5 Years Says Neeld - Who is going to cop that?

Mongrel Dee

Its his first year and everyone understands where they've come from.

Hinkley has won as many games in 9 games as Neeld has in 30 games.....

Fair call, I could have worded it better. No doubt Hinkley is doing a good job but his cause isn't helped when the players don't turn up mentally. I'm sick of players needing a spray from the coach or a milestone game to occur to show some effort. Neeld is gone, we all agree on that but look at the mindset of the players playing GWS compared to when playing the Tigers. This is purely a guess but can you imagine qtr/half time in the Geelong huddle, do they waste time asking the players if they could be bothered would they mind laying a tackle, or they can just talk tactics and not waste time asking for effort. A NRL coach by the name of Wayne Bennett had success with the Broncos and more recently StGeorge. When his team flogged the opposition he would always find negatives, when his side was beaten he would find positives. Neeld copped flack for saying 'it is what it is' , yes he hasn't worked out like we had hoped but regardless of who's coaching the players have to want it and must accept some responsibility for their own effort. What will Hinkley say after the game- we trained well during the week, set ourselves for today as Geelong is the benchmark. What he'd like to say - the on field leaders went missing in the first qtr, took a spray at the break to fire them up. They did put in after the break but were outclassed. The mindset of the Geelong players came about while Bomber was in charge but funnily enough didn't leave them when he did.

On a side note- John Butcher, has had injury's but doesn't mind the contest , is built like a brick wall yet can't hit the side of a barn. Funny how some things work out.

Edited by Al's Demons

I just watched round 14 in 2000. Jeff farmer kicked 9 sausages. Watching the game reminded me of days that were not too bad and it was enjoyable going to watch our team. This group are so poor and the coach is worse, it is really sad to see how bad this club have become in 12 years.

This group should be shown these games to show how shyte their style of play is.

Please please get a coaching team into this club who can reinvigorate the place.

• Like 2

Why is the comment "worthwhile" . The comment is an obvious racist slur. Jurrah copted it at Melbourne from the Melbourne Members area throughout his career. Fair Dinkum you Guys just wake up!!! It's not on. Whites have to release this notion they are superior because of being white.

Probably the fault of Racist Parents...IMO...

I'm sorry? Jaded's comment is racist how? Is her eloquence oppressing you?

One of the more idiotic & moronic comments ive seen posted on this board

Melbourne supporters are so Pathetic they don't even know a racist comment when they here it.

• Like 1

i thought the same thing.

I don't recall anyone being nasty and racist towards Liam Jurrah.

He bought his problems on himself.

Not sure that's fair. The context in which he lived was both complicated and violent.

Ultimately he wavered, it seems to me, and was swept away.

Greatest tragedy in living memory at Melbourne - including Jimmy. Jimmy's was a truly great life. Liam's ought to have been.

• Like 2

The common argument from those posters that don't support the current coach is that while the current coach is not the sole reason for our problems, he is definitely part of the problem not part of the solution going forward.

Through Jackson (and the AFL) it is hoped that the problems including coaching can be identified and properly addressed.

I hope Jackson realises that the part of the train wreck that Neeld is responsible for and acts professionally, respectfully and promptly in terminating Mark Neeld's tenure and concentrates on securing a top flight coach.

He is definitely part of the problem.

And I want to correct an error in my post.

Replace promptly with immediately without delay.

He has to go.

Without doubt the worst coach I have ever seen at MFC in over 40 years of following them. And there have been some bad ones.

He is finished and the Club needs to act.

It should have acted after round 1. This guy is an absolute dud and we have wasted 2 years with him alienating and destroying the players....and the Club.

He needs to be followed out the door by McLardy soon after.

What an embarrassment and what a complete and undeniable disaster.

Edited by Rhino Richards
  • Like 2

Not sure that's fair. The context in which he lived was both complicated and violent.

Ultimately he wavered, it seems to me, and was swept away.

Greatest tragedy in living memory at Melbourne - including Jimmy. Jimmy's was a truly great life. Liam's ought to have been.

This is directed at Why you little...I do recall some comments directed at LJ. "brought on himself" WYL say's...If LJ was out there today he would be the only guy having a red hot crack.. The mere tone of your comment is sad for Liam. I still feel he'll play for PA next season.

