Bail to Blease - how the Dees are tracking

DirtyDees DDC

The MFC website has the first of 9 excellent articles by our ball movement coach Mark Williams.

The first article looks at Bail, Bartram, Bate, Bennell and Blease and gives a very good objective assessment of the progress of these 5 players over the pre-season. Mark looks at the strengths and areas for improvement for each player and I can't wait for the other 8 articles.

My only query is that the reports are almost too good. Eg; he mentions that Bail needs to work on his decision-making and Bennell needs to build up his strength. Are we giving too much information to opposition clubs?

Here's the link. hope it works.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/106430/default.aspx

The MFC website has the first of 9 excellent articles by our ball movement coach Mark Williams.

The first article looks at Bail, Bartram, Bate, Bennell and Blease and gives a very good objective assessment of the progress of these 5 players over the pre-season. Mark looks at the strengths and areas for improvement for each player and I can't wait for the other 8 articles.

My only query is that the reports are almost too good. Eg; he mentions that Bail needs to work on his decision-making and Bennell needs to build up his strength. Are we giving too much information to opposition clubs?

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/106430/default.aspx

Good reading, no gloss just honest assessment.

Pleasing to see that Blease is pitting himself against the top liners and performing well.

I don't think it is too much information, I doubt anything said here wouldn't have already featured in opposition player analysis in games- the research they put in to that is astonishing!

It is also fantastic the way the club is keeping supporters/members up to date and involved in the off season with great informative articles and interest generated through their website. I presume this is Matt Burgans influence...

I would love to see Sammy get involved early in the nab cup/preseason games. I really like Bail and hope his improvement has continued. And if Mastur can get back his fitness and confidence I still see an important role for him this year...

A great insight even if it is a dribble. Great insight for supporters and enough to tease us. But no doubt they will only give us lip service due to opposition interests.

Edited by jayceebee31

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Not much we didn't already know. Bail and Bartram have disposal issues. Bennell needs to focus more. Blease is still an unknown due to the injury and Bate is injury prone and has disposal issues.

A good read for the fans but other clubs would know much, much more than that about our players.

He’s among the top echelon in strength at the club.

I wouldn't have guessed Bartram was that strong.

I don't think so. Hardly 'smoking guns', and if opposition scouts couldn't work that out they're hopeless.

Pretty innocuous stuff. Every newcomer needs to "adjust to the demands of training". Every young player needs to "get their body right". Every older player needs to "capitalise on a great season".

That may be so but the comment he made in respect to Lucas Cook may be pertinent following a training report from one of the posters late last year. The poster thought he was perhaps injured but it may have been a case of him being exhausted. I must say that thought did cross my mind at the time and I hoped I was wrong, perhaps I wasn't.

Lucas Cook

Lucas was our first pick in the November AFL Draft. He needs to put on some size and develop some power in his body. He is an outstanding kick and we’ll be looking for him to work hard for the rest of the summer. He needs to adjust to the rigours of AFL training, so he can give himself the best chance to play in the seniors in 2011.

only 6/9 have been done so far... but an update

- Players in the rehab group= Davey, Fitzpatrick, Gawn, Jetta

- Players who 'need to get their bodies right'= Gysberts, Howe, Robbie Campbell

- Players who 'need to adjust to the rigours of afl training'= pretty much every first year player

Quite a few players not fit-n-firing, but i'm sure a lot of players who are in the rehab group pre-christmas will start to move into the main group post christmas with the season approaching.

It is also somewhat comforting to know that only really Davey from those mentioned above are in our best 22. Fitzpatrcik, Gawn, Jetta, Gysberts and the whole first-year group of draft picks and rookie picks would probably be expecting to spend the first few games at vfl level anyways.

only 6/9 have been done so far... but an update

- Players in the rehab group= Davey, Fitzpatrick, Gawn, Jetta

- Players who 'need to get their bodies right'= Gysberts, Howe, Robbie Campbell

A bit of a fine line between those two categories IMHO. Also, from today's, Joel Mac is listed as being in the rehab group.

It's going to be interesting to see who's sitting out the first intra-club matches, which must only be a few weeks down the track.