Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Brad Green

WERRIDEE

Port Melbourne v Casey Demons - Round 8

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

So you were at the game watching it live, or going on someone else's judgement, which like yours could be clouded by preconceived ideas and influences?

Mr Saty. This conversation started, as I recall, after I posted some comments after the final Practice game at Casey before the start of season, Casey demolished Box Hill.

You made remark that Tyson was among the best players, though I panned his disposal. For the record, I am one of many on this site who's eyeballs oscillate in opposite directions every time the Tyson lad passes to the opposition.

In the end, it's my observation. You have yours. I Can we leave it at that? What is the point of arguing about Tyson?????

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m surprised at all the Keilty praise. I really rate him.  I didn’t think his performance today was anything other than we have come to expect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

I’m surprised at all the Keilty praise. I really rate him.  I didn’t think his performance today was anything other than we have come to expect.

Dec and Harrison Petty I find hard to distinguish. I wonder if others do to. I thought Petty was very good and Dec solid in defence and good in the last when he went forward.  

 

Edited by Baghdad Bob
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Tyson is the new whipping boy, let’s face it. 

Looked a bit rushed with his disposal at times, but I would anticipate a recall after that performance.

Edited by the rolling fog
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Baghdad Bob said:

Dec and Harrison Petty I find hard to distinguish. I wonder if others do to. I thought Petty was very good and Dec solid in defence and good in the last when he went forward.  

 

must confess to the same problem (apologies to Drunk'n) but I am getting to know the Casey numbers a little better these days. Definitely some very strong marks to Declan in defence and a good goal in that last quarter.

Good to see Weideman at the ground ... wonder where he will be playing next week?

Williamstown by the bay next week ....Willy lost today to Geelong but are sixth on the VFL ladder with Casey third.

Just noticed some stats on the Casey site for today's game:

 

FT - CASEY WIN!! Strong game for the boys running out the better by 15 points #PJVFL

Casey 15.8 98 - @PortMelbourneFC 10.23 83

Stats
Stretch 29, C Wagner 28, Tyson 27, JKH 24
Goals
Balic 3, Bugg 2, Tyson 2, JKH 2, Garlett 1, Keilty 1, Munro 1, Quigley 1, Smith 1, C Wagner 1

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WERRIDEE said:

Tyson 27 disposals and 2 goals not bad for a so called hack.

Yes, because 27 disposals says it all.  What happens if 21 of them were ineffective?  How many touches he got means nothing unless we have the context of the disposals and how he used them.

Good to see Saty bringing nothing to the table, yet again.  Doesn't actually contribute to the thread but just wants to spend his time arguing with others.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

I’m surprised at all the Keilty praise. I really rate him.  I didn’t think his performance today was anything other than we have come to expect.

Those two sentences don't go well together, Wrecker.  Are you saying he had a good game today or he didn't?

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

Yes, because 27 disposals says it all.  What happens if 21 of them were ineffective?  How many touches he got means nothing unless we have the context of the disposals and how he used them.

Good to see Saty bringing nothing to the table, yet again.  Doesn't actually contribute to the thread but just wants to spend his time arguing with others.  

We know at least 2 of them were excellent!

What have you brought to the table?

Do you have details of his disposal efficiency today?

 Be nice if we stopped eating our own.

I’ll wait for the team report thanks.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dockett 32 said:

We know at least 2 of them were excellent!

What have you brought to the table?

Do you have details of his disposal efficiency today?

 Be nice if we stopped eating our own.

I’ll wait for the team report thanks.

 

 

I was there.

Tyson butchered it most of the time.  Got plenty of it, but butchered it.

So I've brought a nice roast to the table my friend.

How about you?  I'll wait for your report, big mouth.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Frost played a decent game although I did not like him interacting with the Port supporters... some are not quite your most polite supporters.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, dieter said:

Because until he repents and changes his sinful ways.....

Lighten up, DC, like I've repeatedly said, I like the boy, I instinctively like sinners...

c'mon dieter, this is the 21st century, there aren't any sinners, only victims of society and western culture

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, daisycutter said:

c'mon dieter, this is the 21st century, there aren't any sinners, only victims of society and western culture

No, there are turnover sinners who need to repent their wicked ways. Lucifer awaits...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ill  still wait for the report.

You can eat them up and spit them out if you like.

He’s one of our players  and played plenty of good games for us IMO.

Im not done with him.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

I thought Frost played a decent game although I did not like him interacting with the Port supporters... some are not quite your most polite supporters.

E Coli Wobbler material, I believe....

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dockett 32 said:

Ill  still wait for the report.

You can eat them up and spit them out if you like.

He’s one of our players  and played plenty of good games for us IMO.

Im not done with him.

 

For the record, I never said that I'm done with him.  I just questioned a poster who made the comment that it was good that a supposed 'hack' got 27 touches and kicked a goal, when any supporter with a brain knows that just posting how many touches he got doesn't tell most of the story.  I was there and he butchered it most of the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KC from Casey said:

I’ll leave this to Drunkn.

