FAREWELL LIAM JURRAH

DemonDave

Jurrah was one guy that made the footy an interesting spectacle despite us being terrible.

....and now it is Jumping Jeremy. Time to move on.

you know,,,theres a reason they call it the too hard basket

• Like 1

Although we would have to keep paying him, I wouldn't be at all bothered if the club rookied him. PA won't move on him until the rookie draft, if then. Why would they waste a spot n the main list when there's no competition for him and they don't know if he'll be available? Then we'd still have his contract to on-trade next year.

I'm OK either Pre or rookie. It won't cost us much because if he refuses to play, he breaks his contract which we don't pay. We sack him & he's out of footy for a further 12 months.

If he wants to Ef us over, after all we've tried to do for him, & he doesn't want to look after us as well, then >.

This was always going to end in tears.

And to think of the resources poured into Jurrah; the FOOTBALL MANAGER FFS went to Alice Springs to hold his hand; endless leaves of absence; all paid for by the MFC. Hope he reads Stynes book some time, but doubt it. He owes big time.

We are not a welfare agency. I hope like hell this cures many on this board and elsewhere of the cargo cult mentality, the quick/one fix. Jurrah had freakish athletic ability but little else. No intensity, no dedication, no professionalism, no ability to train at the required level.

AND NO LOYALTY.

Every player puts their family 1st, just ask Clarke. That doesn't mean you stuff everyone else that looks out for you, or puts in for you.

Just BS. Good riddance.

• Like 8

you know what Red..theres ways and means of doing things..A right way and a wrong way.

which way do you think Liams gone about things ??

Well, while I am personally gutted that he is leaving, I don't want to pass judgment until it plays out to its conclusion. For all we know the manager has just shot his mouth off. LJ says to the club he isn't playing anywhere until after his trial. We are also told in the Age that he wants to live in Adelaide. What if he says to whoever wants him that he will only join them if they do a fair trade with us? On the other hand he might be happy to leave us with nothing and go in the draft? If he does the former that is reasonable. If he does the latter you can imagine what I will think.

PS. Like some others I also think there is more to this story.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1

And to think of the resources poured into Jurrah; the FOOTBALL MANAGER FFS went to Alice Springs to hold his hand; endless leaves of absence; all paid for by the MFC. Hope he reads Stynes book some time, but doubt it. He owes big time.

We are not a welfare agency. I hope like hell this cures many on this board and elsewhere of the cargo cult mentality, the quick/one fix. Jurrah had freakish athletic ability but little else. No intensity, no dedication, no professionalism, no ability to train at the required level.

AND NO LOYALTY.

Every player puts their family 1st, just ask Clarke. That doesn't mean you stuff everyone else that looks out for you, or puts in for you.

Just BS. Good riddance.

Mono - great minds think alike.

Dee-luded I don't believe it is about Principles.

There are laws he has done nothing wrong yet.

It is the AFL you have to be pragmatic

Forget vengeance

Just get the best from the situation.

No one at the MFC is going to waste a spot on the list to get even

It's being stubborn & standing ground to show we will, in future. I have no wish to maim him.

It is about standing behind a principle to show the footy world we will... Not just to hurt Liam.

But to force a real compensation if a player goes in a fashion designed to hurt us.

This isn't about a personal thing against Liam to me, so it isn't about Vengeance.

# A preseason or rookie pick is worth making a Statement.

In the end, if a club wants him, they can workout a deal.

• Like 1

AND NO LOYALTY.

Just BS. Good riddance.

Yep, in the shallow end of the *** pool. Thats for sure.

It's being stubborn & standing ground to show we will, in future. I have no wish to maim him.

It is about standing behind a principle to show the footy world we will... Not just to hurt Liam.

But to force a real compensation if a player goes in a fashion designed to hurt us.

This isn't about a personal thing against Liam to me, so it isn't about Vengeance.

# A preseason or rookie pick is worth making a Statement.

In the end, if a club wants him, they can workout a deal.

There is an old fashioned expression - "cutting off the nose to spite the face" which may be relevent here.

He has certainly shown no appreciation or gratitude for what the club has done for him, but I think that after a good night's sleep and one or two reality pills you may have second thoughts.

I'm OK either Pre or rookie. It won't cost us much because if he refuses to play, he breaks his contract which we don't pay. We sack him & he's out of footy for a further 12 months.

If he wants to Ef us over, after all we've tried to do for him, & he doesn't want to look after us as well, then >.

If we drafted him and he refused to play, he'd be out of all forms of the game for two years.

There is an old fashioned expression - "cutting off the nose to spite the face" which may be relevent here.

He has certainly shown no appreciation or gratitude for what the club has done for him, but I think that after a good night's sleep and one or two reality pills you may have second thoughts.

I think it's more important to show the footy world we will stand our ground, unless there is a Boak in the preseason draft, & if there is he won't make it to us anyway.

I hope he gets 20 years.

I honestly cannot recall ever seeing a post on these forums that has stooped so low. Unbelievable what some people will say just to be vindictive without taking even a moment to reflect on Liam's situation!!

• Like 4

I hope we abandon this foolish push in to Darwin, it will lead us nowhere.

Agreed, we have better things to spend our time on and not to mention the preparation and recovery time it takes. Focus on winning games of football.

• Like 1

re Davey

Maybe theres more validity in the off the cuff lambasting that you ridicule so quickly.

Davey does have a role as mentor of his 'brothers" Liam was one of the charges under his wing. So maybe there is a question to ask , how much might have Aaron known about Liam's inclination to go walkabout?

If he knew anything did he pass it on to the club ?

Whats wrong with asking these ?

it did and still does sound like a cheap shot at Davey and nothing you've added is anything other than speculation without any basis on facts, which is that Davey might have undermined the team, big call in my book to accuse someone of treason with no facts.

• Like 1

LJ GOOD LUCK AND GOODBYE , [censored] OFF AND THANKS FOR , NOTHING , FOOL , ! where is all the cash us fools put in for yuemdemu , suckers the lot of us , never again , never ! ps belt me im [censored] off !

• Like 1

What about all those unsold Air Jurrah tshirts??

If your quick you might be able to [censored] them of in Adelaide .......hahahaha ....... I was going to buy one for my son, who absolutely loves Jurrah.....

I'm shattered....how I'm going to break it to him, who knows..... When Scully left us, my son said 'at least we still have Jurrah'...... He moved on quick from Scully....... I don't think he's going to recover as quickly with this news....

I haven't got the heart to tell him the latest news, yet....... This is going to be a tough week, for the young Demon.......

Totally devastated, after all this club has put in and the emotional investment of the members in him over his journey this feels like he's throwing it all in our faces. I have no problem with wanting to leave, but this has been done in a completely wrong way.

Also if anyone thinks PA would put an article like that on their website, before Melbourne have commented and not be trying to get him on their list you're mental. Clearly they are making a play, PA had no reason to write anything....

• Like 2

Guest KingDingAling

From the club website now:

“The Club will continue to provide personal support for Liam."

WTF?

Thats good of the club, we are handling things the right way.

This situation could get nasty at the trade table - or through the PSD or even worse,

so I like that the club is doing all it can atm, plus we don't know all the details.

I think Port will have to make a trade for Jurrah, I can't see any other way they get him.

We are looking at a second rounder I'd of thought.