First Delistings Announced

titan_uranus

Bartram has desire yes, but it is completely cancelled out by his talent level

Bartram at his best is underrated in my books, he rarely gets beaten one on one and while his disposal can be suspect at times it's serviceable enough. The problem for me is whether he will get back to a good enough fitness to be good enough, his speed and agility (in the past) has been an important part of his game, and with his degenerative knee issues and can't see him getting that back.

For me we are keeping him around as an almost playing coach, and because he is such a highly regarded clubman. He'll be good for the kids (especially the ones that don't know how hard some have to work to get up there) and if we could somehow bottle up his guts and determination it would make some players on the list much better.

Amazing list turn over. Correct me if I'm wrong but 13 players out and so far 6 in, I could be wrong but I wouldn't think Hulk Hogan is included on the list. So we've still got seven more to bring in, although I think we're upgrading a couple of rookies.

It's a brave new world.

• Like 1

Dees Dayz delisted after 52 years and a 12 month suspension.

Hi guys, I’m back after being suspended from this forum for 12 months.

I was suspended for disagreeing with a potential Mick Malthouse signing for 2012 as coach, which was generally supported by the lexicons of this forum.

I was further ostricised by comments I made that one could not disagree with any Rhino Richards comments who seems to be epitome of the culture of this forum ( a moderator) and perhaps the MFC.

All of that is fine!

I have been a MFC supporter since 1960 when I was 7yo. I was a gold member of MFC to 2011.

When I was tossed out of Demonland, I discussed with my wife and family what we thought the culture of MFC was, and further, how MFC relates to regional people who are not MCC members etc.

I declined membership of MFC this year while I decided exactly why I have supported the MFC for 52 years.

I will be signing up with the Richmond Football club as a member in 2013.

Obviously I won’t be returning to this forum. My children and grandkids can decide who they wish to follow for themselves

No idea why you put this in here, completely irrelevant (unless you disagree that much with the delistings).

Anyway enjoy being a Tiger feral.

• Like 1

I don't know why you have bothered then.

Your bitterness toward an anonymous mod is understandable, however if it's shaping life decisions then maybe you need more introspection...

I am a Demon and couldn't imagine not being one.

Culture is not easy to change but it's easy to quit.

We are striving as you are leaving.

I hope the Tigers enjoy your faux support.

If true - good riddance.

When I was tossed out of Demonland, I discussed with my wife and family what we thought the culture of MFC was, and further, how MFC relates to regional people whom are not MCC members etc.

I declined membership of MFC this year while I decided exactly why I have supported the MFC for 52 years.

Not sure what the rest of the post had to say - as the same story could be offered by many on this forum stemming from a range of differing backgrounds.

This section was the only part of your post where you could have elaborated on the reason for your disillusion and withdrawal from the club - not sure why you wouldn't do so given that you'd spent the time to come onto the forum to declare your intentions.

Being banned from a forum has zero to do with ones' support from a club. I'm not sure why you think supporting Richmond would be better in that sense - or what benefit you think getting away with said banning would have from being a Richmond fan.

If you wish to desert the Melbourne Football Club, don't come on here and act like it is someone else's fault - it is your decision and your decision alone. We'd be stronger for you to stay the course but if you choose to leave, ultimately, it's entirely up to you. Don't act like the "blood" is on 'Land users' hands.

• Like 4

Out:

Brad Green, Jared Rivers, Brent Moloney, Matthew Bate, Ricky Petterd, Jamie Bennell, Liam Jurrah, Lucas Cook, Cale Morton, Stef Martin, Jordan Gysberts. (Jai Sheahan, Leigh Williams and Kelvin Lawrence)

In:

Chris Dawes, Cam Pedersen, Dom Barry, Shannon Byrnes, David Rodan, Jack Viney, pick 4, pick 49, pick 53, pick 70, pick 73. (Jesse Hogan).

