Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Collingwood chasing Sylvia

Deemachine

That is rubbish. He has played some of his best footy, including this year, against decent opposition. Typical Demonland myth.

The stats don't back you up on that. And BTW if you are hanging your hat on him playing good footy this year, what about the other 9 years where he been atrocious and inconsistent??

Downhill skiier of the highest order

Based on what? After a poor showing when Neeld arrived her was told to pull his head in. He did, and has trained hard since, was promoted to the leadership group last year I think (May be wrong) but Neeld has been full of praise for him. Under Neeld Col has played his best and most consistent footy.

What knowledge do you base your comments on other than the current "sack Neeld or the players will walk" hyperbole?

The most obvious one that springs to mind is Neeld saying that the team has another 3 to 5 years to go before they will challenge. The continuous lowering of goals might not worry a young bloke with 12 years in front of him but for a guy like Sylvia who is well into the second half of his career I doubt that would be very appealing at all.

Sylvia was not in the LG and for guy of his age and length of time in the club that speaks volumes.

Neeld needs to sell a better vision than the ones he's trotting out right now. Maybe Jackson can help him do that but as I've said in other threads, I don't think the boys are enjoying their footy under Neeld.

The stats don't back you up on that. And BTW if you are hanging your hat on him playing good footy this year, what about the other 9 years where he been atrocious and inconsistent??

Downhill skiier of the highest order

Inconsistent yes but atrocious is a bit rich.

He is our best player but let’s just allow him to walk out the door. Maybe we could package him up with Chip and Watts as well.

You think 5 years is a long time, try 8.

• Like 1

945438_307881826011702_372874079_n.jpg

Found this on facebook.

It's not a pretty sight.

Agreed. I dont like seeing any of our players in other club's colours.

Seeing Beamer in the paddle pop lions outfit and Cam Bruce in the poos & wees are up there, but Sylvia in the black and white would be too much!

• Like 1

Well I got called a Keyboard Warrior for saying what I thought last week.

He's gone at seasons end. He's not planning to hang around. But hey, what do I know :P

Then we need to change his mind. Can you put in a good word for us?

Seeing Beamer in the paddle pop lions outfit and Cam Bruce in the poos & wees are up there, but Sylvia in the black and white would be too much!

Disgusting.

Get used to the idea DemonWA

I have said this before and I will say it again.

The only hope we have of holding onto our senior players is to change coaches imminently. Neeld is a absolute disaster. Last year Moloney, Rivers and Martin left as a direct result of the coach, this year we are set to lose Sylvia, & Watts with Frawley likely to ask for a trade. I am not making this up. Pretending these players are not important and brushing this crisis under the doormat is beyond stupidity. River's may have said he wanted to play finals, no doubt this is true, but he would have stayed at the MFC if we had a coach he believed in. This is not speculative talk, this is well known in player management circles.

We must change coaches to someone that can create self belief and inspire our players as soon as possible. Someone who not only believes in our players, but also makes football enjoyable for our players again. The very existence of our football club depends on it. We are starting to resemble a 2nd division team that is nothing more than a player feeder club to the 1st division clubs.

A head coach is responsible for the entire football department. This includes on-field performance, list management, player satisfaction, culture, confidence, self belief, and recruiting. I challenge people to tell me any part of the job Mark Neeld has had success in.

I love the MFC and I fear the way we are headed. I will not stop until Neeld has gone.

To me the continued support for Neeld is mindboggling. Simply it is beyond me that anyone can support, what has been a disaster of an appointment. How much more pain do you guys want? Talk about blind faith!

Edited by Grand New Flag
  • Like 2

The only hope we have of holding onto our senior players is to change coaches imminently. Neeld is a absolute disaster. Last year Moloney, Rivers and Martin left as a direct result of the coach, this year we are set to lose Sylvia, & Watts with Frawley likely to ask for a trade. I am not making this up. Pretending these players are not important and brushing this crisis under the doormat is beyond stupidity. River's may have said he wanted to play finals, no doubt this is true, but he would have stayed at the MFC if we had a coach he believed in. This is not speculative talk, this is well known in player management circles.

