Changes v West Coast

stuie

Agreed. We ruined Cale Morton by giving him games he didn't deserve, and I don't want the same thing to happen to Jimmy Toumpas.

Chock, that was after 30 or so games. You may well be right but I'd like him to have one more against WC

Now that Casey has played and everything possible has been posted about the coach and admin, let's turn our attention to the players...

IN: Tappy, Bail, Jetta, Gawn, Kent

OUT: Sylvia, Gillies, Nicholson, Watts, Rodan

Gawn and Jamar to ruck half the quarter each and then swap to the goal square. Max has shown he can compete there and Jamar has kicked bags before when put at FF. Frees up Sellar to move to defence.

Jamar needs to be dropped, he's useless these days. Sylvia was one player who actually tried a bit, he should not be dropped. Gillies should be delisted effective immediately.

• Like 2

Chock, that was after 30 or so games. You may well be right but I'd like him to have one more against WC

He played better this week than last week, so I think until he stops improving we should play him in the seniors. I just hope we don't go overboard with it.

Jamar needs to be dropped, he's useless these days. Sylvia was one player who actually tried a bit, he should not be dropped. Gillies should be delisted effective immediately.

Yeah I'm hating Jamar right now, but don't think it would be wise to throw Gawn in the ruck all game.

Apparently Pedersen played well in defence.

I want to drop a few of these boys after The Debacle II: Hird Some Evil ©.

I don't know what to do with Watts.

He isn't the only confidence-less shell of a human being but he is the most prominent.

I want to see Jetta. I guess Tapscott has to come back, Bail adds run, Magner should be playing, Pedersen in defence.

What a shambles it all is.

We need to throw out the gameplan and get some enjoyment out of game. That pre-game 'pep talk' was an exercise in abstract darkness. A depressed eulogy to a game not yet a maudlin memory.

• Like 1

Just a thought from left field

Why not leave the side as is ??

My reasoning ... we are coming up against West Coast and with our current form you would have to say it will be another [censored], as some said here it would be like shifting the chairs on the Titanic if we make some changes.

But I don't believe that any AFL player no matter how poorly they are playing can live with themselves knowing the results of the last two weeks and being a part of it.

So let them go out there Knowing we as supporters believe they are going to get a Flogging and we don't expect them to win.

But also make it Clear that after the game all the players will be required to do a run around the boundary in front of the Melbourne supporters to give them a chance to voice their feelings on their performance.

But here is the twist regardless of how bad they play we as supporters offer nothing but support to them and try to help lift them and their moral rather than bagging them all the time

As I said totally from left Field.

Probably a result of my current condition which involves a lot of banging of my head against the wall to see if I can make any sense out of this at all.

But I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels the same at least as far as the wall is concerned :unsure: .

I'm really considering whether I should go or not next week, so if they leave the team as is I simply won't go.

I'm not interested in watching hacks like Gillies, Rodan and Byrne run around I'd rather watch daytime television.

I missed Saturday night because I was sick with the virus going around, if they continue to play those guys I will miss the rest of the season, because I'm sick of the acceptance of mediocrity.

Throwing Pedersen in defence creates the opportunity for a straight swap with Gillies, that's if Dunn's still injured or Watts is sent back to Casey for a while.

Davis must be all kinds of horrible if he can't crack into the team right now.

He played better this week than last week, so I think until he stops improving we should play him in the seniors. I just hope we don't go overboard with it.

Until he stops improving - that's funny

I can't remember one good/clean disposal he had last night (now I am not saying I don't think he is going to be a great player just he is not ready for AFL)

Out: Jamar,Nicholson,Gillies,Byrnes

In : Gawn, Jetta , Tapscott, Jordy mac

• Like 1

Out: gillies, Nicholson, sellar, rodan

In: pedersen, mckenzie, gawn, tapscott

Toumpas as sub.

Time for 2 rucks. Sellar does nothing forward or in ruck may as well go for 2 rucks and get some experience for gawn. Tempted to drop jamar but some help and competition might inspire him. Pedersen for gillies is a no brainer. Same with mckenzie for Nicholson. Tapscott needs to come back but really it's a competition between Rodan, Byrnes, trengove and blease and to who gets the chop. Kent and Evans for toumpas isn't unreasonable either but I think toumpy can play well as sub

out: Jamar, Gillies, Watts, Brynes,

in: Spencer/Gawn, kent, jetta, Mckenzie (i presume he was left out late last wk due to illness?)

Jamar could be given 1 more chance hwever, and he could be given support by either spencer or Gawn.

Edited by young dee enthusiast

Until he stops improving - that's funny

I can't remember one good/clean disposal he had last night (now I am not saying I don't think he is going to be a great player just he is not ready for AFL)

Irrelevant, since it was better than last week.

The "deckchairs" cliche has never been more true than it is now. I can't think of a time in my life that I've cared less about who comes and goes.

Would like to see Kent get a game though.

Except if Gillies is in the team next week I am not going. Not even joking.

I actually have something on which I am going to miss to go watch us get smashed, yet again, like an idiot, but if Gillies makes it through his disturbingly bad performance, I am out.

• Like 3

Apparently Pedersen played well in defence.

I want to drop a few of these boys after The Debacle II: Hird Some Evil ©.

I don't know what to do with Watts.

He isn't the only confidence-less shell of a human being but he is the most prominent.

I want to see Jetta. I guess Tapscott has to come back, Bail adds run, Magner should be playing, Pedersen in defence.

What a shambles it all is.

We need to throw out the gameplan and get some enjoyment out of game. That pre-game 'pep talk' was an exercise in abstract darkness. A depressed eulogy to a game not yet a maudlin memory.

Watts to play for Casey, get his hands on the footy

Out: Jamar, Gillies, Nicho, Byrnes, Toumpas (not ready, let's not ruin yet another top end talent)

In: Spencer, Strauss, Jetta, Tapscott (can't ignore that form, made a statement and should be rewarded), Magner (make it happen, he's needed, desperately) or Kent

Watts' last chance, and throw Sylvia and Trengove into the guts for heaven's sake.

• Like 2

Watts to play for Casey, get his hands on the footy

It may be that.

It may be 'play on Darling.'

Confidence is such an intangible.

It can be lost with an errant kick and regained with one strong mark.

He had a strong PS and he needs something that Neeld has not been able to give many - instil some confidence.

If Neeld does nothing else this year - can he help Jack salvage his fledgling career?

It may be that.

It may be 'play on Darling.'

Confidence is such an intangible.

It can be lost with an errant kick and regained with one strong mark.

He had a strong PS and he needs something that Neeld has not been able to give many - instil some confidence.

If Neeld does nothing else this year - can he help Jack salvage his fledgling career?

Not a bad idea....play on Darling or play on Glass.

Nah, play at Casey, run hard, take some grabs, get 25 touches....

Oh, and learn to break a tag, ffs.

What I would like to see:

OUT: Gillies (please never again), Watts, Toumpas, Sylvia, Sellar, Nicho,

IN: Gawn, McKenzie, Dunn, Jetta, Tappy,Strauss or Evans

What is likely:

OUT: Gillies, Toumpas, Nicho

IN: McKenzie, Dunn, Tappy

We also need Magner - he has a touch of mongrel - but we can't get him.

Edited by Maldonboy38