2011 Player Review - # 48 Jack Fitzpatrick

Demonland

After two years on the club's senior list, the beanpole forward finally broke through for his first AFL game against Port Adelaide in Round 24 after a season severely marred by an ankle injury. 

Prior to that he had been slowly coming through the ranks and showing good signs of development as a pacy ruckman/forward who can take a nice grab.

Games MFC 2011 MFC 1 Total 1 Goals MFC 2011 1 MFC Total 1

Games CSFC 2011  6 Goals CSFC 2011 7

Games CSFC Reserves 2011 6  Goals CSFC Reserves 2011 16

Seeing as how we recruited Clark, who is set to play the position where FItzpatrick would've slotted in, i reckon he is very lucky to have another year on our list.

As already highlighted, we need to find a crumber or small forward to really complete our forward line. This would've been Davey, but he has lost some of his pace.

Howe Watts Sylvia

Petterd? Clark Jurrah

We need pace in our forward line.

Seeing as how we recruited Clark, who is set to play the position where FItzpatrick would've slotted in, i reckon he is very lucky to have another year on our list.

I reckon you're wrong. It's always important to have developing prospects on your list, even if it's a position where you're full. Otherwise, why bother having McDonald or Davis on the list? Why rookie list Robbie Campbell? Clark adds competition for Fitzpatrick's spot, but it doesn't change our development strategy for Fitzpatrick (or Cook).

Ridiculously premature. Contracted for 2012 and 2013 and will be given every moment to develop.

Please show confirmation that he is contracted for years 2012/13.I know this was reported earlier this year but in speaking to Fitz at the time he stated he was not contracted.Please advise and show me MFC confirmation .

Jack needs to continue his development. Living in Sydney I haven't had the opportunity to watch him live however I am interested in seeing how he goes in 2012. He has height and pace and could be a very good talent once he starts to mature.

Could be a very difficult match up in a few years time.

Please show confirmation that he is contracted for years 2012/13.I know this was reported earlier this year but in speaking to Fitz at the time he stated he was not contracted.Please advise and show me MFC confirmation .

I can't find any confirmation online, but you have my stamp of honour that he's contracted. ;)

• Like 1

Speculative latter round KPP who has yet to generate any excitement after two years on the list. Would have to show a bit more in his third season to justify being kept on you would think.

I had no idea he had another contract, but to those who think it is pointless to be given another year - why recruit anyone 197cm tall then?

If you give up after two years what's the bloody point of picking him up?

Talls take time.

I think if you pick up a kid over 195cm tall you are tacitly saying to all involved - this guy is here (in some fashion) until he is 22 unless he is a massive d!ck or has a terrible run with injuries.

• Like 1

He struggled with chronic fatigue, he injured his ankle badly early in the season and played some very good footy for Casey towards the end of the year.

Has extraordinary pace for a big man and is a very good overhead mark. Could play forward, back and ruck.

I can see Colin Garland type apologies on this site in a couple of years time.

He will have his work cut out for himself .

He has to get past Jamar ,Martin ,Gawn ,Clark and other strong talls just to get a run.

i hope he gets a few games and keeps the pressure on .

He will have his work cut out for himself .

He has to get past Jamar ,Martin ,Gawn ,Clark and other strong talls just to get a run.

i hope he gets a few games and keeps the pressure on .

In the ruck I think he's only competing with Martin. He's not a first ruck, he's a forward/ruck.

He obviously has something special hidden away from public view that many posters here do not see, but that has been seen and appreciated by the list managers -- hopefully not the old goat photos ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Jack is a tall KPP / ruckman who has had two years at the Club, both marred by illness and / or injury. If he is contracted for the next two years, surely the time to judge his future on our list will be towards the end of season 2013.

Looked out of his depth in the PA game. But, Grimes' first game, also played as last for the season, was nothing exciting, so maybe JF can move on from here, too.

LDC, there have been a lot of posts on other threads potting JF for that Port game. I was at the game - call me a glass-half-full kind of guy, but I was quite taken with what he DID do in his first game, rather than wanting to sack him for his bloopers. The mistakes showed a lack of composure in the face of his first exposure to a packed house at the highest level; on the other hand, I was quite excited by what I could see in his capabilities, including how he put himself into contests, and the way he moved around the forward line.

Exciting prospect!

• Like 1

Yeah, Fitz clearly rushed causing a few bad skill errors, but afterwards he said something like he was surprised at the speed of the game and had overestimated it.

Once he settles and gets a feel for the time he has to settle and execute, I think he'll be a valuable player.

Moves exceptionally well for a bloke that size.

Very quick & agile.