We must change coaches to someone that can create self belief and inspire our players as soon as possible. Someone who not only believes in our players, but also makes football enjoyable for our players again. The very existence of our football club depends on it. We are starting to resemble a 2nd division team that is nothing more than a player feeder club to the 1st division clubs.

A head coach is responsible for the entire football department. This includes on-field performance, list management, player satisfaction, culture, confidence, self belief, and recruiting. I challenge people to tell me any part of the job Mark Neeld has had success in.

I love the MFC and I fear the way we are headed. I will not stop until Neeld has gone.

To me the continues support for Neeld is mindboggling. Simply it is beyond me that anyone can support, what has been a disaster of an appointment. How much more pain do you guys want? Talk about blind faith!

I bet you unplugged all your computers and waited to fight robots at the turn of the millennium! Have a look at what you are saying. Martin left, and in a Brisbane team screaming for someone to grab a tall forward post, Stef Martin languishes playing for the Brisbane reserves. Jared rivers left for Geelong, has played 3 games and is stated to be out for another 2-4( I guess that's mark neelds doing as well mate?)

And for the 100th time, Brent Moloney had been at the club for 8 years, a club bereft of on-field leaders since junior was pushed, and instead of working hard, he chose the option of feeling pity for himself and trying to create a divide between the players.

They've all left. Boohoo! No amount of your Moloney-esque sulking about that is going to change it. You frequently bring up gysberts too. Well hasn't that set the club back! Ill have a little wager with you, grand old flag. I put it to you that both gysberts and Martin are delisted by their clubs before mark neeld is moved on by us. You can throw Jared rivers into that deal as well if you like. The loser of the bet can start a thread titled "apology to demonlanders for being so wrong"!

• Like 2

To me the continued support for Neeld is mindboggling. Simply it is beyond me that anyone can support, what has been a disaster of an appointment. How much more pain do you guys want? Talk about blind faith!

So....The tail wags the dog.......Again....

What are you talking about?

What blind faith?

Am I a supporter if I would give him until August before I removed him? Just because a number of posters do not want the immediate removal of the coach does not mean that they are happy with the status quo or that they would not endorse a new coach for 2014.

And, you and all the others who demand immediate removal, are just not giving any solid reason for Jackson to - 21 days into his job - make a decision like that while still trying to restrucutre the FD.

Are we not trying to be more professionally run? Do we not want Jackson to make his recommendations and have his will - AFL endorsed - to be implemented?

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 1

I reckon he's tried his guts out this year.

Posters will say that'd be because he wants to raise interest from other clubs. Perhaps, but at least it's better than spitting the dummy like Moloney did last year.

I'd never say that outright.

I might think it, but I'd never say it.

this year we are set to lose Sylvia, & Watts with Frawley likely to ask for a trade.

oh really, we are 'set to', it is 'likely' huh? Please inform us of how you can make this prediction and then describe how it is you have the insight to hold Neeld responsible for this. You know damn well that we MIGHT lose ONE of those players and that will be for a host of reasons, one of which MIGHT be Neeld. In reality if anyone leaves it will be because another club throws more money at them - that is the only real reason anybody goes anywhere. Some of you blokes are so spineless it is disgusting, why come on here with your drama queen alarmist rubbish making statements as if you know something the rest of us don't when you are clearly just talking CARP. If this is not the case, why don't you put your aggots on the line and bet me right now, TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS, that we don't lose all of Watts, Sylvia and Frawley this year. There is no chance you will do that, because you have no idea if the confident prediction you have made will actually come true because you are a poser, furthermore, you know damn well that your common sense, if you have any, tells you that such an outcome is actually incredibly unlikely.. but you go ahead and say it anyway, for what reason? I don't know ask your therapist. The other extremely annoying thing about it is that half the people here burn calories every week arguing just how rubbish Watts, Sylvia and Frawley are.. one whisper in the media they might be leaving and it's all of a sudden ammunition against Neeld. Unbelievable.

