Trade Targets 2025

10 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

It’s well known that Butters refuses to settle down in Adelaide. Won’t buy a house, is not in a serious relationship etc. 

He wants to be back in Victoria one day. 

Well, it appears all 40 odd players on our list are leaving so we need to get active with our picks 1-40 and select a whole new team. Happy to start with Butters. Jokes aside our club needs to get a bit of mongrel in them and call out these so-called reporters for what they are. I'm getting a bit sick and tired of everyone having pot shots at us and no one stands up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

12 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

It’s well known that Butters refuses to settle down in Adelaide. Won’t buy a house, is not in a serious relationship etc. 

He wants to be back in Victoria one day. 

If there’s even a 1% chance he’d want to go home early go hard at him while we have pick 5 and a valuable future first 

I know Port would almost certainly say no outright but if he’s destined to leave anyway that would be a good starting point for them 

• Like 2

On 28/09/2024 at 14:05, John Demonic said:

A year ago we all felt we were one injury-free Melksham away from winning a flag, so it made sense to just do the deal for a pick that wouldn't make much of a difference the following year if taken to the draft. Easy to say these things now with hindsight.

I said it last year before we did the deal.  Hindsight wasn't needed.   The evidence was there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

I'll bet Butters ends up at Collingwood.

Nah Geelong I'd say. Darley is close enough that he might like farm life.

• Sad 1

On 29/09/2024 at 20:43, dazzledavey36 said:

Josh Gabelich on SEN crunch time today when finishing up talking about player movements and I quote... "don't rule out Kossie Pickett moving clubs"

Gabelich is throwing up so many kites. He hopes one flies but so many will just float away into nothing.  He’s still under Morris and McClure who are 5 💩💩💩💩💩rated dirt bags 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Docs Demons said:

Well, it appears all 40 odd players on our list are leaving so we need to get active with our picks 1-40 and select a whole new team. Happy to start with Butters. Jokes aside our club needs to get a bit of mongrel in them and call out these so-called reporters for what they are. I'm getting a bit sick and tired of everyone having pot shots at us and no one stands up. 

straight swap.  Butters for Oliver

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Gabelich is throwing up so many kites. He hopes one flies but so many will just float away into nothing.  He’s still under Morris and McClure who are 5 💩💩💩💩💩rated dirt bags 

Nah.

Gabelich is actually one of the better journo's going around.

There is clearly noise with Pickett, when there's smoke there's fire. It's been well known that Pickett has been home sick for a while so I don't see the issue in Gabelich reporting. 

Not once has he said he's definitely leaving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From Jon Ralph’s article today on Clarry:

“Melbourne’s determination to keep him is built on their belief they actually need to add to their midfield after Angus Brayshaw’s retirement rather than lose a star player who helped win the 2021 Grand Final.

In the club’s reviews after an 11-win season they were relatively happy with their trio of key forwards but knew they badly missed Brayshaw’s leadership and midfield nous.

Melbourne has made inquiries of many of the available key forwards in the competition in recent months, including Jake Waterman and Tim Membrey.

Richmond’s Tom Lynch is happy to stay at the Tigers as he finishes a long-term deal.

The Demons are still confident they will secure GWS swingman Wade Derksen, who kicked 35 goals in the VFL last year then played a mix of defence and forward in 2024.

But it seems unlikely the Demons will bring in an established key forward given the difficulty in acquiring a player who will be an upgrade on Jacob Van Rooyen, the re-signed Harry Petty and Daniel Turner. 

Instead a club which has pick five and a future first-rounder will be open to opportunities to boost its midfield weaponry.

The Demons have watched on as Hawthorn’s No. 5 draft pick Nick Watson made a huge impact in his first season including exceptional finals performances.

Taking that No. 5 pick to the draft, which has a pool of players with even greater potential, would give the Demons confidence that player could make an immediate impact in 2025.

The top 10 of the draft has elite mids of many types, as well as running half backs, key forwards and intercept defenders so pick 5 is a perfect position to choose a player who could end up the best player of the draft.

Trent Rivers moved into the midfield and won the fifth-most clearances for the club, while No. 7 Caleb Windsor made a significant impact in his debut season.

Judd McVee also got some time in the centre square late in the season.“

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Nah.

Gabelich is actually one of the better journo's going around.

There is clearly noise with Pickett, when there's smoke there's fire. It's been well known that Pickett has been home sick for a while so I don't see the issue in Gabelich reporting. 

Not once has he said he's definitely leaving.

It is semantics.  He said “don’t rule out Kozzy Pickett moving clubs”. Agree he’s not a dirt bag like Morris or McClure. 

By now, I hope the coaching group have a clear idea of the gameplan they want to enact, and trade and draft to suit that.  It seems the game is about defending the corridor more than defending the D50, and having fast players (by hand/foot and running wise) who have above average accuracy in delivery.

We will add a couple more talls to our list with Campbell and Derskin, so we should be pretty good in that department.  We can then go to the draft and secure midfield nous/run and skills.

Other trade targets - none for us I’d suggest at this point.  maybe moving points and picks about for this year/next year would be all I can see happening, as we are not a ‘destination’ club atm.

• Like 2

On 30/09/2024 at 20:47, Norm Smith's Curse said:

Heard a funny one about Zak Butters today. Dare to dream I guess.

I wonder if we're clearing Clarry's salary for Butters'...

1 minute ago, Adam The God said:

I wonder if we're clearing Clarry's salary for Butters'...

I think you’re dreaming. Why the [censored] would he want to come anywhere near our club. 

Just now, ANG13 said:

I think you’re dreaming. Why the [censored] would he want to come anywhere near our club. 

Things are never as good or bad as they seem, mate.

• Like 1