Sellar, Gillies and Pederson

Range Rover

Gillies was awful yesterday! he looked lost all day. He did smother a ball early and punch a it out a few times but other than that he does look like a dud.

Pedersen, while he was unsighted for the majority of the game, at least he did something good when he got it (atleast when he was down the end where i was), but he does need to be involved more.

Sellar, i didn't see much of him yesterday and what i did see of him, nothing. He seemed to be going somewhere at the end of last year and in the pre-season, but that has gone out the window in the 1st round.

While these guys did little all day, the majority of their teammates did the same, the whole team was a disgrace yesterday!

Edited by young dee enthusiast

Sellar, i didn't see much of him yesterday and what i did see of him, nothing. He seemed to be going somewhere at the end of last year ...

... when he was played permanently as a KPD and pinch-hitter in the ruck. Perhaps not surprising that having found a position, he's having trouble in another?

Gillies is a) young, b) shouldn't have to be taking first or second KPF's and c) was on the receiving end of 62 (count 'em) Inside 50's. Not saying he was great on Sunday, clearly he wasn't, but I wouldn't be writing him off on the basis of one game where the whole team underwhelmed and we were cut to ribbons in the mids.

As for Pedersen, see Gillies. Though in any case, we need he and Sellar, Jamar can't ruck by himself all game. Perhaps when/if Gawn gets going we'll be able to play our talls by ability rather than necessity.

... when he was played permanently as a KPD and pinch-hitter in the ruck. Perhaps not surprising that having found a position, he's having trouble in another?

Gillies is a) young, B) shouldn't have to be taking first or second KPF's and c) was on the receiving end of 62 (count 'em) Inside 50's. Not saying he was great on Sunday, clearly he wasn't, but I wouldn't be writing him off on the basis of one game where the whole team underwhelmed and we were cut to ribbons in the mids.

As for Pedersen, see Gillies. Though in any case, we need he and Sellar, Jamar can't ruck by himself all game. Perhaps when/if Gawn gets going we'll be able to play our talls by ability rather than necessity.

Gawn as a panacea to all our ills? What's he actually shown other than a couple of lengthy surgical scars on his knees and a few humourous turns on DeeTv?

• Like 2

These guys will be among a host of certain delistings at years end. That group also includes Luke Tapscott, Ro Bail and Joel Macdonald IMO...

These guys will be among a host of certain delistings at years end. That group also includes Luke Tapscott, Ro Bail and Joel Macdonald IMO...

Add Watts, Jamar, Sylvia and Davey to that list.

• Like 1

All of them are on our list and we need to get the most of them while they are on our lists. Coaching staff need to take them in hand to give them a better understanding of what they are doing wrong, i.e. not catching the ball would be a good start. They should ALL know by now very few players will be safe at the end of the year if they continued such gutless football. And very few if any will find a home with another AFL club. This is their one chance if they blow it then their dreams are gone.

• Like 1

Sellar and Gillies aren't in our best 22, Tmac and Dawes will push them both out. Peders showed a little in parts, but needs a lot more urgency.

As someone posted above Jamar was my biggest concern, one of the worst games he's played in a long time and we've given him 3 more years. I like him, he's a loyal player but we've given him too much.

Stellar, Gilligan and Pedo.

No. No. And No.

None of these guys should be in a senior Melbourne AFL team worth a damn.

Who is Neeld kidding with this "Moneyball" nonsense?

Sellar has at least shown something, not yesterday but in previous games i'd likr think that yesterday was an aberration.

The other two you can bundle up with the Dancer and Byrne in a job lot; highest, or any bidder can have them.

Sellar. We need to keep him for backup, but I prefer Spencer, Gawn and even Fitzy ahead of him

Gillies. One of our worst drafts in recent years, and that is saying a lot

Pedersen. I just cannot see his worth.

Gilles must go but with Pederson and Sellar I see potential. Sellar had great preseason form and Pederson showed some "ok" signs yesterday. But Gilles must never wear a MFC gurnsey again.

Mentally toughen the list before burning them.

These guys are better than that.

Its our club not the players at this point.

Have to agree WYL my focus is squarely on Admin. We should start discussing what powers members hold, can we force extraordinary meetings, changes at board level etc.

There are just still so many players on the list that we know aren't flag capable players and have little upside. While many of our promising players still have glaring deficiencies.

Guys like Sellar and Gillies don't (and will never) cut the mustard. Some have a genuine dip (sometimes) but butcher the footy, like Nicho, Bail, J-Mac, Magner, Jordie etc. Some can use the footy but don't get their hands on it enough (Tapscott, Strauss). All mentioned so far (except Strauss) are also relatively poor decision makers. Some are too soft (Davey, Watts, Dunn), some are just past it (Davey again, Jamar, Rodan) and some coast too much despite obvious talent (Sylvia is exhibit A, B and C).

Even some of our more promising players are concerning. Trenners was a great prospect before injury and now looks slow and indecisive. Grimes gets plenty of it and tries hard but still makes poor decisions with the footy and Howe's disposal is much worse than most give him credit for.

With the exceptions of big Mitch and Nate Jones, I find little to get me excited other than raw youngsters. Groundhog Day. I hope we turn it around before we fold.

• Like 1

Gillies is a) young, B) shouldn't have to be taking first or second KPF's and c) was on the receiving end of 62 (count 'em) Inside 50's. Not saying he was great on Sunday, clearly he wasn't, but I wouldn't be writing him off on the basis of one game where the whole team underwhelmed and we were cut to ribbons in the mids.

yeah fair points there. I really thought Sellar was getting better and better the more he played for us, but when he puts in performances like that it hurts, but as you said he was played out of position.

Pedersen, i really liked the idea of him coming over to us from north as i really liked what he produced for them. Yesterday he didn't get much of the ball, but from what i saw from my end he did well with a few nice things.

Gillies, i really don't know how he will do, but from yesterdays performance (he's not alone), it doesn't look good, again as you said though it is only one game.

Can't believe you (and everyone else it seems) has missed Dan Nicholson! Would rather have Joel McDonald any day, at least I know he will go at 100%, same could be said of Rohan Bail.

• Like 4

Sellar has at least shown something, not yesterday but in previous games i'd likr think that yesterday was an aberration.

The other two you can bundle up with the Dancer and Byrne in a job lot; highest, or any bidder can have them.

Sellar did show something during the NAB Cup with a five goal haul and a three goal haul. Who was the guy out there yesterday actually dropping two marks in front of goal? As for Nicholson and Gillies enough said (especially when they moved Gillies to full forward - what were they thinking?

Have to agree WYL my focus is squarely on Admin. We should start discussing what powers members hold, can we force extraordinary meetings, changes at board level etc.

I take it you will be putting up your hand to do countless hours of unpaid work....

Seller is the worst. He ha the right build tob imposing but is the opposite. Problem is he NEVER plucks pack marks or even contested marks, it's not in his skill set. And for a guy his size he must do this or this will be his last season as an afl footballer.