• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Who will be the new coach?

Range Rover

Brogan the protector eh... Oh I would laugh if Cale Morton lines up in a GWS geurnsey beside Brogan.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't reveal source but it ain't Mark Thompson...unless of course, I've been lied to...but no one would do that in football would they?

Never thought it was. Bomber went "Home" to Essendon from where he was a Premiership Captain.

He was never going to take another outside coaching job. He makes too much $$$ in Real Estate.

1. St Kilda are 12-9-1 for the year

2. "Boring and winning" has amounted to zero premierships

I will swap our year for theirs.

I can handle a fair bit of "boring and winning" for "thrashed and depressed"

Oh i dunno Mr Dee.

I find it boring how the tip rat kicks all those 'boring' goals and gets so fired up, inspiring his team mates and often turning matches on their heads.

How Clint Jones has grown an extra gut running leg this year, running off his direct opponents and spreading into space to provide multiple options around the ground. Hec, i hated it how he shut Daisy down to the point of frustrating him so much Daisy ended up smacking him in the head. It cost Daisy a week off damn it! Sean Dempster.....he better stop this sort of thing too! I saw someone he was on getting upset with the attention recently too! I truly wish our players don't pressure to this level and upset anyone. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

The way Montagna, Clint and others run back so hard to affect the zone or cover their opponent when they lose possession. Makes me sick! How boring is that!

The way Adam Schneider always seems to get into the play at some point in the game, no matter what sort of form he's in, and kick the odd 2 - 3 goals or at least split/spread in space where the tip rat and Reiwoldt aren't to take his opponent away from their lead up zone. Gee i hate that.

So boring the way the Saints are able to close down the opposition when it looks like the games getting away from them. They often seem capable of changing the momentum of their matches, and slowly edge their way back into the game. This often results in them coming away with a win in close games as well.

Boring old Lyon! What are you thinking Dee? Sheez :lol:

Oh i dunno Mr Dee.

I find it boring how the tip rat kicks all those 'boring' goals and gets so fired up, inspiring his team mates and often turning matches on their heads.

How Clint Jones has grown an extra gut running leg this year, running off his direct opponents and spreading into space to provide multiple options around the ground. Hec, i hated it how he shut Daisy down to the point of frustrating him so much Daisy ended up smacking him in the head. It cost Daisy a week off damn it! Sean Dempster.....he better stop this sort of thing too! I saw someone he was on getting upset with the attention recently too! I truly wish our players don't pressure to this level and upset anyone. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

The way Montagna, Clint and others run back so hard to affect the zone or cover their opponent when they lose possession. Makes me sick! How boring is that!

The way Adam Schneider always seems to get into the play at some point in the game, no matter what sort of form he's in, and kick the odd 2 - 3 goals or at least split/spread in space where the tip rat and Reiwoldt aren't to take his opponent away from their lead up zone. Gee i hate that.

So boring the way the Saints are able to close down the opposition when it looks like the games getting away from them. They often seem capable of changing the momentum of their matches, and slowly edge their way back into the game. This often results in them coming away with a win in close games as well.

Well that is a first "Mr. Dee"

Yes I am glad we don't do any of that boring stuff,

really would not fit with the "Choir boys principle" would it

Wouldn't mind a few boring wins and some boring defensive effort for the whole game .

I dont care if we kick 3 goals a game if we concede only 1 .

Losing is more boring than a solid defensive team stopping goals every game.

Bring on solid performance over our bi-polar efforts this year .

Ross would be good

Bomber Better

Lethal Best

Wouldn't mind a few boring wins and some boring defensive effort for the whole game .

I dont care if we kick 3 goals a game if we concede only 1 .

Losing is more boring than a solid defensive team stopping goals every game.

Bring on solid performance over our bi-polar efforts this year .

Ross would be good

Bomber Better

Lethal Best

Sadly CJJ I doubt any of them are available

Oh i dunno Mr Dee.