I bet you unplugged all your computers and waited to fight robots at the turn of the millennium! Have a look at what you are saying. Martin left, and in a Brisbane team screaming for someone to grab a tall forward post, Stef Martin languishes playing for the Brisbane reserves. Jared rivers left for Geelong, has played 3 games and is stated to be out for another 2-4( I guess that's mark neelds doing as well mate?)

And for the 100th time, Brent Moloney had been at the club for 8 years, a club bereft of on-field leaders since junior was pushed, and instead of working hard, he chose the option of feeling pity for himself and trying to create a divide between the players.

They've all left. Boohoo! No amount of your Moloney-esque sulking about that is going to change it. You frequently bring up gysberts too. Well hasn't that set the club back! Ill have a little wager with you, grand old flag. I put it to you that both gysberts and Martin are delisted by their clubs before mark neeld is moved on by us. You can throw Jared rivers into that deal as well if you like. The loser of the bet can start a thread titled "apology to demonlanders for being so wrong"!

Clearly I think this post is spin and BS. As an example are you trying to tell me that Paterson who is a direct replacement to Martin is better than Martin???? I could go on and argue most of the points here, but it is circle work, people no hear have read it before and know my opinion.

How anyone can defend Mark Neeld is beyond me. It is defending the indefensible.

Col would be insane to start talks at this point, he has no idea what the structure or coaches are going to be like next year, our club is more of an unknown than any of the new clubs.

oh really, we are 'set to', it is 'likely' huh? Please inform us of how you can make this prediction and then describe how it is you have the insight to hold Neeld responsible for this. You know damn well that we MIGHT lose ONE of those players and that will be for a host of reasons, one of which MIGHT be Neeld. In reality if anyone leaves it will be because another club throws more money at them - that is the only real reason anybody goes anywhere. Some of you blokes are so spineless it is disgusting, why come on here with your drama queen alarmist rubbish making statements as if you know something the rest of us don't when you are clearly just talking CARP. If this is not the case, why don't you put your aggots on the line and bet me right now, TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS, that we don't lose all of Watts, Sylvia and Frawley this year. There is no chance you will do that, because you have no idea if the confident prediction you have made will actually come true because you are a poser, furthermore, you know damn well that your common sense, if you have any, tells you that such an outcome is actually incredibly unlikely.. but you go ahead and say it anyway, for what reason? I don't know ask your therapist. The other extremely annoying thing about it is that half the people here burn calories every week arguing just how rubbish Watts, Sylvia and Frawley are.. one whisper in the media they might be leaving and it's all of a sudden ammunition against Neeld. Unbelievable.

Mate, there is no need to get personal or aggressive. I am entitled to my opinion and also entitled to voice my concerns in what I see and hear. What I hear is not C Grade gossip but comes directly from a close friend who is a player manager and directly looks after a number of Melbourne players.

If you care to look at my predictions and concerns revolving around Neeld, which I started publishing this time last year, you will see that virtually all my fears, concerns and predictions turned out to be true.

Your post demonstrates classic blind faith.

What are you talking about?

What blind faith?

Am I a supporter if I would give him until August before I removed him? Just because a number of posters do not want the immediate removal of the coach does not mean that they are happy with the status quo or that they would not endorse a new coach for 2014.

And, you and all the others who demand immediate removal, are just not giving any solid reason for Jackson to - 21 days into his job - make a decision like that while still trying to restrucutre the FD.

Are we not trying to be more professionally run? Do we not want Jackson to make his recommendations and have his will - AFL endorsed - to be implemented?

rpfc: You make a very good point in regards to Jackson. Although I feel August would be too late, 21 days is not enough. You would think the board is waiting for a recommendation from Jackson, simply he has not yet had enough time to make that recommendation. We would all prefer to wait a little longer and make a the best decision on timing, and transition.

You would do well to get your facts right - Stefan Martin has been out injured for some weeks - indeed still has 4 - 5 weeks to go - and had played every game until then. We got nothing for him and picked up players like Pederson & Gillies into the bargain. Poor thought out on any number of levels.
  • Like 2