• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PODCAST: Rd 07 vs Richmond

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 29th April @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG against the Tigers in the Round 07.

You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show.

If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human.

Listen & Chat LIVE: https://demonland.com/podcast

Call: 03 9016 3666

podcast_badge_apple_space.png
podcast_badge_google_space.png
podcast_badge_spotify_space.png
podcast_badge_soundcloud_space.png
podcast_badge_youtube_space.png

Podcast0222.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

Would love to hear a bit about how you would rate Laurie's performance once he was subbed in for the final quarter. He's been a bit of a Demonland whipping boy and so objectivity around his performances (or bench warming traditionally) has been in short supply!

P.S. look forward to the new ep after your well deserved bye last week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's going on with our midfield group? I feel Petracca is regressing, Viney very inconsistent, Oliver and his hand, Sparrow far from his promised arrival to the front of the pack, No Gus or Salem.

Seems like the midfield group is now the forward line from last year.

I actually like Kozzy's cameos in the midfield, it injects energy and dare that is otherwise missing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good luck watching that one again Binman..

I really liked Rivers' game and he's making this level of performance standard. Can we expect to see him push into midfield soon? I really liked what the Bulldogs did last week with Ed Richards and feel this could be similar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, layzie said:

Good luck watching that one again Binman..

I really liked Rivers' game and he's making this level of performance standard. Can we expect to see him push into midfield soon? I really liked what the Bulldogs did last week with Ed Richards and feel this could be similar.

Just started it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 1

We seem to be playing well below our best... poor disposals connection issues and seem to make easy passages of play hard. Other teams always seem to find time and space and are better at kicking to advantage, these are basics especially for a team that has been consistently top 4. On the plus side after all this we sit 5 and 2 and in a strong position, Can we flick the switch and find our best when I counts?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank the demon for our defence.  Kept the tiggers to 42 points when we couldn’t hit a target to save ourselves.  Our game really starts and finishes here.

questions for the podcast:

was that the worst half of football you have seen us play since the ‘dark days’?

how did you see Petty’s game?

was that fatigue driven?  (Not goody’s presser answer re long breaks)

thanks again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Echoing buck_nekkid and many others about Petty.

In the last 3 games he's had 10 marks and 1 goal. In the last two games he's had 0 and 2 possessions up to half time.

Is it really just the interrupted pre season that is affecting him? It seemed like the Richmond defenders were getting a lot of marks in our 50 and we really struggled to get the ball to ground, interested to hear your thoughts.

• Thanks 2

Keep up the great work fellas. Disco Turner forward was a move that none of us saw coming. Does he keep his place when BBB is fit again? Or does Petty make way, possibly to find some form? Assuming we don't play all of Disco, BBB, JVR and Petty in the same forward line, what is the best mix of forward talls? And for that matter, is Petty a better 2nd ruck than JVR?

• Thanks 2

Missed you guys last week. Didn't get my Demonland Poddy fix so neither me nor my old pup Jonesy got any exercise.

I thought May's post game interview on channel 7 was interesting especially in regards to acknowledging the poor disposal and the turnovers that resulted and that rather than going into their shells and reverting back to long down the line after halftime they stuck to the gameplan. Thoughts?

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Keen to get the panels view on the season to date. 

I'm happy sitting 5-2, but realise we have a tough little block coming up. 

Whilst our form hasn't been our best in everygame, our results have been about as good as I would have hoped for. Losses to Sydney at the SCG and Brisbane aren't cause for dismay IMO. 

I think we'll learn alot about where we are at over the next 2-3 weeks, but I am continually frustrated by the posters on demonland and various social media platforms that seem to expect champagne football every week. A win is a win at this stage of the season IMO

Edited by DemonWA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

the first half wasn't pretty to watch but thank the heavens for Steven May and Jake Lever intercepting and marking everything. with the exception of one poor turnover kick by TMAC which cost us he has been fantastic as the third tall in defence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 24/04/2024 at 23:41, binman said:

Just started it.