Very rarely I comment on here but that comment is fantastic!! I can't believe some of the lack of love for Ross Lyon who in my opinion has done an exceptional job at challenging for the ultimate with squads that had half the talent of Geelong and Collingwood.

The Aints have about 5 A Graders in the class department, Roo, Dal, Fish, Goddard and Montagna, a half a dozen of B's and the rest are genuine C Graders at best (Dean Polo anyone??? eew). They are simply an amazingly drilled outfit who dont accept mediocrity other than that of some of the natural talent on there list. The way they gut run back to zone in defence is amazing when you watch from up high in the stands.

Imagine if our potential (such a dirty word) was realised with him at the helm, we could be unbeatable!

Just for some quick gossip, a customer of mine at work who knows I am a mad dees man has told he has seen Gazza having a breakfast with Malthouse twice last week at seperate places. Now I cant confirm it and my source might not be just pumping up my tyres but I did enjoy the yarn when he told me!

I don't understand why Choco Williams is not a favourite for the job.

Not only is he a Premiership coach, but he had Port finish top of the ladder for several years.

His dream has always been to coach a big Melbourne team.

Where do you start?

1. He's a nutter

2. He bankrupted port by getting himself the biggest coach contract going after fluking the 2004 flag

3. He oversaw the most divided club in the AFL - maybe the cause

4. Give him credit for the 2004 flag? Give him credit for the 2007 debacle.

5. He's a nutter

6. He's a nutter

He's an egotist of the highest order; its all about him. Look how many clubs were chasing his "skills" after he left port? None (GWS = none).

Nobody wants him. There is a reason.

Where do you start?

1. He's a nutter

2. He bankrupted port by getting himself the biggest coach contract going after fluking the 2004 flag

3. He oversaw the most divided club in the AFL - maybe the cause

4. Give him credit for the 2004 flag? Give him credit for the 2007 debacle.

5. He's a nutter

6. He's a nutter

He's an egotist of the highest order; its all about him. Look how many clubs were chasing his "skills" after he left port? None (GWS = none).

Nobody wants him. There is a reason.

Don't sit on the fence - what do you really think?

Edited by Tim

All we've heard so far are media reports and speculation and we know how wrong they usually are, we may not have approached any of those mentioned in the press.

So I wouldn't have a clue, it could be any or none of the favourites after all Bailey was the last selection.

Guest Gareth Keenan

All I know is that Cam Schwab when talking about coaches and the "next generation" only mentioned one name specifically - Scott Burns.

Very possibly meaningless, but I didnt expect his name to come up.

CS didn't mention one other name, even Lyon, Clarkson or Malthouse.

I hope these interviews mentioned are just a smoke screen...

But as I have posted before - if you can't get Malthouse or Lyon, go and get the most fearsome assistant coach and surround him IP from Coll, StK, Geel, Haw, and/or WCE.

There will be no risk taking on a unknown like Bailey was. I has stated all along my fealing is we have a list and we are working down the list Malthouse was the number 1, Clarkson 2, Lyon 3 and if we can't land one of these we will then have a list of assistant coaches that we will approach, Neeld, Sanderson, Brown, Burns and the bloke from Geelong now at Essendon in fact both of them. This is where our coach will come from.

Edited by drdrake

I still think our best chance is Ross Lyon. He's being too coy for there not be anything in the rumour mongering.

The more I listen to him speak and in general the way he conducts himself is far more professional than Malthouse.

But I agree, if we can't land one of these fish then the process of hiring an assitant will be a whole lot more hectic for GL and his selection team. Whether they've contingency planned for that scenario is another thing. I would've hoped they did.

I don't understand why Choco Williams is not a favourite for the job.

Not only is he a Premiership coach, but he had Port finish top of the ladder for several years.

His dream has always been to coach a big Melbourne team.

This may be the issue.....

Very rarely I comment on here but that comment is fantastic!! I can't believe some of the lack of love for Ross Lyon who in my opinion has done an exceptional job at challenging for the ultimate with squads that had half the talent of Geelong and Collingwood.

