WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - JACK VINEY

einstein251

Ok so we have to wait for the draft till we find out the out come.

So another month of this conversation, Dame.

Where did I say wait until the draft? It has been said at least 100 times already that we will know Viney's fate at about 10.05 monday morning.

Yeah that's what I thought.

Im confused now.

OK, there are two possible scenarios (or at least likely) on Monday Morning in the bidding for Jack.

Best case:

GWS - Pass

GC - Pass

WB - Pass

PA - bid pick 7 or so.

Melbourne agree to match PA bid with our second round pick. JV is now a Melbourne player.

Worst case:

GWS - Pass

GC - Bid pick 2.

Melbourne are now forced to either pass on Jack, in which case he is a Sun, or match the GC bid with our first pick, no 3, in which case he is a Demon.

In all cases it will be decided shortly after 10am on Monday and from that moment Jack is on the list of the club that wins him.

Effectively, by nominating a player for the F/S process the club remove that player form the draft entirely. He will be going to a club, whether it is the one that nominates him or not.

• Like 1

Where did I say wait until the draft? It has been said at least 100 times already that we will know Viney's fate at about 10.05 monday morning.

Mate there's 38 pages do you really think I'm going to read them all

If GWS or GC bid for Viney..... MFC will pass.... Pick 2 & 3 in this years draft is to good to pass up..... MFC want Grundy, as a replacement for Martin..... I'm shattered because I was looking forward to watching young Viney next year....

If GWS or GC bid for Viney..... MFC will pass.... Pick 2 & 3 in this years draft is to good to pass up..... MFC want Grundy, as a replacement for Martin..... I'm shattered because I was looking forward to watching young Viney next year....

If they want a replacement for Martin don't trade him.

• Like 1

I'll say it now this club needs to act as decisively as it has NEVER done before.

If we lose out on getting Viney by playing smoke screens and mirrors, It will have huge repercussions for a long long time

I have seen this kid play and Boy do I like what I see.

I can see a conflict of interest here and Todd Viney is at the crux of it.

IMO it is HIS call as head of recruiting and if he calls out his son at Number 2 I will be very happy and if not why not ! This is almost nepotism in reverse!!

In my opinion he is almost in a no win situation here.

I almost reckon he should publically come out and declare that he will have no input into this decision because of family pressure.

Time will tell and I hope this doesn't end up biting us on the Rump!!

Think combo Of Sellwood, Scott Thompson and Dane Swan and you end up with.... Jack Viney

take him at earlist chance or the devil take the hindmost!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 2

Mate there's 38 pages do you really think I'm going to read them all

If you are interested enough.

Bore yourself and read the thread - don't bore the rest of us by asking questions that I answered about 5 threads ago and in every thread since.

• Like 3

If you are interested enough.

Bore yourself and read the thread - don't bore the rest of us by asking questions that I answered about 5 threads ago and in every thread since.

I would prefer to bore you with the same questions thanks

Why do I have an uneasy feeling about this??

Gee I really hope we end speculation and just take him at our first opportunity!

Edited by picket fence

If they want a replacement for Martin don't trade him.

id prefer to keep Martin than Jamar..... But Martin is the asking price for Dawes...... MFC want Dawes.....

Hopefully No one bids for Viney and we get him at pick 100, but we know its not going to happen.... Grundy is Martins replacement.....

As we need to get to 1000 posts on this thread I felt compelled to add another

I am in the camp of get him at whatever it takes obviously hoping for a second round pick.

He has the aggression and commitment that I feel outweigh a theoretically quicker or better kick/ handball exponent .

There will obviously be angst if g c or gws nominate him ,I wonder if the essendon fan sites are also speculating whether any other club will nominate Joe Daniher .

Jack is clearly top Half dozen in the draft and for the pedigree and attitude if we pay slight overs so what .

He will be a long term quality and integral part of the side for a decade

Edited by Need neeld

If we don't pick him then I fear for the safety of the player and the sanity of our fans if JV turns out to be better.

I'm already convinced that if we take him at 3 he won't be any good. On the other hand I'm equally convinced that if he goes to the Gold Coast he'll be a champion.

Could be MFCSS.

• Like 2

There is no way that we won't take JV.

I have always thought it would be pick 3 however I am starting to think that we may get him 2nd round. I just hope that that we don't stuff up the other selections.

• Like 1

Listening to Hutchy, Dr Turf and some other bloke this morning they said the following:

They will walk from melbourne to Sydney if the Dees dont take Viney. Everyone in the AFL knows they will take him and Hutchie suggested that Melbourne had over played their hand with this one and were starting to look stupid in similar terms. He said they should just get it done already - make an unofficial deal with gold coast and gws and get the deal done before it causes more damage to our brand....

And they said he was rated by most in the top 5 by most recruiters not 8-10...

Don't be shattered, MFC will not pass on Jack Viney. Tough, skilled son of a tough, skilled dad who was a captain of our club. He has a passion for MFC and will not do a Scully or a Thompson. Who knows how the first 3 or 4 draft selections will turn out. Watts, Scully, Trengove all showed great promise but so far have not performed to the expectations placed upon them.I reckon we could write our own odds for a bet on Viney not being selected by MFC.