I was jumped on in this forum after describing my day at the footy Melb v Tigers a couple of years back when a Melbourne member situated behind me about 10 rows back in the members yelled out to LJ to "take your boots off next time" after LJ had missed one. Everyone around me laughed. Move on!

BELOW COMMENT BY WHY YOU LITTLE AND JNR MAC LAST YEAR. 'you cant understand why people don't join the dots"

Please read comments below.....

Question for WHY is what precisely did Jnr Mac mean by "join the dots"?

i thought the same thing.

I don't recall anyone being nasty and racist towards Liam Jurrah.

He bought his problems on himself.

jnrmac, on 04 September 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

Really?? So we help a guy from a remote community fulfill a dream to play AFL. We support him endlessly and go out of our way to accommodate his cultural needs. We support him through injury and a major court trial AND THEN the guy spits in our face and drops a bombshell on us without a consideration that we might get a trade for him or a draft pick somewhere.

And you don't understand why people are upset??

Sean Charles, Wonna, Lawrence and now Jurrah have all walked out on the club. You can't understand why people don't connect the dots??

BELOW COMMENT BY WHY YOU LITTLE AND JNR MAC LAST YEAR. 'you cant understand why people don't join the dots"

Please read comments below.....

Question for WHY is what precisely did Jnr Mac mean by "join the dots"?

jnrmac, on 04 September 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

Really?? So we help a guy from a remote community fulfill a dream to play AFL. We support him endlessly and go out of our way to accommodate his cultural needs. We support him through injury and a major court trial AND THEN the guy spits in our face and drops a bombshell on us without a consideration that we might get a trade for him or a draft pick somewhere.

And you don't understand why people are upset??

Sean Charles, Wonna, Lawrence and now Jurrah have all walked out on the club. You can't understand why people don't connect the dots??

Thai what is your point, When LJ left Melbourne to go back up north he knew it was a war zone, He also knew what was planned that weekend.

He made the decision to leave as an adult...If he had stayed in Melbourne i am confident he would still be on our list.

Neeld should think about prolonging his career by never picking Sellar again.

Get Strauss ,Blease ,Viney ,Toumpas ,Clark and Sylvia back in the team .(Grimes and Hogan next year)

Why Sub out Jetta-who gives intensity at the contest?

Why pick Nicholson ?(short ,loose ,fumbler)

Why pick Byrnes? (short ,slow)

Why not draft Dayle Garlett and take a risk?(he will now play against us for someone else)

All this carp about culture .

All we have is a losing culture of assistants like Neeld ,Rawlings ,Craig ,Royal and other hacks .

a Winning culture is organic-ours is phony and soft .

If we are to put our trust into our AFL paratrooper then we have to give him time to make a decision.

These losses are hard to watch to say the least. Unfortunately, a caretaker is not going to stem that tide.

As long as the admin is not concerned with the spirit in the team and the staff we allow Jackson the time necessary to make a decision on the restructure and the personnel.

Prompt action can be satisfying but it won't lead us anywhere different than deliberate and thoughtful action on the entire FD.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 2

Just did a little research into recent coaches who have had bad starts. Interestingly, Thompson, Clarkson and Hardwick, who all had people screaming for their blood, had significantly better starts to their tenures than Neeld. I find that quite surprising. Knowing how much pressure there was from fans and media to sack the three of them I had assumed their records would be similarly dismal and appear to have been wrong. The only recent coaches to have had quite this bad a start are Primus and McCartney. Primus made it almost to the end of his second full season and McCartney seems to be avoiding the blowtorch so far despite a record almost as bad as Neelds.

Just did a little research into recent coaches who have had bad starts. Interestingly, Thompson, Clarkson and Hardwick, who all had people screaming for their blood, had significantly better starts to their tenures than Neeld. I find that quite surprising. Knowing how much pressure there was from fans and media to sack the three of them I had assumed their records would be similarly dismal and appear to have been wrong. The only recent coaches to have had quite this bad a start are Primus and McCartney. Primus made it almost to the end of his second full season and McCartney seems to be avoiding the blowtorch so far despite a record almost as bad as Neelds.

Neeld's record is poor. So poor he would have been sacked by now at most other clubs I suspect. Unfortunately, or fortunately (for him), MFC people that make these decisions have been conditioned to accept mediocrity over the last 6 years or so.