The Aints have about 5 A Graders in the class department, Roo, Dal, Fish, Goddard and Montagna, a half a dozen of B's and the rest are genuine C Graders at best (Dean Polo anyone??? eew). They are simply an amazingly drilled outfit who dont accept mediocrity other than that of some of the natural talent on there list. The way they gut run back to zone in defence is amazing when you watch from up high in the stands.

Imagine if our potential (such a dirty word) was realised with him at the helm, we could be unbeatable!

Just for some quick gossip, a customer of mine at work who knows I am a mad dees man has told he has seen Gazza having a breakfast with Malthouse twice last week at seperate places. Now I cant confirm it and my source might not be just pumping up my tyres but I did enjoy the yarn when he told me!

Very rarely does anyone comment on my comments lol.

But yes, i think Lyon's also done an amazing job obviously. Although some would argue he should have gotten at least one premiership from the 3 attempts so far and in a way has under achieved. I think Malcolm Blight had a similar outcome with Geelong from 89 through to the 92 and 94 finals. Before moving on to finally break through with Adelaide. Maybe this is an omen should Lyon end up coming across to us. 'Almost' with the Saints.....then success with the Demons.

By the way, you don't happen to work or own a cafe' or something....by the sounds of it you might. Was just wondering if you see Mick with Gazza at your place sometime, maybe you can slip a little happy juice in Mick's coffee pls!?? Might help get him over the line! :lol:

All I know is that Cam Schwab when talking about coaches and the "next generation" only mentioned one name specifically - Scott Burns.

Very possibly meaningless, but I didnt expect his name to come up.

CS didn't mention one other name, even Lyon, Clarkson or Malthouse.

I think you might be onto something there.

Anyone who has heard Scott Burns talk about the game or seen the way he played would understand why someone like him would be the perfect solution for the Melbourne Football Club.

He is a strong character and would most definitely impose his own style on the way football is played at the club. He would bring a point of difference to the place and shake up a few of the passengers on the playing side who contributed to making 2011 the disaster it turned out to be. In other words, he's the type who would clean house at the club and that is something which we need to happen very badly.

Appointing Burns would fit in well with the comments attributed above to Malthouse because Burns is a protege and also with what was indicated by Garry Lyon about an appointment being imminent.

And who knows? It might even sway a particular player who might possibly be on the move to decide to stay at the club given that he faces the choice between being coached by a tired old hack who's been removed from the game for far too long and a fresh young innovative coach with new ideas.

But then perhaps I should be posting this in the other thread?

We may be too late for Burns, he seems favourite for the Crows job:

"But Burns, who has been in charge of the Eagles' developing midfield for the past three seasons, is understood to be a clear frontrunner for the job amid speculation he has already been offered a three-year deal to become Adelaide's new coach."

Speaking of coaches:

"Meanwhile, former Bulldogs champion Scott West appears set to return to his old club as an assistant after spending the past few years as a lieutenant to both Dean Bailey and Todd Viney at Melbourne."

Edited by bing181

We may be too late for Burns, he seems favourite for the Crows job:

"But Burns, who has been in charge of the Eagles' developing midfield for the past three seasons, is understood to be a clear frontrunner for the job amid speculation he has already been offered a three-year deal to become Adelaide's new coach."

Speaking of coaches:

"Meanwhile, former Bulldogs champion Scott West appears set to return to his old club as an assistant after spending the past few years as a lieutenant to both Dean Bailey and Todd Viney at Melbourne."

Burns would probably be a natural for the Adelaide gig as he originally came from Norwood.

On the other hand, West going back to the Doggies would be understandable with a new coach coming in at Melbourne and wanting to cherry pick his assistants.

I'd be stunned if Burns wouldn't be speaking to Malthouse about his next move.

And if it's true that the MFC is also after Burns, I'd reckon Malthouse might be suggesting the current upside to the MFC is better than the current upside to the Crows. Pure speculation of course.

That's interesting. So this may be one explanation as to Micks personal interest in the Dees over the last few weeks?