Want to thank you guys for progress reports and keeping us all in the know. It was a great effort, widely appreciated. Glad to hear that the Casey fellas did well, again. There seems to be some real depth coming along. Thank you, again.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dieter said:

E Coli Wobbler material, I believe....

 

I'd want a first round draft pick for him if not two !!

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Coward.

And for the record, I never said that I'm done with him.  I just questioned a poster who made the comment that it was good that a supposed 'hack' got 27 touches and kicked a goal, when any supporter with a brain knows that just posting how many touches he got doesn't tell most of the story.  I was there and he butchered it most of the time.

Nice bate. I’m absolutely quivering!

I wasn’t there but noted that others including Saturday and Rolling Frog considered he was amongst our better players.

You dont agree and I note also that he wasn’t shown amoungst the best players.

So conflicting opinion and I’ll wait for the match report and I’m certainly not going to can the bloke.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Tyson 27 disposals and 2 goals not bad for a so called hack.

Yes many here are lauding the win after bagging him till he helped get us in front

Edited by Bay Riffin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

I'd want a first round draft pick for him if not two !!

I like. I was referring to Port supporters....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mickey said:

Our key forward stocks not what we think they are, maybe. No pedo or weid, and neither of the rucks seem to play forward.

We need Pedo for 2019.   The tall utility.   back forward ruck.  our insurance policy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies for the late writeup, we went out for tea after the game.

Today was a hard slog but Casey's class and pressure won them the day. We were definitely lucky with Ports poor accuracy in front of goal, but that can be attributed to Casey's pressure not allowing them easy shots on goal. The 3 talls in defence in Keilty, Frost and Petty were fantastic and in a game with many momentum swings and the boys were able to hang on and get the win.

Tyson - Started poorly with many turnovers and wasted possessions but improved as the game went on too finish well and have a big impact on the game

Garlett - Quiet game, kicked a great goal but otherwise didn't do a lot

Keilty - His best game for the year. Found the ball plenty and mostly used it well. Had some great defensive marks and when thrown forward in the last quarter was able to be the key link up man for Casey. He's goal was reminiscent of the TMac out the back of the pack, where he just read it best and was able to get it off hands and turn around for an easy kick.

Frost - Some great marks and was solid all day. Had some nice run too.

Petty - Keeps improving each game, strong in the air and hardly beaten one on one.

Baker - Very strong second half, found plenty of the ball running from half back and had some impressive line breaking runs through the middle.

Stretch - Bounced back from a quiet game last week to be Caseys best midfielder for the day.

Balic - Was lively up forward and kicked 2 very nice goals, continues to improve each week.

Bugg - Quiet but I thought he did his role well, needed to find more of the pill.

JKH - About the same as his previous few games, nothing special

Smith - Had some really good one on one wins and was a good user.

King - First game back from injury, needs to build back into playing footy at this level

Filipovic- Did well in the ruck and got his hands to a lot of contests, just needs to hold some more marks.

Wagner - Had a solid game through the midfield and half back

Johnstone - Started to show better signs today, had some important defensive efforts today

 

Some bad news, Mitch White copped a heavy knock and seems to have done some damage to his AC ligament in his shoulder, might be done for the season.

 

Overall it wasn't pretty and Port played some hard, strong football but in the end the class of a few key players stood up and allowed Casey to win the day.

 

  • Like 19
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

And, in good form ot not, players like Tyson, Pederson, Hunt, Garrlet, Stretch, Bugg, Weid and probably a few more I'm forgetting would be walk up starts at probably 60% - 70% of the teams in the AFL.  It's a nice luxury to have to be letting these guys develop in the VFL ready for a call up once they hit their straps again or we get an injury we need to cover.

As you suggest it's a good indication of where we are at as a team at present.

Good call.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dockett 32 said:

We know at least 2 of them were excellent!

What have you brought to the table?

Do you have details of his disposal efficiency today?

 Be nice if we stopped eating our own.

I’ll wait for the team report thanks.

 

 

Hi Doc32.  maybe it would be worthwhile to send this sentiment to both parties (Wbd & Saty), in order of fairness, instead of just the retaliator.  one is a serial pest.

 

1 hour ago, Bay Riffin said:

Yes many here are lauding the win after bagging him till he helped get us in front

He simply has to get better with the footy. He is being overtaken by young kids atmo. We want Tyson to get better, but his run pace and disposal have not improved much, since he arrived.

I have him in the Bugg territory.   Both have to use the ball much better.

Tyson's list spot is in danger, unless he can do something to reinvent his game.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Want to thank you guys for progress reports and keeping us all in the know. It was a great effort, widely appreciated. Glad to hear that the Casey fellas did well, again. There seems to be some real depth coming along. Thank you, again.

There seems  to be some camaraderie there at Casey, because some past Casey teams may have folded with many players unavailable.

I think maybe the coach is doing well.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×