Training today

Damo

I went down. i dont live far away and I saw the thread on ology so I took off.

The Junction Oval always looks good on a sunny day. The players had new balls and the session was relaxed and in high spirits. Teams split off into different groups and players came and went.Some had been swimming and they eventually joined in.

It wasnt a closed session and I counted three (3) other supporters there...one autograph hound, my mate who showed up near the end and another bloke near the old reception room. The players ran out of that little portable shed and it all started. DB came last walked right by and asked how I was going. Nice bloke, one supporter!

So what can I tell you?

Not much....

Petterd and Newton worked lightly.

But unless you couldnt do two laps jogging and handball drills you would be in trouble. It wasnt a hard session, it is tuesday and they played Sunday.

There was one player in trouble - Paul Johnson. If I hadn\'t seen media photographers taking shots I would have shut up about it as there was no one else there. And PJ wasn\'t hiding. He stood near me dressed in casual clothes. There was no one else near the race and I said \"G\'Day\". His hand is bandaged(and it may have have been plastered under the bandage) and I asked if it was wrist or thumb. he said it was his hand. I asked if he would play and he said he didnt know. My impression is that he knew he wouldnt play. I then complemented him on his recent form and brought up his bad luck \"just like the Sydney Game\". He agreed that his luck wasnt good. I wished him the best and he wandered up the race.

I realise there will be questions but it seemed everyone was fit and present except John Meesen. I couldnt think of anyone else absent.

T

he only other comment that may be of interest is that White, Jones and Brock did their laps and stretches on their own. Then for drills it was disparate groups of no particular makeup(backs, mids, etc)

I have only enough time to post this as I\'m off so I can\'t answer the queries.

That is a big loss!

One of our only shining lights so far this year. Hopefully he can get back in 1 or 2 weeks ya never know. I bump into him regularly shopping in Malvern and seems a good fella!Keep ya chin up PJ you will be a gun mate if u can stay on the park

That is a big loss!

One of our only shining lights so far this year. Hopefully he can get back in 1 or 2 weeks ya never know. I bump into him regularly shopping in Malvern and seems a good fella!Keep ya chin up PJ you will be a gun mate if u can stay on the park

I feel sorry for Paul. He has worked hard on his game and has improved markedly and yet has been struck dowwn a few times with injury just as he was getting on a roll. I actually feel he may have been leading our best and fairest. Anyway, get well soon PJ.

DAMN IT!

PJ has been greatthis season. Poor bloody bloke has worked his backside off, and was looking like making it as our top ruck stock for 2009. I hate to see this happen to him, let us hope he can bounce back and return to form in 4-6 weeks.

Jamar will get the nod.

Terrible news for PJ. Such rotten luck he's had with injuries, even before he came to our club.

Hopefully he makes a super quick recovery because god knows our ruck division is pretty weak as it is.

The thought of Jamar and White taking over the ruck makes me very nervous, but this could probably Jamar's last chance to shine and who knows... he just might... :mellow:

Bugger :(:unsure: was only talking him up to a mate today...bugger!! Full & speedy recovery Paul !!

Bails has always said he will reward effort and training so who's to say Meeson might not get a look in ?

very sad news.... and just as we're about to take on 2 clubs we could very well win against. Bugger.

His form and on field presence will be missed over the coming weeks.

Yep that is a shame, he has been playing well.

I'm a big PJ fan, get well soon big fella!

Franky,

Thanks for the report.

Two questions if you can answer:

No Meesen: Why?

Any sign of Moloney on the track and how did he train?

Moloney trained with enthusiasm. He and Bate seemed fit.

Who I thought was Meesen was in a tracksuit with a plastic cast over the ankle. I may be wrong because I dont know what he looks like. Sorry.

BTW The only player I saw DB giving one-on-one instruction was Chris Johnson.

That's the worst news i've heard all year.

Bad luck PJ, cant wait to have ya back in 4 weeks...

Mark Jamar has to be the LUCKIEST player in the AFL. PJ was looking set for a big 08 and not like ever turning back. That's twice Jamar has been thrown a career lifeline by a PJ injury.

Not good news on Meesen.

What the hell is a plastic cast? Is it for sprain/ligament damage or for a fracture? Anyone?