Jump to content

deefella

Sponsorship Problem?

Recommended Posts

Not sure about the angst at this point.

Haven’t we proved ourselves financially solid in recent  past ?

Be surprised if PJ didn’t get the job done.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dockett 32 said:

Not sure about the angst at this point.

Haven’t we proved ourselves financially solid in recent  past ?

Be surprised if PJ didn’t get the job done.

yeah no doubt but better crowds and the NT games have netted us a profit. Sponsorship is a reflection of purchase intent and amplification, and so long as we struggle to net long term partnerships, we'll never truly be able to compete with the big boys. Missing finals this year would have been a massive hit to the 2018 bottom line. it all flows on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To anyone at the AGM last night.

Was anything mentioned about loss of a major sponser /or any replacement?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, old dee said:

To anyone at the AGM last night.

Was anything mentioned about loss of a major sponser /or any replacement?

Didn't even know it was on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redleg said:

Didn't even know it was on.

Same here. I had no idea until I logged on here this morning

Astounding really as I do check my emails at least 2-3 times a day on a busy day....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, old dee said:

To anyone at the AGM last night.

Was anything mentioned about loss of a major sponser /or any replacement?

Not a word, old Dee. 

Seems the members present may have been treated like mushrooms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to be an alarmist, as we'r prone to be in these parts, but there seem to be some worrying signs.

I didn't receive an email or any form of notification RE the AGM and we definitely seem to have lost AHG as a major sponsor. It'd be great as a stakeholder, to get clarification on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, A F said:

Not to be an alarmist, as we'r prone to be in these parts, but there seem to be some worrying signs.

I didn't receive an email or any form of notification RE the AGM and we definitely seem to have lost AHG as a major sponsor. It'd be great as a stakeholder, to get clarification on this.

Nor did I.  Nor is there anything on club website advising of AGM Details.  (Not sure about twitter or fb). 

I have officiated at incorporated clubs and my recollection is that there is an ASIC (?) requirement that members be advised in writing of an AGM.  Not sure if this applies to AFL clubs tho.

Our lack of notification was either someone in the Comms department messed up (big, big time) or the club didn't want many members who might ask tricky questions and forgot to tell us. 

Whatever the reason, someone in the club needs to be quietly held accountable.  And perhaps, someone to revisit the AGM aspect of our Corporate Governance responsibilities.

Agree, alarm bells are not ringing but I do hear a jingle or two and they aren't from Santa and his Reindeers!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Our lack of notification was either someone in the Comms department messed up (big, big time)"...LH you are definitely on to something there.

My annual report and club financial statement turned up addressed to someone else entirely. I only knew to open the envelope because I received a call from the club that they'd messed up the mailing and I could go ahead and open the mail even though it was addressed to some bloke I don't know, have never heard of etc.

Something has gone awry in the club's records system. Having said that, my membership arrived pre-Christmas as promised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found AGM info on the club website without problem as I do each year. Not quite sure why you're all pulling your hair out when the required information is there for all to see as required.

 

Edited by LoveMyDees
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LoveMyDees said:

www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-11-26/melbourne-announces-agm-date

I found this on the club website without a problem so not sure what you're all going on about.3

Thanks.  That looks like the notice for the 2015 AGM.

Even so, I believe the requirement is for members to be individually advised in writing (paper or electronic) and provided with a copy of the Agenda and other stuff.  For example Richmond's is here.   http://www.richmondfc.com.au/club/about/annual-general-meeting and it lists the extra stuff.

It seems AGM communications have been a bit clumsy this year going on poster's experiences above.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both my missus and I recieved the AGM meeting letter and the proxy voter form in the mail about a month ago. I dont remember getting anything electronic at all though...

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eelesie said:

Both my missus and I recieved the AGM meeting letter and the proxy voter form in the mail about a month ago. I dont remember getting anything electronic at all though...

Thanks.

It looks like there was a mailout so my comments about members not being advised are off the mark but it appears that not all members received the letter etc.  Perhaps it is just a record keeping thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, LoveMyDees said:

Found AGM info on the club website without problem as I do each year. Not quite sure why you're all pulling your hair out when the required information is there for all to see as required.

