What are the Demons lacking

S.R.J

Hi guys,

What do u think the demons are lacking.....I know a lot might say we lack midfielders, but what about defence. Now rivers has gone are we lacking a key Backmen?

A-grade quality stars

We have plenty of portential stars, but until one or two really 'make it' and step up to be in the top % of players we'll always be lacking that something that all great sides have

• Like 6

We are lacking a Half Back Flank with good disposal who is quick and breaks lines in the mould of the Shaw brothers, Malcevski etc, thats what we wanted Ray for, in theory Davey, Blease or Strauss could do this, but they would have to seriously step it up.

We also need at least three quality mids. Apart from that we just need improvement from our spine and some of our younger guys to step up and we will be a lot better. Long term we will need to see how the new inclusions do and how some of our young guns come on to know where we are deficient. Structually we look at lot better this year though.

Edited by deejammin'
  • Like 1

We are lacking a super star, more run in the midfield and a Yarran-style runner out of the back.

I hear strong mail (from the bloke that told me would ahve taken viney at pick 3 and about the Gysberts trade to north before it was public domain) that the club think Rory Taggert will come on in 2013 and add depth to the mids with Viney and Wines (and yeah im talking like he is already ours).

The aim is to make this the hardest club to play - we got enough talls to out-tall North now.

• Like 3

2 outside midfielders with exceptional pace, who are alsostrong enough to commit the body when they need to. Isaac Smith - Hawthorn. Jetta - Swans. Thomas - Pies. Gaff - WCE.

Looking forward to Taggart in 2013

I want Toumpas but won't get him.

Actually I think this thread is a little late It has been obvious that that we have lacked just about everything over the past 5 or 6 years. Then Jim came along and cleaned up the financial mess. Now, whatever you may think of Bailey's efforts, Neeld may have cleaned up the footy side of things. (Well maybe?) So what are we lacking? I'm not certain. But we were lacking hope - of that that I am certain. Now I think there is hope. So let's wait and see. Maybe we are no longer lacking anything!

We have to look inward...and at Pick 4.

But we have to develop our own star midfielders.

We have bought ourselves a forward line and we seemingly always develop decent backmen but turning Grimes, Trengove, Blease, Viney, Howe and Wines into what they promise to be will be the challenge for the next few years.

• Like 1

Rory Sloane is a victorian... :) there is hope...

Nope. His dad was told by Prendergast that he would be taken with the pick that was used for Blease, his teammate. Rory was his captain. Strauss and Bennell were then chosen before him.

New house, new dogs, the darl has moved over. He is happy. his folks arent particularly but accept it. He was looking forward to the Demons at the time. Says he is a one club man.

We are lacking a Half Back Flank with good disposal who is quick and breaks lines in the mould of the Shaw brothers, Malcevski etc, thats what we wanted Ray for, in theory Davey, Blease or Strauss could do this, but they would have to seriously step it up.

I agree which is why I can't understand why we didn't go after Clinton Young. Sure he may have knocked us back but considering we went after everyone else would've been worth at least making a play for him.

Nope. His dad was told by Prendergast that he would be taken with the pick that was used for Blease, his teammate. Rory was his captain. Strauss and Bennell were then chosen before him.

New house, new dogs, the darl has moved over. He is happy. his folks arent particularly but accept it. He was looking forward to the Demons at the time. Says he is a one club man.

Please don't tell me these kinds of things....

• Like 1

We're lacking heart, desire and grunt AS A TEAM. We're don't die for each other on the field...YET.

I do believe we're on our way to achieving this though.

i think the first sod of earth has just been turned in that direction.

There is a Loooong Way to go yet. Were starting from a long way back.

Brains. We took the easy route with Bailey, the way we went about our footy became embedded in the culture. Too much "we'll be good in 3 years so we may as well do hardly anything now"

And that attitude has set us back at least 4 years.

the Easy root started with your name sake.

Soft possessions were the order of Neales day.