WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

Clark, Dawes, Viney, Frawley, Garland, Jones, McDonald (minus the brain fades), Trengove, Watts (with work rate) and a young kid called Hogan. There we go, OD. :P What do you think? Clark was pretty much injured all year. Dawes played half the year and played with restriction. Hogan hasn't played yet. Trengove's been suffering from a lack of pre season and possibly OP, and I believe (as does Roos) that he still has A grade capacity. Frawley was in and out with injury and Watts doesn't know what his position is, but with some shrewd guidance and a position to make his own (the wing), he'll be up and about as well. Get some top notch support staff around Roos and there's much to be excited about. Things could turn quickly.

If Trengove has A grade potential he is hiding it very well!

But otherwise you raise valid points.

Edited by Young Dee

This is the moment to shove him out the door.

"Sorry Jack. Paul only wants players that give a [censored]. He's building a premiership team. Bye."

very seriously tempted to do just that..

• Like 1

If Trengove has A grade potential he is hiding it very well!

But otherwise you raise valid points.

Well, he still averaged 18 touches this season. We should expect more, but I think it will come with some top guidance and a full pre season. Confidence is also a key factor.

Still have full confidence Trenners will come good, he certainly seemed to improve as this season went on, a full pre season and he might be a totally different player.

• Like 3

Sorry if this has been reported elsewhere, but the following appeared in an article about Carltons search for a new midfield coach:

'Swann said the club had a shortlist of targets, but would not expand other than to say Carlton did not believe ex-Geelong premiership captain Cameron Ling was available.'

Promising!

• Like 9

Sorry if this has been reported elsewhere, but the following appeared in an article about Carltons search for a new midfield coach:

'Swann said the club had a shortlist of targets, but would not expand other than to say Carlton did not believe ex-Geelong premiership captain Cameron Ling was available.'

Promising!

That could just mean that he is staying in his role in the media.

• Like 3

you have 14 but you named Mcdonald twice. I'd add Matt Jones though so that's Ok!

The interesting thing about it is that include Matt Jones, that list only contains 3 midfielders.

It has 3 KPDs, 4 KPFs, 1 Ruck, 2 medium/small defenders and a small forward/wing (Kent).

To be competitive the 14 should have 10 midfielders.

Add Jordie Mckenzie too, our midfield is much improved with him in the side.

I think the playing group needs the break to put the past few years behind them and get themselves mentally tuned to the fact that when they return they'll be facing a completely new football landscape with a new coach who, if it is Roos, will no doubt inspire them to new confidence levels. Of course, it seems almost certain that 25% of this year's playing group won't be returning at all and whilst this is not greatly different to the number who left last year, we can have some confidence that the incoming 25% and the influence of the new coaching group is going to lead to a substantial improvement in the next few years. That's definitely something the playing group didn't have 12 months ago.

This is the moment to shove him out the door.

"Sorry Jack. Paul only wants players that give a [censored]. He's building a premiership team. Bye."

But given Roos' past comments he is more likely to say the opposite and say "Sorry Jack, you've had a rough time but I can make you a better player".

What will you say then? Sack Roos?

As I've said before, if we get Roos and he wants Watts, then that is good enough for me. Certainly better than what any posters here say. Ditto if he doesn't want him.

• Like 12

That could just mean that he is staying in his role in the media.

I heard Healy and Russell interview Ling the other night and he's strongly weighing up whether he goes into coaching next year, or spends one more year in the media. He didn't give much away, but I leaned to him staying in the media for one more year.

I heard Healy and Russell interview Ling the other night and he's strongly weighing up whether he goes into coaching next year, or spends one more year in the media. He didn't give much away, but I leaned to him staying in the media for one more year.

Offer him his own segment on DeeTV as a sweetener.

• Like 1

Promising!

If Carlton is seeking a new midfield coach, does that mean that they don't want Brad Green next year? (Carlton development coach appointed in 2-12 but foccussed on the midfield?)

Not to dampen the mood here, but Roos hasn't met with MFC Staff as reported on here, and hasn't been confirmed.

He will not be at the B&F tonight.

And you know this, how?

To be honest I haven't heard that roos meet the staff, I thought I read that the staff were told.

That would seem odd though given the lengths we've gone to keeping it a secret, but not unbelievable if it's only to be announced within the week.

• Like 1

Used to work at the club, so I've asked some people.

They've got their fingers crossed as much as we do

Actually, if I recall correctly no-one on here reported that Roos had met with the staff... someone said the staff had been addressed in a meeting and informed that Roos was coming. The only mention of meeting with Roos, was in relation to the leadership group.

• Like 4