 

That’s how l pencilled in the event as well LoveMyDees. 

I thought the turn out for the event was fair and about normal so at no time suspected any failure of the club. 

Until reading this thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Eelesie said:

Both my missus and I recieved the AGM meeting letter and the proxy voter form in the mail about a month ago. I dont remember getting anything electronic at all though...

now you mention it. i remember that too. i remember also placing it in the circular filing receptacle - lol

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Thanks.  That looks like the notice for the 2015 AGM.

Even so, I believe the requirement is for members to be individually advised in writing (paper or electronic) and provided with a copy of the Agenda and other stuff.  For example Richmond's is here.   http://www.richmondfc.com.au/club/about/annual-general-meeting and it lists the extra stuff.

It seems AGM communications have been a bit clumsy this year going on poster's experiences above.

Yes, realised as soon as I posted I'd included the wrong link, hence the almost immediate edit to my post. Looks like I wasn't quite quick enough for some eagle eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LoveMyDees said:

Yes, realised as soon as I posted I'd included the wrong link, hence the almost immediate edit to my post. Looks like I wasn't quite quick enough for some eagle eyes.

Cheers.  I just happened to be sitting at my computer and saw the notification. 

As it turns out your info is more correct than mine so thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pitmaster said:

"Our lack of notification was either someone in the Comms department messed up (big, big time)"...LH you are definitely on to something there.

My annual report and club financial statement turned up addressed to someone else entirely. I only knew to open the envelope because I received a call from the club that they'd messed up the mailing and I could go ahead and open the mail even though it was addressed to some bloke I don't know, have never heard of etc.

Something has gone awry in the club's records system. Having said that, my membership arrived pre-Christmas as promised.

ditto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hot as Hell said:

That’s how l pencilled in the event as well LoveMyDees. 

I thought the turn out for the event was fair and about normal so at no time suspected any failure of the club. 

Until reading this thread. 

Actually I thought that the turn-out was dismal and less than half full (it was the lowest turnout that I have encountered)! In PJ’s polished presentation, he thanked AHG and iSelect for their support and there was no indication that AHG was bailing. Another break from tradition as I remember it is when those present don’t sing “A Grand Old Flag” at the conclusion of the meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/12/2017 at 11:01 AM, Demonland said:

Perhaps not but sometimes those types of companies like to get involved in the local culture.

Given Amazon’s octopus reputation they would be more likely interested in backing “winners” or populist clubs like Collingwood. 

Edited by america de cali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, A F said:

Not to be an alarmist, as we'r prone to be in these parts, but there seem to be some worrying signs.

I didn't receive an email or any form of notification RE the AGM and we definitely seem to have lost AHG as a major sponsor. It'd be great as a stakeholder, to get clarification on this.

I got notification by snail mail 2 or 3 weeks ago. Included the proxy appointment form. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sort of related to the above discussion, while the club has truly become much more professional in the last few years with so much to admire, I think it is still a long way behind in its use of digital communications. (And this from a guy who doesn't use Facebook.) Its use of Twitter is spasmodic, its website is not kept properly up to date and the app has no real value. Digital marketing is an extremely valuable tool and it's an area the club needs to improve significantly. 

Edited by La Dee-vina Comedia
Fix embarrassing apostrophe errors x2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes and we still dont have pics of Lever or Balic on the Website

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Sort of related to the above discussion, while the club has truly become much more professional in the last few years with so much to admire, I think it is still a long way behind in its use of digital communications. (And this from a guy who doesn't use Facebook.) Its use of Twitter is spasmodic, its website is not kept properly up to date and the app has no real value. Digital marketing is an extremely valuable tool and it's an area the club needs to improve significantly. 

Gotta be honest here... who actually uses twitter? 
People with way too much time on their hands, those in IT, those in media, and those who are interested in self-promotion.
That's pretty much it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/12/2017 at 8:50 AM, Eelesie said:

Both my missus and I recieved the AGM meeting letter and the proxy voter form in the mail about a month ago. I dont remember getting anything electronic at all though...

No I got an email with notification, random nature of communication may explain modest crowd.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×