Bombers Blow It : )

Range Rover

Hahahaha!! I can see it mate. But i kid you not more fights and almost fights happened at windy hill. In 1990 when we won out there i feared for my life leaving. Still sang the song though!!

both vi park and windy hill could be fearsome

My mate injured his leg and refused to go on crutches to WH as he insisted the "fans" would kick his crutches out

We went every week to every match plus some

both vi park and windy hill could be fearsome

My mate injured his leg and refused to go on crutches to WH as he insisted the "fans" would kick his crutches out

We went every week to every match plus some

Yep. Such a shame the local grounds have gone. Etihad just does not interest me.

But waking up years ago thinking "sh!t today i am going to drive to WH or VP or Moorabin!!

Fearsome days...

Being bought up at the MCG and VFL Park any game that I went to where I had to stand I felt as though I was slumming it.

Vic Park provided the eye real openers for a kid tho'.

They were truely feral.

Edited by My TD

Windy Hill was certainly the most dangerous ground I went to in the old days.

Even at the old Western Oval I parked a relatively new car in the back streets and it was still there after the game!

But for me, Hawthorn suppporters are the worst wherever they are - their arrogance defies belief - and worse still, they appear to have more Range Rovers than Melbourne supporters could ever afford, and yet we are usually credited with that ownership statistic (and going to the snow in winter)!

Agree. I recall as a kid feeling sick of intimidation just by how many bomber supporters were behaving badly (drunken gutter language) around me on the outer at Windy Hill. I think that is image and feeling that has stayed with me; how my hatred of the Bombers remains.

Bulldogs supporters to me are royalty compared to Bomber and Hawk supporters.

Totally agree on the Range Rover comparison.

Agree. I recall as a kid feeling sick of intimidation just by how many bomber supporters were behaving badly (drunken gutter language) around me on the outer at Windy Hill. I think that is image and feeling that has stayed with me; how my hatred of the Bombers remains.

hence my snooty comment.

Brought up to hate Collingwood, learned through my own experience to hate "Essadun"

Exactly. The Collingwood "rivalry" has reduced in relevance to the point where I reckon it's almost embarrassing. A one way rivalry isn't a rivalry.

Went to Waverley with my brother on law (Essendon supporter) and my son many years ago to see them play Carlton; well there was a group of Scum supporters behind me who were just talking and having a beer, that is until the game started. Wow! The language after that was unbelievable I didn't think you could swear 5 times in a sentence containing 6 words before.

Went to VP with my other brother in law (Collingwood supporter) and sat in the members with him; well the first score of the game was a goal to us I jumped up and cheered, then I realised I was the only one cheering so I sat down pretty quickly. We won that day, the Rocca brothers were both on the pine at one stage and A Jaco kicked a swag which upset the locals no end and I couldn't say a word.

Went to Waverley with my brother on law (Essendon supporter) and my son many years ago to see them play Carlton; well there was a group of Scum supporters behind me who were just talking and having a beer, that is until the game started. Wow! The language after that was unbelievable I didn't think you could swear 5 times in a sentence containing 6 words before.

Read any Bomberblitz thread and you'll get a '[censored] this' or a '[censored] that' in every post.

Bogans.

Brought up to hate Collingwood, learned through my own experience to hate "Essadun"

The capitulation Essendon are experiencing really does hurt their smug arrogant supporters.

Baby Bombers pffft.

I would agree too that Windy Hill was the worst ground to visit and could be frightening. The Bombers supporters on the outer thought they were Ron Andrews clones and behaved like him. Saw a lot of fights and unprovoked violence by their supporters.

Well bombers fans are certainly getting sterilised now, playing home games at Docklands.

Like going to the dentist's.

Edited by PaulRB

frpm BummerBlitz............sound familiar?

We need to cut 10-12 players and go backwards for a few years. we are now seeing the result of poor recruiting and development for 7 years. Our midfield is the worst in the league. I don't care who ran the recruiting , Dodoro, Keane Sheedy whoever it was they need to go. You cant defend this mediocrity. Our development was just as poor. If you are 22/23 or older on our list you won't play in our next premiership. Long long long way off it

• Like 1

Wow, that was just putrid by the Bombers. Half their side looks overweight to me.

The metldown continues ... http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=65688&st=735

HM-SHYNKARENKO-MAN.jpg

They are hurting over there aern't they. They have no clue. 16 flags. Suck it up!

I would agree too that Windy Hill was the worst ground to visit and could be frightening. The Bombers supporters on the outer thought they were Ron Andrews clones and behaved like him. Saw a lot of fights and unprovoked violence by their supporters.

Definitely Moorabin for me. I still hate St Kilda.