Trac’s 2024 Season Over

Watched the IV, he's still a Demon, totally open about it still being raw, everyone should stop tilting at windmills though, as he said hindsight is great.  $100 says he's a Demon next year. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, Demonland said:

Full Interview

Good to see Trac back on his regular gig on AFL 360 a couple of weeks after his injury.

It is staggering the amount of over reaction in the media re duty of care and whether he will play footy again.  He is probably lucky he didn't lose his spleen and will make a full recovery.  It is a difficult injury to diagnose which is evidenced by it being picked up after 3 MRI scans and that would have been knowing what to look for based on his symptoms.  It is also worth noting that Mason Cox lacerated his spleen and had internal bleeding that wasn't picked up until 4 days later by his GP and not until he had lost 3 litres of blood.

While the trauma of emergency surgery and having to have a blood transfusion would still be pretty raw I think he will play finals if we make it but that there isn't much point thinking about it until he can return to training which isn't for another 5 weeks to start jogging laps and then building to full training in the 5 weeks that follow. If we play well over the next 5 weeks I reckon Trac's focus will quickly change from recovery to rehab and conditioning. While he won't be able to regain 7+ weeks of lost fitness over 5 weeks, he would still be effective in the forward line or as a super sub in the 4th quarter.

This said if we don't look to make finals then Trac will be able to focus on his rehab and be fit for next year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Demonland said:

Full Interview

Full interview was much better thanks for putting it up. 
What a quality human being this man is- very lucky to have him play for us. I’ve zero doubts he will be playing for us next year. Hope his recovery goes well and he takes as much time as he needs to fully recover. 
On a slightly different topic I googled both his name and Clarry’s to check how old they will be going into next season- jeez there has been some amount of muck written about both of them lately. I’ve completely turned the media off this year( probably easier in Tassie) and get most of my info through DL now. 
Media really are going for us in a big way. Myself  imposed ban will be in place for a long time to come I think. 

Hope the recovery goes as well as possible for Trac and he returns as the happy go lucky bull of a player he has been for us for so long now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Colm said:

I’ve completely turned the media off this year( probably easier in Tassie) and get most of my info through DL now. 
Media really are going for us in a big way. Myself  imposed ban will be in place for a long time to come I 

My strategy this year and best thing ever. Only afl360 I've watched was last night's trac interview. Cancelling kayo after this season. 

He's all class and a wonderful human. The interview showed Robinson for what he is. Goes for whateley too.

P.s. of course danger gets off after smacking the opponents head into turf. But hey let's still all pile on Steven May.

Sheeesh!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Mel Bourne said:

Our Trac is one of the most raw, candid and charming AFL players that front up to the cameras, and seeing him so emotionally affected is tough viewing. The love for the guy from all the neutrals over at the AFL Reddit page has been heartening.

I genuinely hope I'm reading too deep into this, but I couldn't help but notice that when asked about the support he'd been receiving he said words to the effect of "the support from my family, friends, fiancee and the footy-world in general has been amazing". No specific mention of the MFC. I'm just going to assume it's because they don't start with an "f" and move on.

Rest up, champion.

"Footy club" does.

Just saying.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, DubDee said:

i get my posts deleted for posting nonsense rumours

if any mods have time please follow this guy around

farkin [censored]

Spot on. Demonland rules at their finest. You can’t post rumours if they risk litigation, even when true, but here’s this nonsense getting through the gate

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

Does anyone think, from that interview, that Tracc might decide to hang up his boots?

Absolutely, I do. A decision driven by family and not himself entirely. It was a “there’s more to life than football” sentiment. Would not be surprised if he hangs them up. 

The nonsense of him going to Collingwood is complete [censored] though. Who makes that stuff up. What evidence? What would they have to give up to even satisfy that trade?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

Does anyone think, from that interview, that Tracc might decide to hang up his boots?

I’m glad you brought this up, NC. I re-watched the interview twice and that’s the feeling I get. In fact, the more I think about it the more I feel that this is what will happen. Trying to look at it from Bella’s point of view: this is the man who she’ll marry and have children with. He came close to dying that day.

Also, when Tracc speaks its always easy to read between the lines. He said “I was rushed to hospital a week ago” then paused and said “for some tests.” Who gets rushed to hospital for tests? Then he said “I woke up in…” probably was gonna say pain but instead said “issues.”

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

I certainly wish Trac all the best.  As to any.  

For some Footy, any sport can be their one and only thing. Take that away and they can struggle.  For some others being able to play and to your talents abilities is exhilirating, rewarding but not necessarily all encompassing. He seems to have other feathers in his cap. 

