All Australian Demons

Bang Bang Bang

Getting to the pointy end of the season, does anyone think we have any players in line for AA honours?

Moloney has been a revelation but he's up against the cream of crop in the middle. Would be a chance for the extended squad but not much chance of a guernsey in the 22... IMO.

Frawley started slowly but his last 2 months or so have been 2010-esque, maybe better. If he can keep going he could be a dual AA at age 22. Exciting.

What does everyone else think?

Beamer will hopefully make the 40.

Frawley will make it on current form, partly lucky cos of Jameison and Shaw.

Smokie might actually be Stef Martin - although he seems to be unacknowledged outside of the MFC. Probably not if he goes in as a ruck though - Cox has it stitched up, and Goldstein would have to be close to having it as 2nd choice.

Edited by Striker475

Getting to the pointy end of the season, does anyone think we have any players in line for AA honours?

Moloney has been a revelation but he's up against the cream of crop in the middle. Would be a chance for the extended squad but not much chance of a guernsey in the 22... IMO.

Frawley started slowly but his last 2 months or so have been 2010-esque, maybe better. If he can keep going he could be a dual AA at age 22. Exciting.

The fact that Frawley was elevated last year means he has incumbency in his favour. Selectors seem to like keeping players in once they have established their quality.

Edited by bush demon

Beamer will hopefully make the 40.

Frawley will make it on current form, partly lucky cos of Jameison and Shaw.

Smokie might actually be Stef Martin - although he seems to be unacknowledged outside of the MFC. Probably not if he goes in as a ruck though - Cox has it stitched up, and Goldstein would have to be close to having it as 2nd choice.

I think it was Dermot that said this morning that Stef was the most improved player in the competition.

Frawley's little chance. Ben Reid from Collingwood's had a great season. Josh Gibson is probably up there too. Frawley needs to play like he did yesterday for the rest of the year just to get noticed really.

He is well ahead of Gibson although Gibbo's last month has been impressive i dont think he was great early Reid is true but there are more than 2 KP players picked they chuck the goodd defenders in pockets and flanks....also with Chips run it helps with stitching up one of the 4 non KP spots i believe

I don't see anyone getting the nod this year, despite a better ladder position. Jamar lost part of the year to injury, so no real chance. On the bright side this will be the first time in years that Sandilands isn't in the squad. Frawley has had an up and down season and there are others in more fashionable sides that the selectors like to rave about. I think Gibson and Harry O are shoe-ins for starters. Green is no chance. He's been well off the standard of last year.

I do like the notion that big Stef could be a shot. It's a stretch and would depend on how the selectors went about it, but if they were to pick someone for the second ruck as it is being played now, he would have to be in the running. Possible Vickery would be in the same category. Not many others doing it as well as those two.

No-one will make the side this year. Beamer deserves it, but as we know, those midfield spots are just about pre-determined every year. You just can't go past guys like Judd, Murphy, Mitchell... even a guy like Ablett has played some quiet ones, but then some games where he was incredible. Moloney's consistency is there, and he's going to be the highest ranked centre clearance player most likely. But his BOGs weren't as numerous. Will definitely make the squad, but isn't high-profile enough to get in the team. Especially when this next month will keep him nice and quiet. If he stars in 3 of the next 4 weeks from hell, then he'll be in calculations properly. Don't hold your breath though.

Frawley is one I reckon should be seriously considered. Gibson will get in. Then you've got Fischer and McPharlin more or less as the most likely... After that Scarlett would be up there, maybe on the bench. So Chipper will have had to beat Enright, Taylor and Tarrant if they're going to include a fifth KP defender. And I think you'd be hard pressed to say he was better than any of those three. Let alone any of the four before that. I don't reckon Reid has been better than Frawley, and Jamison will have missed too much footy... So it's Gibson > Fischer > McPharlin > Scarlett >>>>> Frawley, Enright, Taylor, Tarrant. PS... I think in years to come Garland and he will be fighting for each others' spot.

Martin = zero chance. He's not even the best AA ruckman chance in his team. Cox has the starting spot, with Goldstein second. Then there's about 10 guys after him that Stef is behind... Leuenberger, Mumford, Jacobs, Sandilands, Ottens, Jamar... the list goes on. And Stef hasn't played enough, or well enough, in any other position to lock down a spot. Won't even make the squad I don't think. No disrespect to the kid. Great year.

Jamar and Green got selected on the back of exceptional years.

So far this year no one in MFC has got close. Moloney would be the closest but his performances are to up and down. He is also perceived off being good when Jamar is there and Jamar has not been around that much this year.

Stef Martin has improved alot as a player but isnt a chance this year of selection.

No selections from MFC this year for me.

Guest Thomo

Jamar and Green got selected on the back of exceptional years.

So far this year no one in MFC has got close. Moloney would be the closest but his performances are to up and down. He is also perceived off being good when Jamar is there and Jamar has not been around that much this year.

Stef Martin has improved alot as a player but isnt a chance this year of selection.

No selections from MFC this year for me.

What year did Green get selected?

None. we might even miss out on the short list. I'd say Jamar and Beamer are our only chances based on season form, and Chip might get a look in based on his selection last year. No real standouts this year - and those that have been great havent had the consistancy to be seriousl considered IMO?

I can see Chip being named in the squad but because he's missed so much of the year he'll miss out of the final cut. I reckon he's starting to play well enough to be in the final 22 but as i said because he's missed so much of the year it's unlikely the selectors will see enough to get him in there.

Beamer could make the squad, but he's competing against some really top notch players.

The media is all over the "Good" and "Bad" demons. Chip and Beamer certainly have tried their guts out, but it might not be enough to get the AA selection. A little win streak over the next few rounds could end the "Bad" demons tag, which certainly would help a these boys get a look in.

6 or 7 games to go. It ain't over....

I agree with that. None of our boys are leading contenders at this point, but if Chip (in particular) delivers like he did in Darwin over the next 7 weeks, he would have to be in with a chance. It will mean taking some pretty decent scalps along the way, and continuing his outstanding (eyecatching) run out of defence.

After 24 Rounds....Stef Martin could well get a call up.

Moloney is a solid chance if the teams wins more than it loses between now and round 24

Chip Frawley looks to be getting better every week. The next 4 games will tell us if he is all australian.

At this stage I think Sylvia is the only one that could make the AA team; because there are not a lot of small forwards dominating this year.

Col has been to Hot & Cold this year. Needs to impose himself on all four of our next games to be considered AA. That said, he is the type of inigma who could do it.

If Col gets the ball at 50 and is running hard...He kicks big winning goals.

I think he's past 2 Months have gone from flat to great. Up & down. But the last game was very good. I'd be surprised if he makes it this year, but I'm not sure who's he's competing against.

He's not going as well as last year. IMO he's had to regain fitness & strength since the operation, it's been slow progress.