Upon reflection.

Given how flat footed and error ridden we were again by foot.

Is it too audacious to hint at the fact Selwyn may have put abit of extra loading into the group to utilise the extra bye we get this year? 

Knowing full well we have enough talent to beat the tigers at 75-80% rat power?

It’s arrogant to plan a few weeks in ahead, but maybe the club is putting more weight into the upcoming games against the Cats (who we have an extra 3 days break on) and then the blues (5 day break).

These upcoming games are Top 4 shaping games. (8pt games dare I say it.)

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

Keep up the great work fellas. Disco Turner forward was a move that none of us saw coming. Does he keep his place when BBB is fit again? Or does Petty make way, possibly to find some form? Assuming we don't play all of Disco, BBB, JVR and Petty in the same forward line, what is the best mix of forward talls? And for that matter, is Petty a better 2nd ruck than JVR?

I think the club was looking at it at the end of last year before he got injured again, or they didn’t have the guts to pull the trigger on it in a final. 

• Like 1

I loved Disco’s game but don’t know a lot about him. Where do you think his best position is on the field, and how does he keep his spot given the competition for places? I assume bagging 3 goals is one way to do it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DemonWA said:

Keen to get the panels view on the season to date. 

I'm happy sitting 5-2, but realise we have a tough little block coming up. 

Whilst our form hasn't been our best in everygame, our results have been about as good as I would have hoped for. Losses to Sydney at the SCG and Brisbane aren't cause for dismay IMO. 

I think we'll learn alot about where we are at over the next 2-3 weeks, but I am continually frustrated by the posters on demonland and various social media platforms that seem to expect champagne football every week. A win is a win at this stage of the season IMO

Stay tuned for my rant on the podcast 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 26/04/2024 at 15:21, Demon trucker said:

Do you think that petty could do with a mini preseason 

I think he is? It’s just with an Adelaide jumper on!

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Doug Reemer said:

I think he is? It’s just with an Adelaide jumper on!

Nah Reemer, I have seen him in red and blue for many weeks now. 

FYI,  mind reading and catastrophising can lead to some very poor emotional health such as a negative mind set and the follow on gets worse. 

Chin up. 

• Clap 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just wondering what you thought about Caleb Windsor being subbed off in the last quarter? I know Laurie came on and made an impact but I thought Caleb’s game was ok. Are they managing him? I know he’s just a kid but getting some more game time into him on the big stage seemed to me to be a no brainer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Undoubtedly these questions will already have been asked, or will be covered anyway by the panel:

1/ why have our 3 midfield guns. Clarry, JV and Tracc gone off the boil at the same time?  I can't remember any of them let alone all having such a poor run of form.

2/ Is Harry's horror run of form mainly physical, or mental?  Does he need to see the team psychologist?  Personally I think suggestions of him having checked out are offensive.  Surely he would love another flag, even if he is planing on moving to SA sometime, and it would also lower his bargaining power if he ended up at Casey

3/ Who should take HBF while Bowey and Salo recover?  To me it doesn't look like Woey, at this stage of his career at least. 

4/ From whom are our goals going to come in the next two vital weeks? Fritta? Disco again? Petty? Smalls?

5/ Why was BBB played at Casey instead of being given a genuine rest?  He needs to be very carefully managed if he is to contribute come the business end of the season.

6/ is there any explanation at all for the turnover fest in the first half?  Probably the worst I can recall, and from both sides  

Thanks as always for your mostly positive slants on our beloved Demons.

Edited by monoccular
  • Thanks 2

Thinking about the long and short breaks, I noted that when we play Carlton it will be a short (5 day) break but the game against Carlton will be 

Our 3rd in 16 days and 4th in 29 days (11/4, 24/4, 4/5, 9/5)

While for Carlton it will be their 3rd in 13 days, 4th in 20 days and 5th in 27 days. (13/4, 20/4, 27/4, 3/5, 9/5)

What does the pod think is likely to be more important, the single short break or the cumulative effect?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thinking 1