Changes for next week

DeeZee

Outs: Sellar - simply having a big body and 'presenting' is nowhere near enough. 4 possessions, zero marks. see you later.

Sylvia - continues on his lazy, merry way

Magner - has dropped off noticeably, looks tired and needs a spell

Ins: Fitzpatrick - can't do any worse than Sellar, can give Russian a chop-out, he's earned a debut

Blease - Desperately need quick run and carry. It's either him or Bennell. Yikes.

Couch - Direct replacement for Magner

*Editing this post. Agree that we need big bodies against the Hawks. Magner stays, as does Sylvia (also for the reason that I think he's trade bait at season's end and shouldn't be dropped unless his form hits rock bottom).

So, just the one change...

Out: Sellar

In: Fitzpatrick

Edited by Range Rover

Taken from the Age article on the Casey game.

Watts' last goal came from a clever one-handed grab while holding off his opponent. The athletic forward laid one tackle, and Casey coach Brett Lovett did not know whether it would be enough to earn a quick recall.

Read more: http://www.theage.co...l#ixzz1u3PAlor7

I will be disappointed if he regains his spot based on that.

Im frustrated with ol Jacky Boy. Ive been one amongst some here who really believe in this kid. I still do but theres ome invisibnle wal between where he is and where he needs to be.. Quite frankly its annoying to behold and can ony hopew he is is MORE annoyed by where he finds himself.

He really needs to be educated as to the concept of 'hunger'...and real offensive pressure.

He'll get there ( me hopes)

• Like 1

What's so outrageous about leaving Tapscott out? I'm a fan, but I'm not sure what he adds to the team that is so irreplaceable at the moment, and he only seems able to play at max intensity for 3/4 of the game at present.

What's so outrageous about leaving Tapscott out? I'm a fan, but I'm not sure what he adds to the team that is so irreplaceable at the moment, and he only seems able to play at max intensity for 3/4 of the game at present.

Agreed. He's not a protected species. He's not getting enough of the ball and he's not utilising his kicking to its maximum efficiency.

probably still a quarter better than some others !!

Agreed. He's not a protected species. He's not getting enough of the ball and he's not utilising his kicking to its maximum efficiency.

He was our 2nd leading possession getter when subbed off..... just needs to keep building his fitness

At the moment Tappy doesn't run well enough. He's getting better with that, but he still has a way to go. I think he'll end up being a very good role player because he is strong and a good kick, but he's going to need time to build a base. Needs to stay healthy enough to do a preseason, though. At the moment any game he's getting is for development.

Edited by Axis of Bob

Hmmmm.... This is a bit silly for mine.

You don't like the way he goes about it? Moloney is one of very few MFC players capable of winning his own ball, and I don't think trying to break through the lines rather than handballing to a stationary teammate 2 inches away is "burning his teammates". He and Jones are the only two fighting to win the ball and you say he avoids the contest and wants it "served up"? Totally off the ball on this one mate, although I would love Couch to come in.

However, so far I'm finding it hard to disagree about Sylvia. Not too surprised though, would have thought he'd be one of the players that wouldn't click with Neeld.

The trouble is that against good opposition Moloney doesn't win his own ball, his best football is played when Jamar feeds him and they don't allow it. If it doesn't come to him he doesn't go out of his way to get after it. He has continually burned team mates in better positions not a couple of inches away but in a much better position than him.

It still sits in my mind how Mark McClure labelled Moloney and Silvia as dumb footballers a few seasons back and I think it's still the case.

Maybe I have a blinkered view about Moloney like a lot have about Morton, but he drives me to distraction.

• Like 1

OUT: Sellar, Bail

IN: Watts, Couch

And for anyone who has Tapscott out, but keeping Bail in...

Tapscott (14 posessions, 2 contested, 71% efficiency, 4 marks, 3 tackles)

Bail (7 possessions, 2 contested, 71% efficiency, 1 mark, 1 tackle)

Its about balance. Tapscott at this time cannot run out a game. We already lack pace so removing Bail one of few that has any makes no sense.

