FAREWELL JORDAN GYSBERTS

mdemonski2

Bring out your trash, good money for scrap we pay the best prices in town.

I'm going to have a calming tablet, if I can find one, then tell myself that this is all just a load of crap and that our football department are really not that stupid and will pull the recruiting coup of the decade out at the last minute.

Rodan and Prismall bwa hahaha

Bex....Bex is better...take a bex and lay down mate !! Itll all be over in a couple of days . Now rest......
  • Like 1

Prismall and a useless pick is just someones idea of having a lend of us.

• Like 3

Rumour going around that Gysberts to essendon Prismall and a 4th round pick to Melbourne.

Would be disgusted if there was any truth to this. Prismall is a list clogger

No to the Bombers deal, yes to 24 for Stef and Gys. It would kind of sting as I've like both of them (Gys in particular) but the FD seems keen on moving both of them on. But I would be extremely [censored] if we ontraded that for Pedo.

Much as I like Gys I do have to wonder the likelyhood of him getting into our team, especially with Viney and whoever we take with pick 4 coming in.

I don't think Gysberts will go anywhere now that the Cats have lost interest. Unless MFC are offered a late first round or early 2nd round pick and most clubs will consider that too much to pay. Also the list are going to be tight for space in every club as always.

• Like 1

On the upside, if we do keep Jordan, the process and scrutiny he's undergone during this period and the rumoured* low offers for his services should provide a rocket of motivation come pre-season.

Maybe* the FD is actually giving Gys a month long reality check?

*indicates speculation on my behalf and is based on the information I have gleaned from the internet, Stuie.

• Like 5

It looks a good deal but this one will bite. Gysberts will be a star.

This kind of throw away line always gets me

If he will be a star, no questions asked, the FD wouldn't look at

a.) moving him on and

b.) moving him on at what appears to be for bargain basement prices

Surely the FD would have a better idea about a players potential star qualities than we would?

This kind of throw away line always gets me

If he will be a star, no questions asked, the FD wouldn't look at

a.) moving him on and

b.) moving him on at what appears to be for bargain basement prices

Surely the FD would have a better idea about a players potential star qualities than we would?

I agree viney12

But remember a previous FD picked Cook at 12

• Like 2

The rumours continue. Now said that he has done medicals at Cats and Blues and that Dons and Lions also interested.

It's both good and bad.

The bad is that 4 FD think he is an AFL quality player.

The good is if there really are 4 bidding for his services we will get a better deal.

Of course, it might all be bunkum.

• Like 1

It's both good and bad.

The good is if there really are 4 bidding for his services we will get a better deal.

Must have been a busy boy in the last couple of weeks Fan

And yes you are probably correct

It's both good and bad.

I'd go with bunkum.

Not wanting to pot Gysberts but if the Cats really rated him they could have had him for a reasonable pick/swap. Instead they went for Caddy - a young midfield player in many ways similar in style and build to Gysberts who despite playing most of last season could only come 17th in a lowly clubs b&f.

They were prepared to pay a pretty big price for Caddy (too big a price IMO) and could have got Gysberts for possibly a late second round pick. To me their choice to focus on Caddy says a bit about how Gysberts is rated externally.

• Like 2

What's worse? A talented Demon playing the odd game during an unlucky and injury interrupted year who gets turned on by his own teams supporters and has all kinds of BS rumours spread about his attitude by some wanna be Hutchy's who always seem to have an "anonymous" source who is "involved at the club".

What a load of rubbish. This is a good test for Neeld, can he actually coach a player into form and confidence or does he simply ship out anyone that's too much work for him?

It seems stuie that your doing the same thing to the supporters, that your blaming some supporters for doing to Gys.

When the supporters are criticing Gys's work performance, as they may do criticising a politician.

You see, it's not personal, it's judging someones work ethic. Not the person.

And footballers aren't above other humans.

• Like 2

Cause they've never let us down in the past..?

If their judgement is never to be questioned then why have a place like Demonland at all? We can just obligingly bow to their every decision.

I realise it's a bold statement to assert that Gys will be a star, but I'm still making it. I'll be sorry if he is traded at this stage. I'd like to see him go another year after a full pre-season. I also think f we can't get the best out of someone of his proven ability then that's cause for some concern. There is some sort of onus on the coaching staff here. It can't all be heaped on the player.

Cause they've never let us down in the past..?

If their judgement is never to be questioned then why have a place like Demonland at all? We can just obligingly bow to their every decision.

I realise it's a bold statement to assert that Gys will be a star, but I'm still making it. I'll be sorry if he is traded at this stage. I'd like to see him go another year after a full pre-season. I also think f we can't get the best out of someone of his proven ability then that's cause for some concern. There is some sort of onus on the coaching staff here. It can't all be heaped on the player.

No, I'm not saying they shouldn't be questioned. But PREVIOUS FDs have let us down. The CURRENT FD hasn't had enough time to do so yet.

I'm more saying it, because lately, every single time a player gets mooted as being traded

"he'll be a dead set star there" "he'll dominate there" etc etc

I've just heard it SO often lately

So many people seem sure that our ex players will be stars elsewhere

Trust in the current FD to weed out excess baggage

They've done a good job so far

EDIT: also,on your last point. Ego and attitude have killed many a "potential stars" career - sometimes it is just attitude

Edited by Viney12

So much linked to Gysberts with nothing solid coming through, he wont go. Time to buy some protein and get massive Gysberts

The Demonland rulebook page one, all out of favour, out of form and injured players should "Bulk Up" to ensure instant form reversal.

The Demonland rulebook page one, all out of favour, out of form and injured players should "Bulk Up" to ensure instant form reversal.

I think that's taken from "The Weapon." Isn't that what he tried to do with the bombers?

I find it interesting that everyone wants Gys to bulk up when this is no what the coaches are wanting him to work on. All year we've been hearing them say that he needs to work on his outside running and spread from the contest to go with his ability to extract. That would imply that they don't regard his strength as an issue.

• Like 1