OUR CLUB NEEDS UNITY - Support the club - Rally at our open training session - Friday 12th April - 9:45am - Gosch's Paddock

Wizza

If the Don has been considering/talking about the CEO's position for some time now (as he said in the presser) they should already have an idea of who is out there. I hope we know what we are doing!

As for CS I did not see him at training but probably would have gone up to him and given him a pat on the back if I did. I know he is a passionate Dee and tried to do the right thing ..... but it didn't work out and now he has paid the price. I would have said - I hope he sticks around but then the reason we are getting rid of him is because of his haunted shadow......... so do we want him at training?

Cam Schwab always had and always will have a love of MFC, he can come to training as a supporter, he wasn't on the paddock running it............if you what to pat him on the back tweet him.......one of the press photographers pointed the camera at him and the group he was standing with, Cam made the point of looking straight at the camera.....he always will have class

Edited by Satyriconhome

Hi guys,

I went down today and it was fantastic. Would of been 150+ easily out in the beautiful Melbourne sunshine. Very vocal by the supporters and the players. There were quite a few press/media there too. I thought it was very classy of a few of the boys and Neeldy to come over and say thanks to us after the session ended. Big props to all the boys, especially Mitch Clark and Frank Grimes who went over and mingled with all the young kids on the boundary. One little boy was cheering Mitch on the entire session non stop. All the players loved it. You could tell they genuinally appreciated the support. Im uploading a whole bunch of pics and will link it below when done.

Pics: http://minus.com/mFSYzvncOYSFs

Edited by Darksidepoints
  • Like 3

Wayne & Wizza

Thankyou guys for restoring some hope for us fellow Dee supporters what you achieved by organizing this rally of support was brilliant.

If any other posters on Demonland ever critizise either of you I will pour petrol on them and set them alight.

Cheers mate, it was a team effort. First time in a long time we've had unity on this site :)

Gents, just got back and having lunch whilst typing this, promised this to Lifelong Demon

There are normally 5 or 6 and a stray dog at training, today wasn't good, it was magnificent.

Some admin out of the way first, Cameron Schwab has tatts, I know, now get over it., Travis Johnstone was there, he is not playing footy at the moment, enjoying being a parent, just wanted to show support, he had a good chat with Cameron Schwab and Flash.

Being known has it's benefits

Josh Mahoney - had a good chat with him, yes he totally understands how the supporters feel, he feels the same way, they are working to get if fixed, liked the way Casey played last weekend, that is style they are looking at. The Footy Dept know they are under the pump, but united

Flash Davey - pumped to be back in the side, again understands the supporters frustration, absolutely rapt with the turn out, promised me another goal from the boundary this week, just wants to play

Nev Jetta - you know I have to speak with him, rapt to be back in the side but you can tell he thinks he deserved it, looking fwd to having a real crack (surprise, surprise),

"Pickles" Evans - same as Nev, I congratulated him on his game at Casey and getting back from serious injury, asked me would I like to see the same run, I said yes

Col Sylvia for Col Sylvia was very subdued, thanked me for showing up, perhaps this is the new Col who knows it is now or never, very serious

Jack Trengove - same, humbled by how many supporters turned up, looking forward to cracking in tomorrow

Jack Viney - tweeted yesterday for movie recommendations, I asked him what he had watched after I told him I was going to recommend a romcom but thought better of it, he watched Snow White and the Huntsman, "you need an action film before the game", I would adopt him if I could

Had an open and frank discussion with Nathan Jones about the media, most of which if I wrote it down would be nothing but those (censored) thingys, he desperately wants to repay the supporters

Somebody has already posted about Tapscott''s demeanour, I congratulated him on two things going back to Casey and not spitting the dummy and playing like he should to come straight back in, told me was going to give it everything tomorrow.....said that to my face.....I believe him

Jack Grimes - was another who I think was humbled by the turnout and another who desperately wants to turn it around, repeated, and we all saw it this morning, they don't train poorly, they just need to take it onto the field, all united

And finally Jack Watts (still full bearded thankfully), got a big smile, an arm around my shoulder and a thanks for being there, maybe a couple of weeks away from the spotlight will be what he needs to get back into the form he was showing last season

Also spoke to a couple of the boys playing for Casey tomorrow, Clisby, Kent and Taggert, really confident, Kent was a bit disappointed with the standard of VFL, thought it would be higher, desperate to crack a spot in AFL side, he looks even bigger than when I chatted to him just after he was drafted

If I think of anything else will add it

That's the type of attitude we want, very different to a high draft pick of a few years back who was happy to develop at Casey and then give it a crack. He did neither.

When you're on an AFL list you've got to go all out to play in the AFL side no matter what the coaches and development people are telling you. You keep playing well and you force their hand. Howe and McDonald are great examples of this.