My count at this stage is we have 5 live picks in the draft. We're likely to use one to upgrade Nicholson, and we may save one for the pre season draft. Draft day won't be so boring it would seem.

when you look at that the outs compared to to the ins it is hard to see us improve drastically on last year and beat more then three established sides. All the older recruits have massive question marks. Dawes is slow and has come of a dreadful season. Pederson couldn't get a game ahead of Robbie Tarrant....... Shannon Byrnes is getting on and will be interesting to see how he goes in a team without stars. And David Rodan got delisted from Port Adelaide. To expect anything drastic from first year players is unlikely. I honestly can't see the so called "clear sky ahead." Hopefully the club improves but gee whiz Neeld isn't mucking around. Am I the only one slightly worried about the future of our club? The list hasn't improved one bit, in fact gotten worse. I started this post trying not to be too negative (stuff it). Schwab is a cancer of the club (off topic but the rant will go on). For him to have a relationship with a senior coach that was so diabolical that they couldn't be in the same room together is unforgivable. There is something majorly wrong at Melbourne. I heard from a reliable source that a GWS player who is being chased by a few Victorian clubs received an offer from Melbourne in which his manager laughed at saying "it's the worst running sporting club in Australia." It makes sense. When you agree to sack the CEO, then in the same week give him an extension, the word professional should be immediately removed. It's amateur hour at the MFC and this trade week has done nothing to change my opinion. Did we not get screwed over in one trade?

This is my prediction. or Guess you could call it.

still to come...

3 more delisted..(from jetta bail dunn and J.Mac)

delisted player free agenty: 2 players in from Jacobs, banner. Surjan, ????.

National Draft: pick 4(Wines), 49, 53, 70(magner upgrade), 73(nicholson upgrade), 74(Couch upgrade?)

Preseason Draft: pick 3(Toy?), our next pick PSD,

Rookie Draft: 1-4 players in (depending on how many more delisted)

14-17 players out and 14-17 in. we wont know ourselves next year. but think we are on a good path(oh the eternal optimism of the demon supporter)

anyone know draft order for PSD and rookie drafts?

Sorry to see you leave, & sorry you've become twisted by the attiudes. But I do understand how you feel.

Good luck with the Tiges, my first, '2nd club', back in the 70's when Royce heart was tearing it up.

I dont understand what you talk of.

Are you sellling your heart on a trestle table at Vic market or do you wish to keep breathing?

Bate will find another club. Bit disappointed to see him go but Neeld knows what he is doing.

Just like he knew what he was doing last season when he declined to trade him for a 2nd round pick because he could see him playing in the midfield ? Im far from convinced Neeld knows what he is doing.

I was suspended for disagreeing with a potential Mick Malthouse signing for 2012 as coach, which was generally supported by the lexicons of this forum.

I was further ostricised by comments I made that one could not disagree with any Rhino Richards comments who seems to be epitome of the culture of this forum ( a moderator) and perhaps the MFC.

All of that is fine!

I have been a MFC supporter since 1960 when I was 7yo. I was a gold member of MFC to 2011.

When I was tossed out of Demonland, I discussed with my wife and family what we thought the culture of MFC was, and further, how MFC relates to regional people who are not MCC members etc.

Obviously I won’t be returning to this forum. My children and grandkids can decide who they wish to follow for themselves

No worries Dayz, we all have our tipping points, although yours seem mindbogglingly shallow on the surface. Btw, 12 months ban ? Wowee.

But do me a favour, change your name to Tiger Dayz and hang around. It will be fun slagging off a Richmond supporter in 2013.

• Like 3

Guys we have not even been competitive for 18 months.

Our list was poor as the results of 2012 show.

I cannot find one delisted / traded Player that I object to losing.

Massive change to the list has been made.

More I must admit than I expected.

But the players that have been flung were not AFL standard.

Drastic situations need drastic remedys.

Who knows if we will be better or not in 2013

But I for one have the feeling the players who take the field in 2013 will want to be there.

That must be an improvment

Im defintely with you OD Thay all had to go mybe afew more to go yet

Cant believe Jetta still there Neeld must have a role for him

It think Tex has a point.

The Club should come out with a statement with a reason why each of these players were delisted.

Something like;

Petterd - Delisted due to commitment levels not meeting club standards.

Bennell - Delisted due to a weakness in his ability to get into the play and win contested football.

Bate - Delisted due to an inability to secure a position within our best 22 after 8 years of service.

and so on.

Many supporters follow players, and these supporters should be given a reason why the club choose not to re-contract players.

I believe it could be done in a tactful way.

Haha, yeah, that's not gonna happen.

All of that is fine!

Rhino Richards strikes again!

Davis kept - I know he has a red hot go, but he hasn't managed to crack it for a single senior game in two years when half of our list was out injured and we were playing some of the worst football in living memory. Obviously his aggression and workrate appeals and he may have a chance to push for selection with Rivers gone.

He lost the first pre-season and the first half-year with a thyroid condition. Unlike many of the previous draft picks, he has bulked up considerably, and is now one big unit. If you had watched the Casey games, you would be completely mystified as to how he could not crack it for a game at Melbourne.

