Herald Sun reports Gysberts to be shown the door...Neeld has gone mad!!!

Tex

If this is true, then this is the last straw for me.

I cannot express my anger enough with the MFC and Mark Neeld.

I am doing my utmost to write this without swearing and abusing the above mentioned.

As if coming 16th was bad enough after we were predicted to be pushing for finals at the start of the season.

Then losing Jurrah for nothing. Really well managed there boys.

Neeld completely stuffed Moloney's year up by trying to change his game plan to being more defensive. Moloney who at 28 years old and in his absolute prime and our reigning B & F winner. Where did that get Moloney and our club??? 16th and see ya later.

Petterd... gone backwards under Neeld, who was on the verge of super stardom in my opinion.

Bennell gone backwards.

Trengove and Grimes named co-captains. Give me a break. Another terrible, terrible decision. Trengove gone backwards.

There's a theme here.

As for his pathetic game plan of hugging the boundary and kicking it into the pockets, well that really worked didn't it!!!

16th.

How about kick it to the most dangerous spot in-between FF and CHF.

Under Neelds guidance and fitness philosophy he demanded during last pres-season that players needed to build their aerobic capacity at the expense of everything else.

All we heard about was that they were running running running.

Well none of them put any bloody weight on.

Morton is still a stick.

Watts lost weight.

Cook has not developed one iota and has ended up in the VFL reserves and now both parties want out. Awesome. Well done. Another first round pick stuffed up. Jack Darling says hi.

The team has gone completely backwards under Neeld. Our game plan was pathetic.

And now I read that he wants to get rid of Gysberts.

Why? Seriously?

Is he trying to ruin our club? Gysberts is a ball magnet. He was a gun in his first few games before injury.

Gysberts needs to develop his body, just as Watts, Bennell, Cook, Morton and all our other stick figures.

How the hell are they supposed to under Neelds fanatical aerobic regime of runnning running running.

This is non-conducive to developing bodies and putting on weight.

I want Neeld out before he ruins our club anymore.

I want Gysberts to stay a Demon.

On draft day I desperately wanted Tahlia, but that moron picked Gysberts.

I haven' changed my mind on the pick, but i have conceded Gysberts was a decent pick and has massive upside once he develops a mature body.

So on the day Tahlia wins the Rising Star award I read Neeld wants Gysberts out.

I will not accept this under any circumstances. From my understanding Gysberts has been struggling all year with injury.

He thrives and excels in the Demons team. He is one that steps up easily in the highest level.

Was he given an opportunity this year by Neeld? No!!!

I will absolute spew if Gysberts is sacked or traded. There is no way we will get what he is worth.

Neeld has rocks in his head.

There is no way we should be sacking two of our lowly draft picks without developing them properly. He has no idea what he is doing.

What a pathetic year.

16th.

And we added Mitch Clarke to our team.

We went backwards enormously.

Wake up people. Stop accepting this [censored] spin.

He is absoluelty ruining this club and I want him out. I want Neeld sacked now.

• Like 2

I'm with ya Tex!

Couldn't have been a worse start under Neeld. Expectations slid further down all year. No upside save that we played a bit harder towards the end of the year. Still an uncompetitive rabble though with players out of position, not in the team, walking out, out of favour etc.

I must say that whatever he is doing, he is not doing it in a half assed manner. If he manages to survive long enough something may emerge eventually. But offloading mature talent and fledgling high draft picks means more youngsters and more 'going-backwards-to-go-forward' for another half to one season at least. Can he survive an even worse season while new talent takes shape?

I think you've come up with something really novel there Tex.

Instead of being his own man and attempting to mould a dysfunctional team with a list which failed to cut it against the leading teams in the competition, Neeld should revert to the methods of coaches and football philosophies that got us into this mess in the first place.

If the football department holds the view that a particular player doesn't fit in with the style of play the coach is adopting, if he doesn't play or train hard enough, if he's lost interest or if he's just no good, let's keep him on the list for a decade or so and something might just happen!

• Like 9

I think you've come up with something really novel there Tex.

