Tickets to the KB game.

M_9

As a member with Away access I received an email from the club today saying as a ticketed event I would not be able to use my card but I could reserve a ticket. 
There’s stuff all available. I guess that the CFC reserve the bulk of tickets as the Tigers did initially.

If you’re planning to attend and you don’t have MCC or AFL membership it’d be an idea to jump on to Ticketek and see what’s available. Very little I suspect (back rows of Southern and Ponsford and two bays on level one Northern).

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, M_9 said:

As a member with Away access I received an email from the club today saying as a ticketed event I would not be able to use my card but I could reserve a ticket. 
There’s stuff all available. I guess that the CFC reserve the bulk of tickets as the Tigers did initially.

If you’re planning to attend and you don’t have MCC or AFL membership it’d be an idea to jump on to Ticketek and see what’s available. Very little I suspect (back rows of Southern and Ponsford and two bays on level one Northern).

There’s no level 1 availability, those two bays have wheelchair accessibility which is why they show up as available.

a thread was made weeks ago that this game was going to be sold out shortly.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

There’s no level 1 availability, those two bays have wheelchair accessibility which is why they show up as available.

a thread was made weeks ago that this game was going to be sold out shortly.

So much for my premium membership giving me access to all home and away games. Firstly Pork Barrel Park was removed, then ANZAC eve (temporarily), Pies …. Bombers and Pies (again)?

Edited by M_9

8 minutes ago, M_9 said:

So much for my premium membership giving me access to all home and away games. Firstly Pork Barrel Park was removed, then ANZAC eve (temporarily), Pies …. Bombers and Pies (again)?

Well not the Essendon and other Collingwood game because they are our home games and if you have premium membership I assume you have a reserved seat. 

For MCC members I believe reserved seats and guest passes go on sale 28th of this month 

Not surprised there are limited seats.   I purchased two reserved seats in late February when the earlier rounds were released

19 hours ago, M_9 said:

I understand the frustration but for games expected to have big crowds they don't have GA and the club communicated to members in February about purchasing tickets when the AFL opened everything up. 

Make sure you look out for it next year!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, deanox said:

I understand the frustration but for games expected to have big crowds they don't have GA and the club communicated to members in February about purchasing tickets when the AFL opened everything up. 

Make sure you look out for it next year!

All well and good, but I only want standing room (Southern stand) but I’m forced to pay for a seat. Like finals tickets, you’re only able to purchase a standing room ticket after all seats have been sold.

Having access to away games is being eroded more each year. First they scrapped entry to Kardinia Park, sold a game to the NT (no consolation getting free entry to the Hawks game as I already had that) and now more and more games are becoming ticketed. Fewer ‘free’ games but my premium membership goes up in price each year.

My tip for KB is 85k - similar to ANZAC eve when there was heaps of space, especially in standing room.

Edited by M_9
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, M_9 said:

All well and good, but I only want standing room (Southern stand) but I’m forced to pay for a seat. Like finals tickets, you’re only able to purchase a standing room ticket after all seats have been sold.

Having access to away games is being eroded more each year. First they scrapped entry to Kardinia Park, sold a game to the NT (no consolation getting free entry to the Hawks game as I already had that) and now more and more games are becoming ticketed. Fewer ‘free’ games but my premium membership goes up in price each year.

My tip for KB is 85k - similar to ANZAC eve when there was heaps of space, especially in standing room.

So wait for all seats to sell out. Will be end of the week and then they will put restricted view seats on sale. Buy one of those (will be very cheap) and just stand 

• Like 1

On 14/05/2024 at 14:46, loges said:

For MCC members I believe reserved seats and guest passes go on sale 28th of this month 

10.am. then club members after that at 12 or 2 I think

5 hours ago, M_9 said:

Valid points about the standing room, and I agree about the premium membership.

I'm in redlegs and they give us an option to reserve a seat on Level 1 for free for the Hawthorn replacement homegame. I'd rather pay and extra $20 on my membership if needed and get a LVL 2 seat. 

Posted (edited)

Why on earth do they call it a 16 game membership when there's at least one MCG game where I can't get in without coughing up more hard-earned ?

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Why on earth do they call it a 16 game membership when there's at least one MCG game where I can't get in without coughing up more hard-earned ?

As ****ty as it is (and a lot of us still remember the days where we played in front of 19k at the g against interstate sides and a max of 45k against bigger Melbourne teams) it is the price we have to pay of being involved in a game that is on track to draw 88k+ people.

It does also say in the terms and conditions:

• Additional fees and charges may apply with match access. Entry is subject to capacity and may not be guaranteed.
  • Like 3

I can see a time in the near future where we can't get any access to this when it's Collingwood's home game. The AFL wants all memberships to be reserved seat memberships (like Essendon at Docklands) which would mean no access for opposition supporters.

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can see a time in the near future where we can't get any access to this when it's Collingwood's home game. The AFL wants all memberships to be reserved seat memberships (like Essendon at Docklands) which would mean no access for opposition supporters.

I was happy to have a reserved seat membership, then they doubled the price by forcing you to pay for the grand final guarantee as well. If this is the desired future, they need to let people build their own packages.

Ultimately the club loses out, as evidenced by the sparsely populated reserved seat areas this season. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I have a reserved seat membership and I can’t get a ticket to this game. I needed to book back in Feb and pay a lot of money to get a somewhat decent seat. Considering my membership is almost $700 a year, that’s not good enough IMO. But I understand this isn’t on the club. Collingwood has a lot of members and they get priority at their home games. 

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No doubt about it. And then scalping will be on the cards again. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FearTheBeard said:

As ****ty as it is (and a lot of us still remember the days where we played in front of 19k at the g against interstate sides and a max of 45k against bigger Melbourne teams) it is the price we have to pay of being involved in a game that is on track to draw 88k+ people.

It does also say in the terms and conditions:

• Additional fees and charges may apply with match access. Entry is subject to capacity and may not be guaranteed.

Then they should call it "up to 16 games membership". Be up front and honest rather than use the fine print to disclaim

But I get your point about being relevant in front of large crowds, that is very true

• Like 1

I have an opportunity to go, unfortunately it is right in the middle of the Collingwood Members, (I did this a couple of years ago and was only person wearing red up that end), this year I might politely decline considering I'm not sue if I could contain myself anytime that No 4 goes near the ball, and it could get very ugly.