Not trying to be mean but seriously Bartram is not up to league standard his kicking has always been woeful and he has never ever been able to lock down on a small forward who normally kicked 2 or 3 on him plus the extra goals scored by his crap kicking.

Bartram has desire yes, but it is completely cancelled out by his talent level

Go to 22 seconds in.

[media=]

• Like 1

All of that is fine!

The following forum user will not be offered a playing contract in 2013: Dees Dayz.

Everyone at Demonland wishes him all the best for their future endeavours.

Jokes aside. Tis a shame. Your ego obviously has been dented. Seeing as though you've been around since 1953/52, and with 30 years more experience and wisdom in life than I have, there probably isn't much I can say that you don't already know.

Some Inspirational Quotes for you:

It's not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get back up - Vince Lombardi.

Here's a harden the F*$% up quote I often tell myself.

HARDEN THE F%$^ UP! - Demon-4-Life

However, should you feel the need to alter the club you have supported for your entire life, that have offered you pleasure, pain, frustration, happiness, joy, due to an anonymous person, who you have never met, who you will never meet, who you don't know denting your ego...so be it.

PS: Did I mention: HARDEN THE F%$^ UP?

• Like 3

All of that is fine!

Wow.Who gives a F#$k about what Rhino says anyway.

This guy is in emotional turmoil.

RR .You Bastard

when you look at that the outs compared to to the ins it is hard to see us improve drastically on last year and beat more then three established sides. All the older recruits have massive question marks. Dawes is slow and has come of a dreadful season. Pederson couldn't get a game ahead of Robbie Tarrant....... Shannon Byrnes is getting on and will be interesting to see how he goes in a team without stars. And David Rodan got delisted from Port Adelaide. To expect anything drastic from first year players is unlikely.

Gotta disagree with you SD - Dawes was playing CHF for one of the Powerhouse clubs, he was wanted by several other clubs, even playing poorly he was a better option than anyone else we had playing CHF, i.e. Bate, Pettard or Dunn. If he plays only CHF he will be a better player. Picking up a mature key position player with pick 20 (especially given previous year picks) was a great deal. Lots of footy in front of Dawes. I doubt we could have got as good a CHF from the draft for pick 20 and without a strong CHF we look week in attack.

Pederson could not get into the game for lots of reasons, his form in the VFL was better than most of our guys running around in the VFL trying to get into our team, so I have no doubts he would have walked into our team if he played for Casey. He was unlucky that North had a few others in the same mold as him ahead of him in his coaches eyes, does not make him a poor player. a lot of clubs have had good and great players waiting in the wings, I remembers a guy for Melbourne called Jolly who could not get much of a crack at rucking until he got traded, hear his played quite a bit of finals football since leaving.

Shannon Byrnes - the guys is competing with some of the best crumbing forwards in the league for a spot and when he gets a chance he shows what he can do as good a job as they do. Melbourne had lots of chances to get the ball into their 50 even in this past dismal year, but did not have the marking or crumbing players to do anything with it. Playing ever week he would be a great asset to our scoring power.

Rodan, looked like a couple of clubs were interested in him, he is not over the hill he has a powerful long kick, he is fast evasive and a good pickup. Playing him in the forward line as a crumbing forward would probably improve his longevity and give us greater muscle and scoring power again.

New recruits not delivering much this year, Really do you expect Viney and Wines will not add any additional grunt to our midfield....

We should have Clarke back next year so again increase in scoring power, we have a goal to goal line of strong players who have a offensive and defensive game, plus we still have a couple more picks and may get another mature or decent players via the PSD, 3rd pick should get us something tasty.

The other plus is that several of the players we got rid of would have been in our starting 22 next year, they were not AFL level they were not setting the world on fire and were of no interest to clubs in the trading period, either because they were not good enough or because they figured no one else is interested in them so they will try to pick up our rejects from the PSD. I wounder what Barrett and Co will say about clubs that pick up Melbourne Rejects? Getting rid of players who dont show the right stuff will have a positive effect on these players attitudes at long last. We have breed a culture of paying average players higher wages and front loading player contracts to use our salary cap. These guys measure themselves by players in other teams getting paid the same or less and think they are better than they are, this has led in my mind to lazyness and people like Brett Baloney who think they are worth a lot more than they are.

I like all here are looking forward to a Melbourne side next year playing decent football, putting pressure on players forcing mistakes and turnovers and having the team to capitalize on mistakes, we wont be a top 8 side but we would have begun the journey and we will be playing football that most supporters will be proud of.

• Like 2