WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

True - you can see it that way if you want.

I just don' see Paul Roos as that kind of bloke.

Whats the point of "waxing lyrical"? why would he do that?

What if he's got Woosha's job???

what if Woosha is coming East??? to a club near you, or one in the Finals?

What if a premiership coach is moving on?

what if the merry go round is a secret... how would you keep the speculation quiet?

Write your own ticket

Whats the odds for getting Mark Neeld back?

how much do you want to wager TBF....i'll book it !!!!

I will have 10.00$ each way on rattan and Williams

send my receipt of ticket to BBO care of Romsey fur factory

I will have 10.00$ each way on rattan and Williams

send my receipt of ticket to BBO care of Romsey fur factory

only taking bets on Neeld ..lol :o

AAP are reporting that Brisbane have given up on Paul Roos as their new coach. Apparently chairman Angus Johnson said that Roos ruled himself out last week due to family reasons.

Depending what those family reasons are, that may rule him out for the MFC job too - unless his family just don't want to live in Brisbane.

I don't want Craig as head coach, although would happy with him back in his role director of coaching/ assistant role.

I am concerned with the imminent investigation into the doping scandal revolving around Melbourne. From previous media leaks it appears Craig (and obviously Neeld), it would be disastrous if he is investigated or punished while coaching the club.

AAP are reporting that Brisbane have given up on Paul Roos as their new coach. Apparently chairman Angus Johnson said that Roos ruled himself out last week due to family reasons.

Depending what those family reasons are, that may rule him out for the MFC job too - unless his family just don't want to live in Brisbane.

The stated reason was moving the family away from Sydney.

Voss is going to be a great senior assistant. (reckon we may snare him)

Hopefully can turn our midfield around... maybe even bring a mid or two from the lions?

I just wonder who will be his boss? Roos for mine.. if not, Eade.

The stated reason was moving the family away from Sydney.

is that what he said ? Or that he couldnt/wouldnt relocate to Brisbane ? A little bit of difference

is that what he said ? Or that he couldnt/wouldnt relocate to Brisbane ? A little bit of difference

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/paul-roos-rules-himself-out-of-brisbane-lions-top-job/story-fndv8d6r-1226706556472

from the news.com >

In an open letter to members, Lions chairman Angus Johnson confirmed Roos had told him he wouldn't be shifting north to replace the sacked Michael Voss.

That means the recently-appointed sub-committee formed to find the club's next coach - which includes Leigh Matthews - must scrub the most sought-after man in football from its wish-list.

"On Paul Roos, he contacted me midway through last week and informed me that, due to family reasons, he would be unable to relocate to Brisbane and was therefore ruled out as a candidate," Johnson wrote in his letter to members.

"I have a good relationship with Paul and our discussions were always honest and open."

Away from Sydney

Just asking...a link ? as what Ive read says "not to Brisbane " and we know how careful he is with words :)

The only experienced coaches are the ex-coaches? You are surprised at that?

I meant coaches that have been fired - not all coaches are fired - some need a break and some move clubs (Lyon, Malthouse, Bomber Thompson etc.)

I just can't see us poaching a coach like Carlton or Fremantle - we are always left with the scraps because a. we don't have balls and b. no serious non washed up coach (successful current or previous coach - Roos) wants to join us.

holograms !!

the ones at Dubai airport are kinda spooky actually..lol.. they follow you

I meant coaches that have been fired - not all coaches are fired - some need a break and some move clubs (Lyon, Malthouse, Bomber Thompson etc.)

I just can't see us poaching a coach like Carlton or Fremantle - we are always left with the scraps because a. we don't have balls and b. no serious non washed up coach (successful current or previous coach - Roos) wants to join us.

Good people get fired.

It doesn't mean they are 'washed up'...

I think you have been somewhat brainwashed by a football media industry that thinks that whenever some Board decides you can't coach their club anymore, you can't coach anymore.

Eade, Craig, and Williams have done things as AFL coaches and have built lists, and clubs into strong units with an excellent culture.

I want Roos but I don't for a seconf buy-in to the nonsense that Eade, Williams, and Craig have lost whatever they once had.

I wonder if I am the only person on this planet that thinks Matty Knights would be a good coach. He got shafted at Essendon by Thompson and Tird but employs a good offensive style of play which I happen to think would be good at Melbourne. For the life of me I can't understand the infatuation with Roos. The Swans played some of the most boring football under the sun when Roos was coach and Longmire has improved it a little bit. Anyway thats just my take on it.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/paul-roos-rules-himself-out-of-brisbane-lions-top-job/story-fndv8d6r-1226706556472

from the news.com >

In an open letter to members, Lions chairman Angus Johnson confirmed Roos had told him he wouldn't be shifting north to replace the sacked Michael Voss.

That means the recently-appointed sub-committee formed to find the club's next coach - which includes Leigh Matthews - must scrub the most sought-after man in football from its wish-list.

"On Paul Roos, he contacted me midway through last week and informed me that, due to family reasons, he would be unable to relocate to Brisbane and was therefore ruled out as a candidate," Johnson wrote in his letter to members.

"I have a good relationship with Paul and our discussions were always honest and open."

Thanks dee-luded.Big difference in unable to relocate to Brisbane and unwilling to move from Sydney.

I wonder if I am the only person on this planet that thinks Matty Knights would be a good coach. He got shafted at Essendon by Thompson and Tird but employs a good offensive style of play which I happen to think would be good at Melbourne. For the life of me I can't understand the infatuation with Roos. The Swans played some of the most boring football under the sun when Roos was coach and Longmire has improved it a little bit. Anyway thats just my take on it.

probably

• Like 2