Wonder what PAUL ROOS is up to these days???

Pata

They did.

They parachuted in a CEO (we opened the retractable roof) and he will oversee the next 6 months.

INCLUDING what we do with the coaching situation.

This should also allow one's rational brain to reason that this Roos rumour is BS as I highly doubt that Jackson would have arranged this in such short order, or that the AFL would go over his head and interfere with his job.

It's just a journalist throwing gasoline on a fire that he may get a kick out of 'blogging' and then 'tweeting' about but he isn't the one whose job is in the frame here.

Mark Neeld may not be working out right now but he does not deserve this kind of crap, and nor does his family.

Tony Sheahan should be ashamed of himself but I know he won't be and that is infuriating.

don't tell DC, he thinks we employed the Man in the the red sash.

Wallace wasn't the worst match day coach of all time he just always wanted a quick fix. Put him in and I think we become a much better team for 2013 but at what cost, plus I doubt he's good enough to win a flag. Matthew Knights wasn't too bad either, Essendon are reaping the rewards of what he sowed now.

... well Barassi went to the Aid of the Sydney Swans, at the request of the AFL.

that Club hasn't looked back, once they were set a Direct Course.

but Roos would still do what Neeld is doing. & IMO would Not shaft Neeld mid year.

Agreed, wonder who will be interim coach after we play Geelong this year?

I keep hearing people say how brave Paul Roos would be to take this job on. If that's what he says, tack on another zero to his wage. Debt Demolition wasn't undertaken so that we could employ more people to staple leaflets. The next coaching hire couldn't be more critical. He's perfect for the job. Melbourne, do what a good club does and make it happen.

Makes sense - pay him $10,000,000 per year. We'd have administrators appointed to the club within about 6 weeks.

Dead set, some of the stuff posted here wouldn't even make the grade at OK magazine.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don't think money is an issue for Roo's.

He probably needs the job like a hole in the head but it would massage his enormous ego to be paraded as the messiah.

• Like 1

Agreed, wonder who will be interim coach after we play Geelong this year?

I thought it was pretty established that it would be Todd Viney before the GWS game, although i'd rather Craig or Rawlings personally

• Like 1

Wallace wasn't the worst match day coach of all time he just always wanted a quick fix. Put him in and I think we become a much better team for 2013 but at what cost, plus I doubt he's good enough to win a flag. Matthew Knights wasn't too bad either, Essendon are reaping the rewards of what he sowed now.

Lets try and get a competent experienced coach rather than failed experiments in Wallet and Knights.

It looks like many here truly don't believe in the culture angle & the failings of the club generation upon generation.... so if its not the Culture of the club, then it can only be one other thing, we can't Identify talent!!! Coaches, Players, or Administrators;;;; or even Board Members,,, aren't most of them from the North Stand environment???

But wait, theres more,,, why can't we Identify them? It can't be that all the people we employ, generation after generation, can't Identify any Real Talent !!!

Human error, every last one of them.... I wish they would stop bringing their bad culture to La Finestra club...

• Like 2

I'm amazed that anyone could take this thing seriously. Although his identity appears well and truly blown, this is an anonymous blog for a guy to bignote himself writing BS articles defaming people who are more successful than he is. No doubt it makes him feel all manly and stuff when he puts up a post like this, but it's scarcely a credible source of information.

• Like 2

don't tell DC, he thinks we employed the Man in the the red sash.

are you saying he doesn't have a contract with the mfc as it's ceo dee-luded

it may be a different matter how we came about aquiring him but that's just networking

but contractualy and legally he is bound to the mfc and its best interests as their employee

whatever he says to the afl must be approved by the board or he is in breach of his employment

if the board are happy he reports to the afl (in confidence of course) as to the state of affairs internally of the mfc then that is for the board to decide

but the lines of responsibility are clear. he can't tell the board one thing and the afl a different thing

it may be a different matter how we came about aquiring him but that's just networking

but contractualy and legally he is bound to the mfc and its best interests as their employee

whatever he says to the afl must be approved by the board or he is in breach of his employment

if the board are happy he reports to the afl (in confidence of course) as to the state of affairs internally of the mfc then that is for the board to decide

but the lines of responsibility are clear. he can't tell the board one thing and the afl a different thing

Lol I don't know if he's got a contract with the dees DC. But I do know that the MJFC released a statement after CSchwab stepped down as CEO, that one of the Directors would step in as interim CEO... I think I read Peter Spargo?

... then vLad & on his charger rode in from the Wild West Roadshow, & promptly announced to all, that the AFL would offer any assistance required... within a week we heard that Peter Jackson would standin for 6 months, after we had just announced that Spargo would be the interim.

& this is our doing?

How do you know he has a contract with Melbourne, DC?

How do you know he has a contract with Melbourne, DC?

Ummmmm.........are you serious

a job is a contract

Lol I don't know if he's got a contract with the dees DC. But I do know that the MJFC released a statement after CSchwab stepped down as CEO, that one of the Directors would step in as interim CEO... I think I read Peter Spargo?

... then vLad & on his charger rode in from the Wild West Roadshow, & promptly announced to all, that the AFL would offer any assistance required... within a week we heard that Peter Jackson would standin for 6 months, after we had just announced that Spargo would be the interim.

& this is our doing?

so what?

spargo was always just an emergency interim ceo

and so what if the afl helped find an interim ceo because the club wanted time to decide on a permanent appointment. the afl is there to help clubs

of course the afl are involved to some extent in mfc's problems

people are reading way too much into things with little proof

I'm amazed that anyone could take this thing seriously. Although his identity appears well and truly blown, this is an anonymous blog for a guy to bignote himself writing BS articles defaming people who are more successful than he is. No doubt it makes him feel all manly and stuff when he puts up a post like this, but it's scarcely a credible source of information.

RM I heard him on SEN and he stated that two independent sources had varified what he is saying. One from the Roos Camp and another from the AFL if I remember correctly.

Just letting you know what he said.

RM I heard him on SEN and he stated that two independent sources had varified what he is saying. One from the Roos Camp and another from the AFL if I remember correctly.

Just letting you know what he said.

Story is still floating around.....

Roos as head coach would give our FD more credibility, but im not sure that it would help our onfield performance all that much in the short term! It may inspire a few of our OoC players to sign new contracts though

We still have a core group of top line young talent. Any seasoned coach will see that and will see the potential and lots to work with.

Problem - Unfortunately Neeld is taking far too long to get them up and about. That is the reality.

the AFL are very concerned about the MFC and the on going Broadcast deal.

That i know....

Come on.....The AFL would be worried about all sides that are getting flogged each week....Why are they so worried about us all of a sudden......

Come on.....The AFL would be worried about all sides that are getting flogged each week....Why are they so worried about us all of a sudden......

Quite simple...in 6-7 years we have not improved, the club is not pulling its weight within the Broadcast Deal in the eyes of the AFL

We still have a core group of top line young talent. Any seasoned coach will see that and will see the potential and lots to work with.

Problem - Unfortunately Neeld is taking far too long to get them up and about. That is the reality.

And a new coach would just click his fingers and all of a sudden we would be a finals side......To long?????

Geezzz.....He has been contracted to change this club's culture and fitness to bring it up to AFL standard.......And he hasn't done it in one year.....He must be bad.......

• Like 1

Quite simple...in 6-7 years we have not improved, the club is not pulling its weight within the Broadcast Deal in the eyes of the AFL

So how are the Doggies going........Less members.......Less money......In debt....about 2 to 3 mil....But the AFL are just worried about us????

They are obviously pulling their weight........