Changes V Western Bulldogs

w00dy

Who gives a crap. Watch us get humiliated and destroy the memory of Jim Stynes.

Won't be that drastic, but I just don't know what it will do for the confidence of the players. In Round 1, the greater AFL community were hoping that we got up, but the players failed. This week, there will be a big build up again, and if there is ever a "game for Jimmy", it has been tagged that this is it. If the players were again to produce a pathetic performance, especially with the AFL community again willing us on, it won't be pretty.

Anyway, my changes for this week;

Out: Bail, Morton, Bate

In: Max Sievers, Isaac Place, Riley Bower

http://auskick.nab.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=4

Rather than worrying about individual players I'm more worried about the structure of the team. Why did we play all of Jamar, Martin, Sellar, McDonald, Clark and Rivers? That's far too top heavy (perhaps it would be acceptable if all are bona fide stars but clearly they're not). We need much more pace and better skills particularly in the midfield. So I would definitely keep Davey, Morton and Bail in the team even though none of them are doing as much as they should. And I'd like to add Blease and Bennell but I'm not convinced either is showing enough desire at the moment. I'm hopeful, based on what I saw in Round 1 that Tynan will make it, but he's not got the requisite aerobic fitness base just yet.

I don't think Neeld would do it this way, but I'd drop both Martin and Sellar and use Mitch Clark as backup for Jamar. When Clark rucks, move Watts to full forward; when Clark is at full forward play Watts midfield or on the wing.

Will posters please note Nicholson is a rookie and as such cannot play in the seniors.

And if Dees189227 is accurate in his reporting of Neeld's presser (I haven't seen or heard it), "...the worst thing is Neeld said in the presser that Moloney is still a few weeks away. How bad is this groin?"

Is this fact or fiction? (many seem to be nominating Beamer to come back this week)

Despite Couch’s good VFL form, he is another plodder. His inclusion would only add to our problem.

In: Green, Moloney, Petterd, Nicholson, Blease

Out: Grimes (inj.), Martin, Magner, McDonald, Bate

Couch may be a plodder, but he's a plodder that gets possessions. Also, players are told that if their form warrants they'll give themselves every opportunity to play senior football. Couch has been in the best for the last 4 weeks, culminating in being the best on the weekend. It sends a poor message if you don't reward those returns at some point, especially when we don't have one midfielder that is performing to the required level.

You want to elevate Green after one poor game for Casey ? Staggering.

You want to demote Magner after one poor game when he was arguably our best in his first two ? Staggering.

I don't much care who goes out, but I've read a few posters lauding Davey's pathetic efforts on Saturday. Staggering.

McKenzie did an OK job on Cotchin, so he probably stays. Bail isn't up to it and Martin is down on confidence. I don't think there'll be too many changes.

• Like 1

Couch may be a plodder, but he's a plodder that gets possessions. Also, players are told that if their form warrants they'll give themselves every opportunity to play senior football. Couch has been in the best for the last 4 weeks, culminating in being the best on the weekend. It sends a poor message if you don't reward those returns at some point, especially when we don't have one midfielder that is performing to the required level.

You want to elevate Green after one poor game for Casey ? Staggering.

You want to demote Magner after one poor game when he was arguably our best in his first two ? Staggering.

I don't much care who goes out, but I've read a few posters lauding Davey's pathetic efforts on Saturday. Staggering.

McKenzie did an OK job on Cotchin, so he probably stays. Bail isn't up to it and Martin is down on confidence. I don't think there'll be too many changes.

Poor message or not, we have been killed "going with grunt" because we lack the pace to impact the contest. Possessions in the VFL are not always a good indicator of success at AFL level.

And if Dees189227 is accurate in his reporting of Neeld's presser (I haven't seen or heard it), "...the worst thing is Neeld said in the presser that Moloney is still a few weeks away. How bad is this groin?"

Is this fact or fiction? (many seem to be nominating Beamer to come back this week)

Fact. And Jurrah is planned to play at Casey in a fortnight.

