Grimes is wasted....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of jayceebee's best work here.

He's managed to incite all these responses without even forming a coherent sentence.

Take a bow John.

grimes has only played 18 games...he's been awesome...he's still a developing player,,,people need to remember that.

given the injuries he's had there is no rush to push him into the midfield. he's giving us plenty of run out of the backline,,,given that he's played every game this year is fantastic for us. I'm happy for him to get totally confident in his body and move into the midfield next year if required.

22 games this year at half back is better than 15 games in the midfield this year...i just don't want to see any melbourne player break down this year...

Edited by disco_demon

sure any monkey can play in defence...Drop Frank Grimes to Casey....

This is the most humorous thread i have read-Glad nobody here is on the selection committee!!!

Take a valium and go to sleep for the benefit of all please....!

sure any monkey can play in defence...Drop Frank Grimes to Casey....

This is the most humorous thread i have read-Glad nobody here is on the selection committee!!!

Take a valium and go to sleep for the benefit of all please....!

You do realise only one person suggested it don't you?

This is a great idea, drop Grimes, the guy who was responsible for our 3rd quarter come back yesterday! He only got the gap from 46 pts back to 14, what a poor effort! Surely he should have won it for us himself!

Possibly the most stupid thing I have ever heard????

In the 3rd quarter several of our players lifted a gear - Green, Scully, Bennell (was fantastic in the 3rd). But the drive came from Grimes. His first half was poor for his lofty standards, he was doing a bit too much Cam Bruce style work, but in the 3rd he got us going straight again and it was lovely to see.

As for the kicking backwards, when no one up field is giving any options then I'd try and switch it as well. Most of Grimes' switches were long and to space unlike some of our other players who really chip it backwards to the last line of defence.

Grimes will be a star, but he looked to kick sideways on almost every occasion yesterday, whether or not it was the best option.

I agree his decision making at times was poor as were some of his disposals but most of the 22 struggled for most of the day. I would love too see him play on the ball. Too suggest dropping him too Casey I think there might be some before him and he has some pretty good runs on the board

AGREE TOTALLY-The mistakes he makes in his decision making helped to bring us undone yesterday.Whilst he is a great kick and this is utilized when kicking out, he would be much better utilized in the centre or on wing. If not a run at Casey to help his decion making.

are u unwell? go into a dark room and lie down and think about above post, the get up, punch yourself in the face, then go lie down again!!!!

Edited by tarzan16

He's managed to incite all these responses without even forming a coherent sentence.

Take a bow John.

thanks CEO TO BE.

The kicking back is the gameplan/team rules you TWIT he is doing what the coach wants and that is setting up an overlaping player out of defense and switching to beat the zone (think soccer if it helps you)

How many times did players kick back against Brisbane.Virtually nil--and it was stated that we imlemented our game plan perfectly. No twit here. You are just a poster whom can't take it.Grimes has not lived up to his hype this year at this stage.Maybe a run in the guts may help him- because he cannot cope with pressure as yet IMO.

Edited by jayceebee31

How many times did players kick back against Brisbane.Virtually nil--and it was stated that we imlemented our game plan perfectly. No twit here. You are just a poster whom can't take it.Grimes has not lived up to his hype this year at this stage.Maybe a run in the guts may help him- because he cannot cope with pressure as yet IMO.

Well... He is probably top 3 or 4 in the Bluey ``at this stage``. What exactly were you expecting ``at this stage``, outright Brownlow favourite??

The kicking back was a result of Nth Melbs first class pressure and thats what won them the game.

Grimes to Casey calls, show your complete lack of understanding of the game.

How on earth can you say that.

And yes, Jack Grimes is certainly "living up to the hype".

Officially the worst comment of the week.

Why do I come here after a loss again?

What she said.

What he said.

Grimes?

Casey?

Wow

This is a joke, manage your expectations people, grimes to Casey - what rubbish.

WORST. SUGGESTION. EVER.

Unbelievable

Yep ... let's drop him. Terrible.

Take a bow John.

What they said.... .

I would like to add one bit, we were sitting up on Level 3 just right of the goal, Grimes had the ball and was looking for an outlet, we had 3 Melbourne players down the wing, he motioned for a bit of movement and none of the three did anything, one was behind a North's player, another moved closer to the touchline and the other just stood between a couple of North players, Grimesy tried to kick it long and it was marked by a North player uncontested.

Bruce had a go at Grimes and you could see Grimes say he had nobody to kick to, he was right, this happened quite a few times, all in all a lot of the team forgot to turn up on Saturday......

Edited by satyricon

Bruce had a go at Grimes and you could see Grimes say he had nobody to kick to, he was right, this happened quite a few times, all in all a lot of the team forgot to turn up on Saturday......

I didn't see that, but it's pretty ironic if Bruce of all people had a go at someone for making a poor decision or missing a target.

Pot. Kettle. Black

But you're right, Grimes had nobody willing to run towards him and make a decent lead.

It was only in the third quarter, when we were brave enough to take the game on that Grimes had more running options to dispose the ball to.

I mean Grimes can't do everything on his own. It is up to the players around him to give him an option if he is kicking it out of defence.

I would like to add one bit, we were sitting up on Level 3 just right of the goal, Grimes had the ball and was looking for an outlet, we had 3 Melbourne players down the wing, he motioned for a bit of movement and none of the three did anything, one was behind a North's player, another moved closer to the touchline and the other just stood between a couple of North players, Grimesy tried to kick it long and it was marked by a North player uncontested.

Its never worried Bruce not to have anyone to kick or handball to........does it anyway..with such wonderful results. Stick to your guns Grimes !!

Therein lies my point - the kid is creative, makes forwards run into space and adjusts accordingly. Not once in my post was I advocating a stint at Casey for Jack, I was looking to the coaching panel to fast track him, because he's got it.

The attacks on Jayceebee31 have been from those posters who get too emotive and can't read content. Grimes, Scully, Trengove, Moloney etc etc will now have to learn how to break the hard tag or the defensive zoning. Hopefully the coaching panel can help in this area and invent solutions and think outside the square.

I dont agree to the implication that defence is somewhere for your weaker players to play. Grimes is not one of those anyway. The half back line is where the ball should be turned over to us and attack is initiated so it needs players who can go from being accountable to grabbing opportunities, its where - dashers with ability to hit targets are essential. Leave Grimes where he is.