In a sort of selfish manner id love him to return and rekindle his passion in the Red and Blue, but more holistically i'd just wish him well. There's a big world out there...footy is just part of it...it's just footy.

Go well Christian...whichever path.

• Like 4

On 22/06/2024 at 16:31, Young Angus said:

Anyone suggesting he goes to collingwood should ban themselves, it's just trolling obscenity. 

I have enough hearing this from colleagues at work, delusional filth supporters 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Collingwood is the be all end all according to them, the cornucopia of football. 🤢🤢🤢

• Vomit 1

13 hours ago, KingDingAling said:

Petracca will 110% be at Collingwood next year. That’s what I’ve heard. 

12 hours ago, DubDee said:

i get my posts deleted for posting nonsense rumours

if any mods have time please follow this guy around

farkin [censored]

15 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Spot on. Demonland rules at their finest. You can’t post rumours if they risk litigation, even when true, but here’s this nonsense getting through the gate

Simple solution: report the post.

The mods can’t be expected to read every single post as soon as they’re posted.

If you want to draw the mods’ attention to a particular post YOU NEED TO REPORT IT.

Definitely DON’T respond to it because doing so makes Andy’s job even even harder since he has to delete the post *if necessary then delete all the replies.

*I personally don’t think this particular post will be deleted because it’s not breaching any DL rules. It’s only guilty of monumental stupidity. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

this is all very mfcss with the 'he's going to retire'

i mean, it's 50/50 really, isn't it? either he will or he won't

i'm presuming come rd 1, 2025, he'll be prowling around the square

I don’t suffer MFCSS. Never have. I just made myself look at this objectively. Like every single other Melbourne supporter and most of the footy community I would love to see him back out there at some point in the future. I just don’t think it’ll happen. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I don’t suffer MFCSS. Never have. I just made myself look at this objectively. Like every single other Melbourne supporter and most of the footy community I would love to see him back out there at some point in the future. I just don’t think it’ll happen. 

if yr saying a player is going to retire as a result of an injury that's the epitome of mfcss - "when things are glum there's worse to come"

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’m glad you brought this up, NC. I re-watched the interview twice and that’s the feeling I get. In fact, the more I think about it the more I feel that this is what will happen. Trying to look at it from Bella’s point of view: this is the man who she’ll marry and have children with. He came close to dying that day.

Also, when Tracc speaks its always easy to read between the lines. He said “I was rushed to hospital a week ago” then paused and said “for some tests.” Who gets rushed to hospital for tests? Then he said “I woke up in…” probably was gonna say pain but instead said “issues.”

I agree you and @Neil Crompton

He was very emotional talking about Bella.  And who knows the long term risks of a grade 5 spleen injury especially regarding contact sports.  They have a lot to weigh up and I hope will put his long term health first, as much as it pains me to even think he might hang up the boots.

And before folks jump in and shoot us down for even thinking such, I'll just say some people and in particular females have a very good 'spidey sense' and as WCW says very good at reading between the lines be they verbal, non verbal or written.

Nonetheless, hope we are wrong and 🤞and 🙏 for him and his health and happiness.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, whatwhat say what said:

if yr saying a player is going to retire as a result of an injury that's the epitome of mfcss - "when things are glum there's worse to come"

It’s a feeling I get. I think if the decision was Tracc’s alone then yes, we’ll see him back out there. But it’s not his decision alone. His parents and other family members and in particular, his fiancé, will undoubtedly be advising him. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I think youre reading the tea leaves right  WCW. But he's also still traumatised and in pain and shock. Lets wait til it settles. If he's speaking the same way in 4-6 weeks I'll be right with you.  Its a huge thing to leave the game and opens up a massive hole in young mens lives when they do. So, he might change when things settle down and also when he gets back around the club again and feels the love everyone has for him. Hopefully he starts missing the game again. But if he retires for his health reasons then I will of course back him ...with a broken heart also...but will get behind our norm smith player whatever he does. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I agree WCW.

He was very emotional talking about Bella.  And who knows the long term risks of a grade 5 spleen injury especially regarding contact sports.  They have a lot to weigh up and I hope will put his long term health first, as much as it pains me to even think he might hang up the boots.

And before folks jump in and shoot us down for even thinking such, I'll just say that us females (and gents such as NC) have a very good 'spidey sense' and as WCW says very good at reading between the lines.  Nonetheless, hoping 🤞and 🙏 for him.

Thanks Luci. People don’t wanna entertain the mere thought of no Tracc. I don’t want to either. But if folks could just stop and think about the reality of the situation they might see that it is a strong possibility.

@whatwhat say what you said I think a player will retire “because of an injury.” This isn’t a garden variety injury. This is next level injury. Tracc almost died.

• Sad 3