So... who else misses Ology

Shifu Demon

Eh. It didn't really mean much, other than posting just to get my numbers up and enter the top 15 or 20 "most frequent" list.

This place does the same thing but with updated software. Except I'll post here much less now I don't have that motivation, as I'm not the most educated / observant on football matters and would rather read good insight then try and manufacture some.

It was discussed, but its not relevant to the majority; thus am completely in my right to question why it isn't on the general board.

Oh, I must have missed the part in your post where you mentioned that. Again, it's not as if Demonology posts are cluttering up the forum, and as has been suggested by myself and others, don't read them if you are not interested...these forums are not here just for your benefit.

Eh. It didn't really mean much, other than posting just to get my numbers up and enter the top 15 or 20 "most frequent" list.

This place does the same thing but with updated software. Except I'll post here much less now I don't have that motivation, as I'm not the most educated / observant on football matters and would rather read good insight then try and manufacture some.

Dont let ignorance of football matters stop you making a comment here-it's nearly a pre-requisite.
  • Like 3

It is an easy fix and some us with the skills to do it have offered. But without access to the site nothing can be done, and the site owner is reluctant to put that on offer, so the status quo remains.

If it were up to me I'd call time on 'ology and import the database in to a read only forum on 'land, so that the defunct site is immortalised in a readable, searchable manner. Then all Smith's stats could probably be salvaged too.

Oh, OK, I thought some of you guys already had access & had already stated doing some work on it, 3 or 4 weeks before it went down.

My mistake.

??????????? But Why ?????????? Whats the point of trying to get numbers up on amount of posts. whats the attraction?

It is an easy fix and some us with the skills to do it have offered. But without access to the site nothing can be done, and the site owner is reluctant to put that on offer, so the status quo remains.

If it were up to me I'd call time on 'ology and import the database in to a read only forum on 'land, so that the defunct site is immortalised in a readable, searchable manner. Then all Smith's stats could probably be salvaged too.

It is good to have 2 sites to have the breathing space. It's sort of refreshing to go to another site (not slow big footy) for a change of everything.

??????????? But Why ?????????? Whats the point of trying to get numbers up on amount of posts. whats the attraction?

Trying to win a dick-measuring contest, I guess.

The more of something, the better.

Actually I grew out of rapid posting on 'ology a few years ago when I evolved from a overly-enthusiastic teen to a pretentious [censored]. But boys will be boys.

Actually I grew out of rapid posting on 'ology a few years ago when I evolved from a overly-enthusiastic teen to a pretentious [censored]. But boys will be boys.

I remember when you started posting. Typical teenager who felt the need to post in every thread with inane stuff like "I agree", "good point" "reckon we can win this week if the boys play well" etc. Gave me the shits!

Then you evolved into a pretentious [censored] and grew up to be good bloke and very good poster.

See this is the thing I'll miss about Ology. Got to know a bunch of strangers in that little community and we've all evolved and grown up (or old) together. Off the top of my head Nasher, Hatch, D2, KD, Couttsy, me and now Williamson (apologies to whoever I missed) have all married and had kids since we last played finals.

So some people here might think we should just shut up, join in or go away but the fact is we've invested a lot of time, energy and emotion in that cracked out old site and if we want to talk about Ology this is the only place to do so.

I've already moved on - Land isn't so bad when you give it a chance (the ignore function is a godsend). But others haven't and won't, and that shouldn't be held against them.

Edited by Chook in Perth

See this is the thing I'll miss about Ology. Got to know a bunch of strangers in that little community and we've all evolved and grown up (or old) together. Off the top of my head Nasher, Hatch, D2, KD, Couttsy, me and now Williamson (apologies to whoever I missed) have all married and had kids since we last played finals.

We have developed a strong community of strangers here too.

I think you will find it familiar.

So hopefully you can find a place here.

Unless of course I am a subject of the ignore function...and you can't read this...

• Like 1

miss it big time.....it will always have a place in my heart....even though for the last few years i hadn't posted as often as i used too....

i can't forget it.....it gave me a job at the Hun for a year.... :D even though it was the worst year for me to have the job.....got married that year and missed 2 months of the season...hahahahaha...

but it was a great group.....maybe we can have a 1 year reunion next year....at the QB clash :D

I miss 'ology, but like most, realise the world evolves and things change. Good to see many of the old 'ology posters over here.

I'm Not the type to give up on things worthwhile...

I grew up in an Era where quality was it & disposable wasn't the norm. Not the throw it away & buy a new one off the shelf syndrome.

'Ology is worth it to have an alternative & vica versa.

Is anyone here, 'GSmith', in contact with Tim, how he's going & can we help?

• Like 1

So some people here might think we should just shut up, join in or go away but the fact is we've invested a lot of time, energy and emotion in that cracked out old site and if we want to talk about Ology this is the only place to do it.

Being a member at both sites, whilst only for a few years, has given me plenty of interest in reading, with both laughs and anguish; given the teams predicament and form in that time. {Come to think of it I joined to be involved and voice concern for my club mid 2008, having already read the 12 months prior since ND left}.

Fact is, there's always been some sort of talk here re: O'logy and vice versa at O'logy re: Land.

Personally, I recognise all the time, energy and emotion made by posters at O'logy and enjoy reading every time those reflect 'old times'. As I do here occassionally, such as this one.

I welcome the talk and I hope the data there is retrieved in some way. I liked Nasher's suggestion of having it here if that was ever to come to fruition, so people can read and reflect on.

I'd also suggest those here embrace any new members and their contributions, because there's definitely some quality views and opinions worth reading and discussing.

Nothing more frustrating than fellow supporters - and we are Mfc members/supporters - telling others to shut it as in this case.

Remember both sites represent by its content and members - Melbournefc. Embrace it I say.

• Like 1

I've evolved from a pretentious [censored] to an opinionated toss-pot here .So there is room for growth . Edited by Biffen
  • Like 4

People. Just to let you know that you should not give up on Demonology. There are discussions taking place and a meeting will be organised shortly to see what can be done.

In the meantime, please feel welcome to discuss the nostalgic past and keep the conversation going here.

I'll post when I can report something a little more concrete.

• Like 3

What I don't understand is this.....

If you try to get on to the Demonology site, you still see the opening page.

On that there are about 15 posts on current topics, just the headings, but with no replies. If you try to read the posts you bring up the error page.

But it looks like people are still posting.

Can anyone explain this to me.?

What I don't understand is this.....

If you try to get on to the Demonology site, you still see the opening page.

On that there are about 15 posts on current topics, just the headings, but with no replies. If you try to read the posts you bring up the error page.

But it looks like people are still posting.

Can anyone explain this to me.?

you can start a thread>type in the thread title. But just can't post. some of the thread titles have been quite amusing, but suspect it has a short shelf life.

I'm Not the type to give up on things worthwhile...

I grew up in an Era where quality was it & disposable wasn't the norm. Not the throw it away & buy a new one off the shelf syndrome.

'Ology is worth it to have an alternative & vica versa.

Is anyone here, 'GSmith', in contact with Tim, how he's going & can we help?

There are a few people working behind the scenes to restore the site dee-luded, thanks for asking, however we need Tim's assistance and at this point he remains unwell and we are reluctant to push the issue.

The stats mentioned are actually a list of players for every game in each season from 1897 to 2009 with goals scored and from 1992 onwards there are full games stats, kicks, marks, tackles etc including Brownlow votes.

There are also 100 odd player profiles to which the images I have saved were to be up loaded.

Over 100 hours have been invested in these stats by myself and countless hours by Tim, hence my reluctance to see it all down the gurglar.

Go Demons.