Instead of being his own man and attempting to mould a dysfunctional team with a list which failed to cut it against the leading teams in the competition, Neeld should revert to the methods of coaches and football philosophies that got us into this mess in the first place.

If the football department holds the view that a particular player doesn't fit in with the style of play the coach is adopting, if he doesn't play or train hard enough, if he's lost interest or if he's just no good, let's keep him on the list for a decade or so and something might just happen!

Couldnt agree more. Doing nothing or making excuses or hoping is no longer an option M N has been given a task and he is doing itIt wont be easy but it is the only way forward

I got lost when Tex called the recruiter a moron for picking Gysbert and then I re-read the title and this all became clear. :wacko:

MFC (under the new team management) will be active in recruiting and trading this year. They now have too many of the same type of midfielder (slow to medium pace, terrible disposal, panic under pressure, no muscle) that they need to adjust this. The three first round picks will enable MFC to do this, but what is the point of preserving with this midfield?

Whether Gysberts stays or goes I have no idea, but things must change.

Another thread on this? Come on fellas lets just relax.

Maybe Gysberts isnt up to the standard of AFL and Neeld has told him to [censored] off if he isnt going to put in the hard yards.

If players arent going to 'buy in' then ill be glad to see the back of them.

Neeld Forever

Neeld knows the reality of coaching at AFL level. It's not a fairytale.

If, after three years, he hasn't radically changed the culture and performance of this club, he's gone.

And he's not taking any chances with the list. He's imposing his style on it. If he gets it wrong, he knows what will happen - and it won't be you Tex who loses the gig.

Personally, I will be disappointed if Gysberts goes - but, then again, I trust Neeld's judgement on such players over my own.

If true, the real pity is in the blown opportunities - Gysberts over Talia, and Cook over Darling, are tragedies of almost Shakespearean proportions.

And it's bloody annoying too, given that most Demonlanders were calling for these selections to be made at the time, only for our expert recruiter (BP) to go completely left field and blow up each of these picks.

Clearly, our list is not as good as the media, and perhaps Tex, thinks it is/was. Don't blame Neeld for that - he's merely trying to fix it.

• Like 12

I believe it was mentioned in the cook article... About one line which says gysberts may be out as well... Hardly a firm statement. At one point in time Travis Boak may have been going to Geelong, or cloke may have been coming to Melbourne. That being said, we have very little insight into the players and the club other than what we see on game day. If Gysberts doesn't possess the attitude or work ethic to succeed under Neeld, it would be unfair to him and the club to keep him on the list playing at casey.

• Like 1

Nice one Tex

Double

spacing

really

gives

your

rant

more

emphasis

Oh, and can you provide a link for this? (Oh and Petterd on the verge of superstardom? Damn, he was getting a long bloody run up then!)

• Like 13

On draft day I desperately wanted Tahlia, but that moron picked Gysberts.

That moron as in Mark Neeld?

He wasn't at the club when Gysberts or Cook were drafted sorry to say Tex.

If Neeld doesn't think they're up to it and they're not willing to work hard then they'll be shown the door and although I'll be disapointed to loose Gysberts, cause I see a lot of upside, I'll fully support the coach in doing so.

• Like 1

I'm just glad we finally have a coach with the guts to make unusual moves. Following the beaten path will never produce results.

The only thing unusual about the moves is that it has been unusual for the MFC.

Petterd... gone backwards under Neeld, who was on the verge of super stardom in my opinion.

I stopped reading here.

Hey Tex.....how much had Peterd done even under the great DB since his "emerging game" v Collingwood. He had already gone a hell of a way backwards under Bailey.

Back to topic: none of us are privy to the conversations between Neeld and Gysberts, or others for that matter. MN has laid down strict KPIs and maybe he and Gys have agreed that he is unable or perhaps unwilling to meet them. If that is the case should he then just say, like presumably DB and ND before him, well don't worry, hang around anyway??

Do we have ny confirmation either from the club or Gys that they are parting ways anyway? Or is this more media and Internet speculation?