Bail has a lot of problems, but what he can do is run.

We need runners because it takes really good runners to play with the intensity that Neeld wants us to play with. It's all about getting players to the ball and applying pressure for 4 quarters. We can't yet, but having people that can run really helps.

Two things needed against the Hawks:

Big bodies and brains. Small bodies get pushed off the ball, and dumb footballers get confused.

IN: Bennell, Fitzpatrick (he might not be too smart but Sellar has been awful)

OUT: Sellar, Dunn

Can't believe people calling for Bail, Trengove, Tapscott, Magner and Moloney to be dropped.

Dunn has a big body and Needs to get the defensive forward job on Hodge or Suckling

Edited by Pennant St Dee

What good is a runner who doesn't tackle and can't get the pill?

For one, they close down space and fill their spot in the defensive structure. If you can't run then it all breaks down.

These aren't stats, but its a reason why Tappy was subbed while Bail stayed on.

Can't believe it's come to this...but there is no way that Fitzpatrick could be worse than Sellar is at the moment.

May as well bring him in, leave him up forward and see if he can at least take 1 grab for the day.

Need Martin back asap.

Bennell will be too soft to face the Hawks. I reckon Petterd would be a good option though. Dunn should start too.

Im frustrated with ol Jacky Boy. Ive been one amongst some here who really believe in this kid. I still do but theres ome invisibnle wal between where he is and where he needs to be.. Quite frankly its annoying to behold and can ony hopew he is is MORE annoyed by where he finds himself.

He really needs to be educated as to the concept of 'hunger'...and real offensive pressure.

He'll get there ( me hopes)

With you here BB he has undoubted class and uses the ball so well, he is a rolls royce and just needs a bit of nastiness & hunger in him. He looks good in the VFL with his class and in the long term benefits of the club maybe even 4 to 6 weeks playing regular with Casey for 2 reasons

To build hunger and make him realise he wants to play at the top level and

get him used to playing the way Neeld wants so when he steps back in its second nature to him.

Edited by Pennant St Dee

Can't believe it's come to this...but there is no way that Fitzpatrick could be worse than Sellar is at the moment.

May as well bring him in, leave him up forward and see if he can at least take 1 grab for the day.

Need Martin back asap.

Bennell will be too soft to face the Hawks. I reckon Petterd would be a good option though. Dunn should start too.

Need Martin back asap?

Backward step.

He would be a dreadful in.

Need Martin back asap?

Backward step.

He would be a dreadful in.

Martin at his best wouldn't be, but his best is few and far between. I'm not sure how much longer we can wait for his physicality to get anywhere near his athleticism which makes him dangerous. If (and I'm sure he should), Fitzpatrick comes in I'll be keen to see if he can play with some attitude, or whether its just his speed and size getting it done for him at VFL.

At the end of the day that was what got me excited about Max Gawn last year, the big fella looked like he knew he was one and played with some toughness.

With you here BB he has undoubted class and uses the ball so well, he is a rolls royce and just needs a bit of nastiness & hunger in him. He looks good in the VFL with his class and in the long term benefits of the club maybe even 4 to 6 weeks playing regular with Casey for 2 reasons

To build hunger and make him realise he wants to play at the top level and

get him used to playing the way Neeld wants so when he steps back in its second nature to him.

And me except that I don't think he's aggressive by nature. I would liken him to James Hird who was sublimely skilled and extremely competitive rather than aggressive. At the moment, JW doesn't seem able to show his competitiveness and maybe comes across as too nice. I still have no doubt that he will be able to show the required competitiveness in the not-too-distant future. He's too smart not to.

In- A new stand behind the goals at the right of screen, Liam Jurrah, a new Prime Minister, Adem Yze, Jim Stynes' wisdom, Jack Watts and a full moon

Out- Lynden Dunn, deforestation, cancer, starving african children, corporate greed, underwear with holes in them and moon-landing conspiracies