Seems to be one of those players that goes from one injury to another, bit like Spencer; has he ever been fit?

bloody hell, he was a high draft pick as well wasnt he? maybe pick 12?

im not fussed about spencer he is a 5th tier ruckman anyways

If that is true about the players going out and drinking after a game, it shows you what is wrong with the club - the players just don't give a f*@k.

Harsh. If they beat Hawthorn by 10 goals and went out for a drink would they be criticised for that too? Would they be told not to get carried away and keep a level head? Not to get too ahead of themselves and move on quickly?

What's the difference?

Harsh. If they beat Hawthorn by 10 goals and went out for a drink would they be criticised for that too? Would they be told not to get carried away and keep a level head? Not to get too ahead of themselves and move on quickly?

What's the difference?

20 goals?

If that is true about the players going out and drinking after a game, it shows you what is wrong with the club - the players just don't give a f*@k.

They are not robots . They are just young men who play footy for a living. What would you have them do??? All sit in their loung rooms sulking for the week??? I know we all want them to be 100% footy all the time but it is not realistic

So what do you do after a hard day's work? Do you unwind at all? Does that mean you don't give a f*@k?

I don't support players - or anyone - drinking to excess, but I have no problem with players enjoying themselves "away from the office"

OUT: Grimes (susp), Mcdonald (we are to tall), Bail (bad game) or Mckenzie (doesn't seem fit)

IN: Couch, Moloney, Petterd

You'd have to leave in McKenzie to tag Boyd or Cooney.

Think I'd drop Martin before McDonald. McDonald wasn't the worst on Saturday, at least he was better than Martin who looked like he played injured. However, the Bulldogs don't have many talls, so both Martin and McDonald might not get a gig. Have we got any runners to bring in?

Mark Neeld and his co-selectors could point the finger at several under-performers. Forward Stefan Martin was ineffective and subbed out early against Richmond, Aaron Davey is still struggling and Rohan Bail and Luke Tapscott couldn’t find the footy too often

Forward Ricky Petterd won the ball well with Casey Scorpions but wasted it with inaccuracy and rookie Tom Couch continued to push his claims. Dan Nicholson and Jake Spencer took positive steps for Casey after returning from injuries.

We must continue to wield the axe, despite not having a lot in reserve. If nothing else, it will show that sub-standard performances are unacceptable. But it’s a balancing act to maintain a structure and team unity

Underperformers: Garland, Bartram, Mckenzie, Grimes(only for concussion-not form) , Bail, Davey, Martin, .etc etc...nice to get Moloney back.

Edited by thaipantsman

You'd have to leave in McKenzie to tag Boyd or Cooney.

Think I'd drop Martin before McDonald. McDonald wasn't the worst on Saturday, at least he was better than Martin who looked like he played injured. However, the Bulldogs don't have many talls, so both Martin and McDonald might not get a gig. Have we got any runners to bring in?

The only runners that we really have are Nicholson, Blease and Bennell... Not sure if Nicho will get selected yet, the latter 2 def not.

In regards to Nicholson it would be an interesting choice to bring him in, he was in the best at Casey and while makes errors by foot does give us genuine speed and endurance.

The dogs are small but are also slow like us, they have no one to run and carry and chase except for maybe Dalhaus and Smith.

I wouldn't be against trying to bring a flair filled running side this week to exploit their slow pokes.

In my completely uneducated opinion:

IN: Couch, Petterd, Tynan

OUT: Grimes (susp), Martin, Bail

FB: Bartram, Frawley, Rivers

HB: Tynan, Sellar, McDonald

C: Trengove, Grimes, Morton

HF: Watts, Howe, Garland

F: Petterd, Clark, Davey

R: Jamar, Magner, Jones

I: McKenzie, Bate, Couch

S: Tapscott

Jamar lucky to stay in without Beamer, due to lack of other options. (Martin, Gawn injured; Spencer just played his first game in 12 months; Fitzy not developed enough.)

Bring in Couch and bring back Ricky Pettard, we need another avenue to goal besides Mitch.

Pettard has so much talent and can be a game breaker and kick 5 goals, I just hope he can produce on the talent he has shown us in the past. Couch has done enough, time to bring him in for Bate.