• Like 1

Great job WW and wizza. I reckon all of us would have felt at times frustrated, maybe even disillusional, being a dees supporter over the past few years. But it's days like this that make it worthwhile and a reminder we are not alone. Training was sharp and the boys genuinely looked excited at the turnout. All the best to the boys and mark this weekend. Jeez I hope this is our line in the sand. Inwards and upwards from here.

Go dees!

• Like 1

Gents, just got back and having lunch whilst typing this, promised this to Lifelong Demon

There are normally 5 or 6 and a stray dog at training, today wasn't good, it was magnificent.

Some admin out of the way first, Cameron Schwab has tatts, I know, now get over it., Travis Johnstone was there, he is not playing footy at the moment, enjoying being a parent, just wanted to show support, he had a good chat with Cameron Schwab and Flash.

Being known has it's benefits

Josh Mahoney - had a good chat with him, yes he totally understands how the supporters feel, he feels the same way, they are working to get if fixed, liked the way Casey played last weekend, that is style they are looking at. The Footy Dept know they are under the pump, but united

Flash Davey - pumped to be back in the side, again understands the supporters frustration, absolutely rapt with the turn out, promised me another goal from the boundary this week, just wants to play

Nev Jetta - you know I have to speak with him, rapt to be back in the side but you can tell he thinks he deserved it, looking fwd to having a real crack (surprise, surprise),

"Pickles" Evans - same as Nev, I congratulated him on his game at Casey and getting back from serious injury, asked me would I like to see the same run, I said yes

Col Sylvia for Col Sylvia was very subdued, thanked me for showing up, perhaps this is the new Col who knows it is now or never, very serious

Jack Trengove - same, humbled by how many supporters turned up, looking forward to cracking in tomorrow

Jack Viney - tweeted yesterday for movie recommendations, I asked him what he had watched after I told him I was going to recommend a romcom but thought better of it, he watched Snow White and the Huntsman, "you need an action film before the game", I would adopt him if I could

Had an open and frank discussion with Nathan Jones about the media, most of which if I wrote it down would be nothing but those (censored) thingys, he desperately wants to repay the supporters

Somebody has already posted about Tapscott''s demeanour, I congratulated him on two things going back to Casey and not spitting the dummy and playing like he should to come straight back in, told me was going to give it everything tomorrow.....said that to my face.....I believe him

Jack Grimes - was another who I think was humbled by the turnout and another who desperately wants to turn it around, repeated, and we all saw it this morning, they don't train poorly, they just need to take it onto the field, all united

And finally Jack Watts (still full bearded thankfully), got a big smile, an arm around my shoulder and a thanks for being there, maybe a couple of weeks away from the spotlight will be what he needs to get back into the form he was showing last season

Also spoke to a couple of the boys playing for Casey tomorrow, Clisby, Kent and Taggert, really confident, Kent was a bit disappointed with the standard of VFL, thought it would be higher, desperate to crack a spot in AFL side, he looks even bigger than when I chatted to him just after he was drafted

If I think of anything else will add it

Nice run down thanks.

You really are missing your sense of humour though - he could have "your name" tattooed on his left butt cheek for all I care :)

Nice run down thanks.

You really are missing your sense of humour though - he could have "your name" tattooed on his left butt cheek for all I care :)

Tricky, (I bought your last album), you have lost me there...not sure what that refers to unless it is Jack Watts' beard....can you explain....ah got it now...Cam Schwab's tatts...some posters have been obsessing over it in various topics this week, only felt it appropriate to comment now given this week's circumstances...........and trying to get my humour back.......been busy at work as well just to top off..sigh

Edited by Satyriconhome

Great work on getting the numbers down there today Wizza (and all the others that got involved)

Just watching the press conference now, Neeld sounded genuinely impressed/touched at the show of support, and said it was appreciated by all.

For a club down on confidence, that show of support this morning was probably the best thing that they could have had happen !!

• Like 1

Ww and wizz I just wanted to congratulate you both (& anyone else who helped get this rolling). I've been past Goshes a number of times in the past 3 months filling in for some drivers of ours on the 605. I used to honk on way past the boys when training as I felt they needed every little encouragement possible seeing as there was hardly anyone watching. Seriously I could count on 1 or 2 hands the numbers other than officials.

Then yesterday I drove down around punt. Turned into Swan. No one training in the usual front paddock there. I figured must be a change up to usual routine due to Sorrento. Ok fair enough. Then I get to Olympic park. I was in shock. Thousands of Pie supporters watching them train and egging their boys on. Suffice to say I was hit by another wave of depression. As if witnessing the last 2 weeks wasn't enough.

To drive up Punt today and look across and see a fair turn out in the red & blue. What a great sight. This would have to give the players some sort of lift & reason for being surely?

I'm even thinking of taking a sicky or RDO next week or whenever the next designated day is to get there.

We even got coverage on SEN which is the most positive marketing this clubs had probably all season.

Well done guys and to all who got down there.

You just may have started something special.

Carn the Demons!

