Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

FAREWELL JORDAN GYSBERTS

mdemonski2

First rounder with 3 yrs development and averages over 20 disposals. MFC better play hardball on this.

I find you one of the more consistently non-sensical posters I've come across. No mean feat.

We clearly want Pedersen and just as clearly we currently don't rate Gysberts, who managed the grand total of one game in the AFL this year, while managing 14 games for Casey. Yet you want us to play "hardball" ?

Gysberts original first round selection is no longer relevant. What is relevant is his form. And his form reads, "Slow inside mid who runs out of breath crossing the road. Makes good decisions and can accumulate, but average to poor disposal and makes Cale Morton look like Arnie. The penny may drop and there's potential upside. Former first round draft pick, who was a surprise selection at the time. Current draft value 40-55 range." That's what the bio might/should say. It won't say what you'd like it to say, it just deals in facts.

But by all means feel personally aggrieved.

• Like 5

Jordan Gysberts is IS a tremendous young fellow who can PLAY!

He has been a victim of more than his fair share of bad luck through injury!

I do not like the notion that we trade a good kid who through no fault of his own has not managed to get games on the park

Who can forget his first few games in the Red & Blue???

If we are to trade this fellow for Pederson Cheeeezus we better be right about this!

What are we doing trading a player who will play 150 PLUS GAMES

Oh I forgot .... Its the quick fix .... we picked up David Rodan

Hey Neeldy , not starting to feel some heat to perform on the quick FIx?

Edited by picket fence

We don't NEED Pederson. He will be a stop-gap player when a big body like Clark, Dawes, Sellar or Frawley are injured.

Gysberts should be kept. He has a lot of untapped potential, but he must get fitter and bigger.

• Like 3

My source I cannot name but lets just say he has regular contact with insiders at the club and he was 100% right on Viney and a few other things. I have no reason to doubt him lets put it that way.

Around the traps ive heard (not from this source) that he wants out and was disgrunted by how Moloney was treated. read that on here and on bigfooty so not sure how accurate that is.

Anyway I then heard it from an sms from a mate, then on the age website and then on facebook trade pages so must be something to it.

I rate Pederson but we dont want to get too tall heavy do we?

Jordan Gysberts is IS a tremendous young fellow who can PLAY!

He has been a victim of more than his fair share of bad luck through injury!

I do not like the notion that we trade a good kid who through no fault of his own has not managed to get games on the park

Who can forget his first few games in the Red & Blue???

If we are to trade this fellow for Pederson Cheeeezus we better be right about this!

What are we doing trading a player who will play 150 PLUS GAMES

Oh I forgot .... Its the quick fix .... we picked up David Rodan

Hey Neeldy , not starting to feel some heat to perform on the quick FIx?

While I am not totally sold on the Rodan inclusion I'm not exactly sure what it has to do with a potential trade to gain Gysberts for Pedersen. Secondly what did we lose for Rodan, pick 88? Which we weren't going to use, ouch! its something for nothing, think of him as being the extra player we gain through the updated Veterans list. Hardly a quick fix, more of a calculated risk.

• Like 1

My source I cannot name but lets just say he has regular contact with insiders at the club and he was 100% right on Viney and a few other things. I have no reason to doubt him lets put it that way.

Around the traps ive heard (not from this source) that he wants out and was disgrunted by how Moloney was treated. read that on here and on bigfooty so not sure how accurate that is.

Anyway I then heard it from an sms from a mate, then on the age website and then on facebook trade pages so must be something to it.

Ohhhhhhh........In that case, the rumour is watertight and the deal is done. Please, do go on.

Gysberts for pick 38 and Pedersen then on trade pick 38 for Ben Jacobs. I rate Ben Jacobs higher then Gysberts and we get Pedersen who we have wanted all traded period.

Given that north has failed to land Jacobs with pick 38 (port want 15, probably dreaming but nevertheless), we'd have to throw something else into the bargain

Gys is a bit superfluous to our needs with the recent recruits and draftees to come in this year also, much in the same way that Pedersen is superfluous to norths needs for tall(ish) forwards. Win-win IMO

It's time we moved on from the potential of kids and started trying something else. For those of you who keep rabbiting on about Gysberts potential feel free to leave your cell phone numbers here and in 2 years when he is our new Cale 'The Rake' Morton I'll call you and scream down the line.

This is a deal that's about a continuing culture change. It's about time we did something.

• Like 1

To all those lamenting the potential loss of Gys who does he keep out of our midfield group?

Jones, Trengove, Grimes, Viney, Pick 4, Sylvia, Mckensie, Blease, Taggert, Howe, Byrnes(rotation), Davey (potential rotation), Morton, Strauss, Jetta

Here is my best 22 for next year: (given our current list)

FB- Nicholson - Frawley - Garland

HB- Watts - T McDonald- Ray(if we get him) or J Macdonald

C- Blease - Jones - Sylvia

HF- Howe - Dawes - Tapscott

FF- Martin - Clark - Byrnes

FOL- Jamar - Trengove - Grimes

int- Viney - Wines - Mckensie - Davey or Dunn

With the addition of Taggert, Bail, Rodan, Magner, Tynan, Strauss, Barry, Morton, Jetta and Petterd and Potentially Ray all pushing their case for selection which of all of these players will Gys keep out/be ahead of?

