• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Payback

drdrake

Round 23 Fremantle V Melbourne, Fremantle need a big win to ensure Carlton don't make the 8. With the recent comments of a Carlton player and the recent poor history between us, I'm for Melbourne doing everything in its power to ensure Carlton doesn't make the 8. With Essendon and Carlton not playing finals and hopefully the Pies out in straight sets, this would make coming to work a little bit easier.

• Like 1

Round 23 Fremantle V Melbourne, Fremantle need a big win to ensure Carlton don't make the 8. With the recent comments of a Carlton player and the recent poor history between us, I'm for Melbourne doing everything in its power to ensure Carlton doesn't make the 8. With Essendon and Carlton not playing finals and hopefully the Pies out in straight sets, this would make coming to work a little bit easier.

Goes totally against the Neeld doctrine, and would set us back a season or more if it was even thunk we would tank or give our last game the heave-ho.

While I see what you are saying.

Best way to shove Brock's claims where they belong would be to win one or both of the last two games.

I'd love to see a fairwell victory to celebrate Brad's retirement this week against Adelaide, it would see us go up above the dogs on the ladder.

I want to see the club go out on a high, not get flogged in it's final game.

• Like 1

lol... like we have a choice whether we lose or not...

In regards to the comments made by the OP it sounds like he is advocating that we tank to spite McLean and Carlton, in reference to the comments that we tanked. :wacko:

We have a choice in terms of playing the best side and playing out the season hard, rather than just playing out the season.

I don't expect us to win against Freo over there, I don't think it's likely we will win against Adelaide, but they don't play the MCG that well, we have a good record against them at this ground, they lost on the road and travel again this week, and it's Greens last home game. There are several things that don't make this week a certainty for the crows (Tippett and his contract is another distraction)

I didn't expect Adelaide to lose to Brisbane last week did you?

Edited by Oucher
  • Like 1

Let me get this straight. You want to pay back Brock McLean for saying we intentionally lost games, and your plan for doing this is to intentionally lose a game? That'll show 'em!

Edited by Chook
  • Like 12

Irony at it's finest.

• Like 1

Let me get this straight. You want to pay back Brock McLean for saying we intentionally lost games, and your plan for doing this is to intentionally lose a game? That'll show 'em!

Not just lose the game, lose by 186 points, really kiss this year good bye.

IMO you are reading too much into it.

Very important for Melbourne to account ourselves well V Freo. Neeld's Melbourne will be out to win and I for one will give us a

You need to get back on the reality bus my friend. One of the sadder threads that I have read.

I'm up for a 32 goal loss as long as Pav kicks 20 goals, Michael Johnson takes 30 marks and also the margin would have been 52 goals if not for Howie and his 63 disposals and Grimes with his 42 tackles and Couch with a rising star nomination- he is too old but he will play so exceptionally well that they will give him a nomination anyway- (if we are going to be silly at least let ME benefit - aka my supercoach team)

Yes, let's destroy ourselves in an attempt to inconvenience others!

I would work a Kamikaze joke in here somewhere but I am tired.

Oh come on rpfc I need a little humour today.

Try harder

Finally, someone to say what guys who aren't thinking are thinking. Kudos.

Carlton would be in Boaks eyeline as a destination for his good self... If we keep them out of the 8, they will have a pick prior to our Mid 1st Rnd.

That pick could help get him to Us.

Leave them to they're own devices.

We need to focus on our own needs.

# If we don't get Boak,,, I'd rather he gets to the Dons over the Blues. The Blues are closer to being a Grand Finalist than the Dons, IMO.

Oh come on rpfc I need a little humour today.

Try harder

Ok.

I just think it is a little pointless this discussion.

Like the Flight Director for the Japanese Kamikaze Division of the Air Force once said "There's little point telling you guys the Lunch Specials for tomorrow is there?"

Edited by rpfc

Carlton would be in Boaks eyeline as a destination for his good self... If we keep them out of the 8, they will have a pick prior to our Mid 1st Rnd.

That pick could help get him to Us.

Leave them to they're own devices.

We need to focus on our own needs.

# If we don't get Boak,,, I'd rather he gets to the Dons over the Blues. The Blues are closer to being a Grand Finalist than the Dons, IMO.

Just out of interest, can someone confirm if "mid first round" is actually mid first round (ie between the pick that 9th and 10th places get) or is the delineation made based on finals vs non-finals (ie between the pick that 8th and 9th places get)??

Logic suggests the former, in which case the Blues can miss the finals and still get a pick after us. Perfect!

Also, in response to this^ post, Essendon will be forced to use their first pick on Daniher, so they won't be getting Boak with it.

Edited by Cheesecake

Further to my last post, the ideal situation for us is that the Blues and Dons finish 9th and 10th respectively. This would give us a mid-round pick after the Dons, but before the Blues.

As the Dons will take Daniher, our pick effectively goes up one from where it would be if they made top-9. And, we get a pick before the Blues, in case we get into a trade war with them over a player (could be the difference).

Further to my last post, the ideal situation for us is that the Blues and Dons finish 9th and 10th respectively. This would give us a mid-round pick after the Dons, but before the Blues.

As the Dons will take Daniher, our pick effectively goes up one from where it would be if they made top-9. And, we get a pick before the Blues, in case we get into a trade war with them over a player (could be the difference).

No, we don't.

If the Blues finish 9th, our 'mid-1st round' will be one pick behind theirs, as a 'mid-1st round' means only before teams contesting finals.

Therefore, barring anyone else getting and activating compensation picks (which, bear in mind, can still happen), this pick is pick 13.