Poll - Wines or Toumpas

tonatopia

Wines or Toumpas  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This should be on the Draft and Trading Board.

Toumpas without a second thought. Tremendous work ethic, good leadership potential, steps up when his team needs him, good pace, agility and skills. A more rounded player really.

If he is available at pick 4 and we don't take him then we've stuffed up.

I am certain whomever we select, unless he comes out and absolutely dominates 2013 there will be some who will label him a "dud" or a"spud", especially if the other does even a few good things elsewhere.

If he [Toumpas] is available at pick 4 and we don't take him then we've stuffed up.

I have a problem with this sort of comment. It's fine to offer an opinion but definitive statements, like this one, are delusional - especially given the relative knowledge and information that the professional recruiters are working with, compared with that of a nobody on a fan site.

A wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if we went for Wines.

I have a problem with this sort of comment. It's fine to offer an opinion but definitive statements, like this one, are delusional - especially given the relative knowledge and information that the professional recruiters are working with, compared with that of a nobody on a fan site.

A wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if we went for Wines.

I would be very surprised if Toumpas was available, very surprised if GWS don't take him and very surprised if he is and we don't.

If Toumpas was available and we went for Wines I'd be astonished.

Be prepared for stonishment.

• Like 1

Alot makes me mad.... But picking Wines over Toumpas would send me into a fit of rage.

I don't want to annoy everyone on Demonland with my soapbox on draft night so just hope we get it right.

I voted dont know.

Why? Apart from the fact my football knowledge is stored on a postage stamp there are things I think I am just not in a position to assess.

I have no idea if the hip is an issue or whether its an indication of the risk of cascading issues down the track.

Is Wines going to be a 200 gamer?

How do the experts rate the value of getting someone who is best mates with our future mid field engine has played with him.

Which of the two are more excited about playing at the Dees.

If we pick Toumpas its because we think he is ok and ready to go.

Finally everyone makes trade mistakes and number 5's can be better that a 4 but there is one absolute certainty who ever we pick someone will bemoan the one that got away for about 1000 posts and at least 5 years. (poll after Poll after poll)

• Like 1

Happy with either. Hard choice, but I will trust the club to select the one that fits us best. I would go for Wines; hard at it and never gives up. He and Viney in our midfield will terrify our opposition for years to come.

I voted Toumpas purely because I like saying the word "toumpas"

Toumpas...Toumpas...

I've got a sore toumpas.

I got kicked in the toumpas and it hurt like hades.

I dont give a flying toumpas.

Fun to say and versatile.

• Like 8

In the end the medical people and recruiting people will have to evaluate Toumpas. If he's a good as he has been touted and medically ok then there is no better choice at number 4.

For us to evaluate someone from clips is poor because they always show only his best performances not what he does when he's having a off day.

• Like 2

From what I have read Toumpas is the more polished player. But on the other hand Neeld is on a mission to fix the culture of the playing group, it's been broken for a long time. I feel pretty confident Viney is going to bring some of that intangible culture which will be never say die attack no matter what the scoreboard, whether we are in front or behind. We have clearly been missing this type of culture and leadership for a long time now. James McDonald wasn't a player who had the capability to turn a game like I'm pretty sure Viney will. I get the impression Wines attitude to how he plays and his long association with the Vineys means he will bring the same intangible culture to the club. Having two players in that mould who know each other so well, might bring something the sum of which is greater than Toumpas being a better footballer. Toumpas has had injury problems already, however, on the other hand will bring elite outside speed and skill which in the overall balance of the list is something we look like we are in desperate need for more than another hard at it inside midfielder. Who know's. I'll leave that to Neeld & the FD. So happy either way.

• Like 3

I voted "I don't know". There are lots of people around here that have (or claim to have), more insight into these kids than I do. However, there do seem to be good arguments for going either way, and it's very likely that both will turn out to be very good 10 year players. I'm happy to support which ever way the Club goes on this one (assuming they have a choice), and I promise not jump on the bandwagon of those seeking mass sackings from our FD if hindsight suggests that we made a poor call on Thursday evening.

Edited by Deeoldfart
  • Like 1

I don't know either......Toumpas appears similar to Scully(who will be a good player)...small reasonablly quick outside player

where as Wines appears more like a Dustin Martin type....bull at a gate gets his own footy probablly not as quick as Toumpas but will get more possessions......

• Like 1

I will be happy with either..

However over the past weeks I had become fond of the prospect of having Viney and Wines debuting in a red and blue jumper.. This was until the articles began to surface about Toumpas falling out of favour with GWS(which I find extremely hard to believe)

From what I've seen/read on Toumpas, I would be rather suprised if we picked Wines over him, even though I would be forever wondering what could of been. Toumpas surely is the better pick if both are available.

I have good info that Wines told Neeld in his interview that he rates himself as the 5th best player in the draft. Grundy being one of the 4 Wines rated better..

Neeld replied by stating that we didn't need a ruckman..

My view is, if both are available, we would take Toumpas.. But I'd say this won't happen.. And Wines will be wearing the number 3 jumer for the Mighty Demons 2013...

When my Brother attended a meet and greet session with Neeld, Craig, etc. halfway through the season one of the areas Neeld constantly referred to was our lack of pace in the midfield. And that there was nothing we could do about it until the end of the year.

I can't imagine that if the class of Toumpas was available the club would overlook him. In fact, I'm virtually certain they wouldn't.

• Like 1

Let Neeld decide who he wants and pick him.....in 5 years time we can judge whether it was the right call or not

I am certain that many here won't take nearly that long - how about round 4, 2103?