Edit: Forgot Jetta and Petterd

Edited by deejammin'
  • Like 4

It's time we moved on from the potential of kids and started trying something else. For those of you who keep rabbiting on about Gysberts potential feel free to leave your cell phone numbers here and in 2 years when he is our new Cale 'The Rake' Morton I'll call you and scream down the line.

This is a deal that's about a continuing culture change. It's about time we did something.

Well ... Trenners had a great year then didn't he!?

Edited by picket fence

heard this on the wires, then on the Age and on facebook - and from the same source that told me we would take Viney at pick 3 if we had to:

http://www.theage.co...1025-287bm.html

Gys to North for a pick and Pederson.

Thanks for sharing Norm Smith's Curse,

If this eventuates, I hope it is Gysberts + Pick 49 (with or without) FOR Pick 15 + Pedersen, that seems like a fair trade to me.

I certainly hope it's not Gysberts FOR Pedersen + Pick 38 or 39.

Saying all this, I rate Gysberts and I also want Pedersen. Furthermore, would we be able to land Stringer at 15... I bloody hope so! Although it wouldn't surprise me if he went as early as pick 5 or 6 (the other being Wines or O'Rourke) by the Dogs as he has trained there, it's said they were very impressed with him and they missed out on Hogan (screaming for a ready to go forward target).

To all those lamenting the potential loss of Gys who does he keep out of our midfield group?

Jones, Trengove, Grimes, Viney, Pick 4, Sylvia, Mckensie, Blease, Taggert, Howe, Byrnes(rotation), Davey (potential rotation), Morton, Strauss

Here is my best 22 for next year: (given our current list)

FB- Nicholson - Frawley - Garland

HB- Watts - T McDonald- Ray(if we get him) or J Macdonald

C- Blease - Jones - Sylvia

HF- Howe - Dawes - Tapscott

FF- Martin - Clark - Byrnes

FOL- Jamar - Trengove - Grimes

int- Viney - Wines - Mckensie - Davey or Dunn

With the addition of Taggert, Bail, Rodan, Magner, Tynan, Strauss, Barry, Morton and Potentially Ray all pushing their case for selection which of all of these players will Gys keep out/be ahead of?

and where does Pederson fit in?
  • Like 2

Thanks for sharing Norm Smith's Curse,

If this eventuates, I hope it is Gysberts + Pick 49 (with or without) FOR Pick 15 + Pedersen, that seems like a fair trade to me.

I certainly hope it's not Gysberts FOR Pedersen + Pick 38 or 39.

Saying all this, I rate Gysberts and I also want Pedersen. Furthermore, would we be able to land Stringer at 15... I bloody hope so! Although it wouldn't surprise me if he went as early as pick 5 or 6 (the other being Wines or O'Rourke) by the Dogs as he has trained there, it's said they were very impressed with him and they missed out on Hogan (screaming for a ready to go forward target).

Good luck getting pick 15

• Like 5

Trenners year was a million times better than Gysberts, and you still want him on our list.

He would replace Martin in the Fwd pocket rotating through the ruck.

Yeah well that happens when your Captain plays more than an injured teammate!!

Happy with Trenners year were you??

Trenners year was a million times better than Gysberts, and you still want him on our list.

He would replace Martin in the Fwd pocket rotating through the ruck.

I could just see Pederson at 193cm against Sandilands, NikNat, Cox, Kruezer, Maric, Jacobs, Mumford etc etc.

• Like 3

You are gasin, Dunne,J Mac,Martin ( Who cannot play forward) That'll do for a start!

1. Dunn, J Mac and Martin all play completely different positions to Gysberts, there is no way he could replace them.

2. You will need to get him in front of all the players listed here: Jones, Blease, Sylvia, Trengove, Grimes, Viney, Howe, Pick 4, Mckensie, for him to crack his actual position (midfield not ruck or HBF!)

Edited by deejammin'

Yeah well that happens when your Captain plays more than an injured teammate!!

Happy with Trenners year were you??

Not entirely, but he was a hell of a lot better than Gysberts, and for the record Gys played 16 games this year, 15 in the VFL, 1 in the AFL. That is hardly injured "all year"

Edited by deejammin'

Of that group only one (Jones) has a proven ability to get the ball in heavy traffic in contested situations. And much as I love Jonesy, while he gets it, he ain't too flash at getting it out to someone. You'd hope Grimes & Trengove can become inside ball winners. Maybe Viney & Pick 4. At the moment though, we need someone who can get it out of traffic, especially while out first ruck taps the ball to his bootlaces That's Gysberts main claim to fame. That's why I'd be hesitant to readily dismiss him