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 5

Tricky, (I bought your last album), you have lost me there...not sure what that refers to unless it is Jack Watts' beard....can you explain....ah got it now...Cam Schwab's tatts...some posters have been obsessing over it in various topics this week, only felt it appropriate to comment now given this week's circumstances...........and trying to get my humour back.......been busy at work as well just to top off..sigh

Oh, that was you!

some posters have been obsessing over it in various topics this week, only felt it appropriate to comment now given this week's circumstances...........and trying to get my humour back.......been busy at work as well just to top off..sigh

Yes, hence me bringing it up in this thread - obviously the reference was too subtle to portray my actual opinion on the matter but that should at least be out of the way now.

Business is a word that describes footy all too often these days. I think Wayne,wizza and everyone who went to training today proved that footy is and always will be about people. To all of you who went thats what makes a club and gives the MFC a pulse. Congratulations.

• Like 6

I didn't take any notes, this is off the cuff so please excuse....

From the moment I turned up 10 minutes into the session (I say 10 mins because it was 9:55am) the precinct was a buzz with the 3 Melbourne codes training. I look over my right shoulder I see the Storm boys in the middle of a "set", they look sharp, I turn a little further I see and hear Ange Postecoglou (spell?) bark his orders to his troops who are in the middle of their finals series.

Great day for sunglasses and not a drop of rain or cloud in sight. This is Melbourne.....

.....and it has been for a decade for those who refer to Melbourne as cold and wet.

I stand within ear shot of the President, Don McLardy. He looks refreshed, bit of a hair trim, he also has the shades on (this isn't Brisbane or Sydney ;) ) and is accompanied by the stand in CEO Peter Spargo.

It's a relatively short, sharp session but a handy session at that, because of the support that gathered. 200+ including some kids with plenty of colour plus media.

"We" (#demonunity) watch on as the boys go through their paces in the lead up to the Eagles game on Saturday. Jetta, Davey, Byrnes, Tapscott, Pederson, Howe, Sylvia and Clark (no "e") line up in various spots of the forward line and ping at goal whilst the remainder of the group practise an exercise up the other end of the ground.

They are brought into the middle every now and then at the sound of a whistle. I do note that some take their time getting to position or are reminded of where they must be by an assistant at one time. Perhaps the crowd present let their mind(s) wander...? I immediately dismiss it as no concern because I've seen the same before at training dating back to the Daniher days.

The full ground drill involves everyone in a blue strip where they work from a stoppage in the back half, transfer play one way initially before working back the other way around the wing, before bringing it in board around the centre half forward position by handball linking up to a forward on the lead. No one has a direct opponent, so there is a lot of freedom. It's appears simply an exercise of ball movement and remind them that quick transition is required and allows them the knowledge of where it's got to go. They mix it up and bring it down both wings of Gosch's Paddock. Each forward seems to take it's turn as the target but it's up to the ball carrier or the first option they see. Tapscott looks lively close up and marks nearly all that comes his way. Clark is a beast and links up with the smalls by knocking it down - as if it's a contest - to his feet for the crumbers to gather. Davey, Byrnes and Jetta mop up where required.

Both Dawes and Dunn ran laps keeping an eye on their watch every now and then. Making sure they complete the laps by a certain time. They're on the mend and look relatively free in their stride. Can't be too far away...

"We" (#demonunity) saw Viney hit up Clark and co. in Round one with some "zing" passes that would make Luke Hodge's mouth water. Well I was drooling again this morning. One sublime pass hit up Tapscott at full stretch. God he's good. I'll have some of that thanks.

The training run was nothing little more than a warm up for the guys, I saw a couple of fumbles/clangers (notably Jamar from memory bank and Nicholson with a couple of kicks), but all things considered it looked relatively sharp with their disposal. Given what has transpired in rounds one and two for the players and supporters, today was more about support for the lads. It may have been just an average Friday small session. But you get the feeling it was important and significant for the players. They sure appreciated it.

Thanks to those who went down for a look and to Wizza and waynerussell for drumming and bumping this thread up!

#demonunity

Edited by H_T
  • Like 4

Great work at training. From neelds presser you can tell he was happy and a bit surprised with the support. He was probably expecting the opposite. Lets hope that energy can go into tomorrows game.

Jonesy tweeted this

The support of the @melbournefc #demonarmy this morning was pretty special. Thankyou #inittogether #nevergiveup #firstandforever

Trengove also tweeted the following

Loved the loyalty & enthusiasm shown by the demon faithful this morning! Was very special & appreciated by all. #bestsupporters

Also Jack Viney

Fantastic to see the Melbourne faithful supporting the boys at training this morning. Impressive people that's for sure. #demonarmy

I guess I will catch it on the news tonight.

By the way Howcroft is in charge of channel 10 so he cant be our ceo

I forgot to mention before

While I was there I was thinking wonder what it would be like if it was traing in September and we were playing finals.

Just my dream I guess.

But today will keep me up for a couple of weeks.

Oh to win a game or two during April.

• Like 1