Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Peter Jackson Interview



Sign in to follow this  
Demon Jack

Tomas Bugg Opens Up

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Need to kick with moor force?  Pull the udder leg

Are you an atheist or an agnostic?

Try as I might mono I can never quite work out which.

Fair to say one of them!

 

Edited by old dee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, old dee said:

The new vintage ain't half bad Bbo

Send a box to The Manor od and I'll give you an ill considered opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, beelzebub said:

I thought it was to cast stones !!

You mean skipping them across the top of the water, surely ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

Amazing how people think he is a thug. Players have done way worse over there careers, take for example Alex Rance his hit on watts who wasn't even facing him I see as more of a thug act

Barry Hall is a much loved figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A really good article to read. He was honest, I don't think he held much back, it will be his lowest point for his career you'd think. The mark of the man is how he comes back from this. 

I think we played our best footy with him in there harassing and pressuring defenders, he got plenty of looks at goal but goal kicking let him down terribly at times. 

I feel there's a place for him in the 22, but he has lots to work on over the summer. 

Insights like this are important, they remind the public the players are human and not immune to online abuse. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, McQueen said:

Barry Hall is a much loved figure.

Interestingly he is also very repentant.

I've heard him on the radio say that his hit on Brent Staker was one of the worst mistakes of his life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2017 at 3:29 PM, Moonshadow said:

Houli's hit was alongside the play and he flung his arm back concussing the player. Bugg's was a direct punch to the face half a ground away from play, in fact the ball wasn't in play as it was yet to be kicked in from a behind.

Look at each player's history and reputation on the field, Bugg is a serial pest and antagonist. 

Doubt you'd be saying this if he was Christian or Jewish, Biff

I agree with you on the last sentence .

Buggs reputation came from playing a few tagging roles quite well.He was no Ballantyne.

The crap that went along with the Houli report was puke inducing

Bugg was hung out to dry by all and sundry.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Biffen said:

I agree with you on the last sentence .

Buggs reputation came from playing a few tagging roles quite well.He was no Ballantyne.

The crap that went along with the Houli report was puke inducing

Bugg was hung out to dry by all and sundry.

 

Biff you seem to be arguing about the severity of the sentence here but that is a very secondary issue.  He did the crime and he did the time and what it shows, rightly or wrongly, is you reap what you sow. He may well have paid a penalty for his show boating, staging and faux tough guy behaviour but he would have known that went with the territory.

I was ashamed of what Bugg did that night and didn't want him to represent the club again. I think my view was shared by many. Any defence of his actions that night are misplaced as they would be to support thuggery on the field. 

You can argue about penalties and "support" and "inequities"  but they are utterly secondary to the issue.

Having said that I was impressed by his article and everything he said in it sat well with what we saw. It would be nice if he got an opportunity to restore his reputation at AFL level but I'm not sure he's good enough and I'm not sure I want it to be with us.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Vogon Poetry said:

Biff you seem to be arguing about the severity of the sentence here but that is a very secondary issue.  He did the crime and he did the time and what it shows, rightly or wrongly, is you reap what you sow. He may well have paid a penalty for his show boating, staging and faux tough guy behaviour but he would have known that went with the territory.

I was ashamed of what Bugg did that night and didn't want him to represent the club again. I think my view was shared by many. Any defence of his actions that night are misplaced as they would be to support thuggery on the field. 

You can argue about penalties and "support" and "inequities"  but they are utterly secondary to the issue.

Having said that I was impressed by his article and everything he said in it sat well with what we saw. It would be nice if he got an opportunity to restore his reputation at AFL level but I'm not sure he's good enough and I'm not sure I want it to be with us.

 

it's happened before and it will agin.

I was happy with the punch. It was a beauty.

No need to re-invent the moral framework of AFL over it.

I've seen far more cowardly and violent acts on the field.

The greatest of all time for instance was a thug and and a vicious animal.

Bugg ,as he stated, missed his target and just clipped Mills on the chin.

Umpires play a role in this too and they are the most pathetic batch I've seen ever .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

IMG_0294.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, 3183 Dee said:

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

IMG_0294.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

I remember when this happened thinking that Papley seemed to really be enjoying himself, then saw Kennedy come sprinting from nowhere for a little looksy-poo.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Papley is as tough as Ronald McDonald in an IT movie. I agree ET re: enjoying himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks.  It was a good read.  It generated many pages of conversation in a thread about it at the time.

Lets hope th3 training reports are right and he is stepping up to a big 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×