Clarke and Trengrove

Alcho Dee

Not if you're from Scandinavia.

Speaking of Scandinavia Hardtack Does the sun every come out?

I have watch a number of episodes of TV on SBS and the ABC from that part of the world and in every one it is dull / raining.

Must be bloody depressing living there

Alternate spellings that I have seen:

Jesse Hogan- none.

Nathan Jones- none

Jack Watts- none

Jimmy Toumpas- Toompas, Tompass, Toumpass

Chris Dawes- Daws

Jack Viney- none

James Frawley- none

Jack Trengove- Trengrove

Shannon Byrnes- Burnes, Burns, Brynes

Mitch Clark- Clarke

Colin Sylvia- Silvia

Jordie McKenzie- MacKenzie

Lynden Dunn- Dunne

David Rodan- Roden, Rhodan

Sam Blease- Bleeze, Bleaze

James Strauss- None

Colin Garland- Garlend

Cameron Pedersen- Peterson, Pederson, Petersen

James Magner- Magnar

Josh Tynan- None*

Tom McDonald- Macdonald

Daniel Nicholson- None

Tom Gillies- None*

Joel Macdonald- McDonald

James Sellar- Seller, Sellars, Sellers

Jack Grimes- None

Michael Evans- None

Dominic Barry- Berry

Dean Kent- Dent (see "Best 22 Post Draft" thread)

Luke Tapscott- Tapscot

Aaron Davey- Davies, Daveys, Davis

Max Gawn- None

Jeremy Howe- How

Neville Jetta- None

Mark Jamar- None

Troy Davis- Davies

Jake Spencer- Spenser

Rory Taggert- Taggart, Tagert, Tagart

Rohan Bail- Bale

Matt Jones- None

Dean Terlich- None*

Tom Couch- Crouch

Jack Fitzpatrick- None

Don't even get me started about former players.

*I'm sure there'll be misspellings soon enough.

Edited by Good Times Grimes
  • Like 4

I have watch a number of episodes of TV on SBS and the ABC from that part of the world and in every one it is dull / raining.

I'll bet following MFC through 2012 was far more depressing.

Guest NoMoreMrNiceGuy

Too bad we no longer have Austin 'copy paste' Wonaeamirri. The variations on that one were classic.

Clark and Dunn +e drives me crazy.

Diestroy Aull

Too bad we no longer have Austin 'copy paste' Wonaeamirri. The variations on that one were classic.

Clark and Dunn +e drives me crazy.

I think most people were like me Da

Called him Aussie because the rest was far too hard.

I think most people were like me Da

Called him Aussie because the rest was far too hard.

Yep spot on, or Wonna . The Ox is far easier to use as well .

Imagine if Woewodin , Grgic and Leoncelli were still around .

As much as I would like to visit that part of the world (really want to get to Iceland one day), it should be noted that Sweden has one of the highest suicide rates in the world...guess that fits with your description OD.

One of my favourites, not actually a mis spelling but a pronunciation one, was Jack Dyer who used to describe Big Strawbs, #1, as "Odour Wire".

The effective taxation in Sweden is commonly cited as among the highest in the world.

apparently norway has high tax as well, but the retirement age is alot lower and their civil services are meant to be fantastic...

i'd be happy to pay a bit more tax if it meant i didnt have to work until i'm 70

• Like 1

I used to say 'Trengrove' for a little while (a few months pre and post draft) but I think that's the only mistake I've ever made. I used to think Shannon Byrnes was Brynes though. I've continually seen Clarke, Pettard and Taggart . I never even got Wonaeamirri wrong, among a sea of Wonaemirri's and Wonaeamiri's. A bit off topic, but I've heard people at games exchange Bennell for Jetta and vice versa

I find the spelling police annoying.

As long as I know who posters are on about , I don't care if they mix up a letter.

It's more the fact that people don't know how to spell the name, not so much mixing up a letter.

Topics like this one make people aware of how to spell certain names.

Personally I am hopeless at remembering people's names and so so at spelling them, but when it comes to players names at Melbourne I like to know them correctly.

Hardly a big deal but.

spelling mistakes arent the things that annoy me, what annoys me is when someone has made a good point or have a good opinion on something but they have slept a name wrong then the next 3 comments are, awww it CLARK not CLARKE!! if you know what they mean just get on with FFS!!