Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PRESEASON TRAINING: Friday 2nd February, 2024

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQduzdkeRHfAUfW8lyI1Pk

Song by Deep Purple
  •  

Comin' out of nowhere, drivin' like rain
Stormbringer dance on the thunder again
Dark cloud gathering, breaking the day
No point running 'cause it's coming your way
Ride the rainbow
Crack the sky
The DEES ARE A coming
Time to die
Got to keep running
Stormbringer coming
They got all that you need
THE DEES WILL MAKE TEAMS bleed
Oh, yeah, yeah
You know their gonna get you
Rainbow shaker on a stallion twister
Bareback rider on the eye of the sky
DEES are a coming down, meaning to stay
Thunder and lightning heading your way
Ride the rainbow
Crack the sky
Stormbringer coming
Time to die
Got to keep running
THOSE DEES ARE coming
VINES gonna make you bleed (yeah)
Hmm-mmm, oh-oh, yeah
Comin' out of nowhere, drivin' like a-rain
No point running
'Cause CLARRYS coming your way
'Cause MAXXY coming your way
'Cause FRITTA'S coming your way
'Cause it's coming your way
BUUP BUP BUP BUP BUP BUP BUP BARRRRRRRR DA DA ( Ritchie's Guitar wail at the end!!😁

NO SHOWS/ REHAB 

PETTY, MELKS, HUNTER, FULLARTON,JEFFERSON, Not sure I saw SALEM

CLARRY  and VERRELL both doing a POWER OF RUNNING and sheeeeit does CLARRY look mean, fit and PUMPED

MATCH SIMULATION NOTES

Full match simulation of 4 quarters I which I saw 3 quarters

WINDSOR ... an abslute LOCK for round one, really surprised me with his turn of speed, precision set ps and pin piont disposal, might become our best ball user and Wow has he got some X FACTOR

DISCO TURNER ... probably the best I have seen him in match sims, deft movements, a turn of speed and makes very sound decisions

JACK BILLINGS … 
another LOCK for ROUND 1 just uses it so well, makes excellent position and his decision making was fantastic

SHANE MC ADAM … took not 1 not 2 but 3 MARKS OF THE DAY, will complement Fritta magnificently, just knows where to position himself, very very dangerous arond goal and will be an absolute SURPRISE packet

ED LANGDON ... HAD IT ON A STRING , Elusive, quick, precise and typical Langdon run all day

ANDY MONIZ-WAKEFIELD ... Again I mention him and although quieter later was heavily involved of the back flank, wing and anywhere else, CAN PLAY

SPARGY PANTS ... The Salt and Pepper man was in everything, played very well and bobbed up all day

TAJ WOEWODIN … A lot to like, gets involved is fearless and sets up the play very very well. One to definately keep an eye on

KYNAN BROWN … Just NEVER GIVES IN, just gives and Gives with second and third efforts, good skill set and elusiveness

SHACHE ATTACKY … Did some very good things took some marks, was very competetive with Max and although overshadowed, I can ALMOST see him playing round 1 based on today

ONE WORD SUMMATIONS

MAX, Outstanding
KOSSY Freakish
TOMLINSON Belongs
VINES Beast
MAY Fearless
LEVER Methodical
TRACC Superstar

A lot going right, very high standard game and one which should give the selectors plenty to think about in the coming weeks.

Cheers PF 

P.S Saw one Slthera dead on the road , but still wisely went around it! 😱

• Like 25
  • Thanks 13
  • Love 4
  • Clap 5

• Demonland changed the title to PRESEASON TRAINING: Friday 2nd February 2024
  • picket fence changed the title to PRE SEASON TRAINING CASEY FIELDS FRIDAY 2 FEB

8 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Song by Deep Purple
  •  

Ride the rainbow
Crack the sky
The DEES ARE A coming
Time to die
Got to keep running
Stormbringer coming
Oh, yeah, yeah
Ride the rainbow
Crack the sky
Stormbringer coming
Time to die
Got to keep running
THOSE DEES ARE coming
Hmm-mmm, oh-oh, yeah
No point running
BUUP BUP BUP BUP BUP BUP BUP BARRRRRRRR DA DA ( Ritchie's Guitar wail at the end!!😁

NO SHOWS/ REHAB 
CLARRY  and VERRELL both doing a POWER OF RUNNING and sheeeeit does CLARRY look mean, fit and PUMPED

MATCH SIMULATION NOTES
WINDSOR ...an abslute LOCK for round one, really surprised me with his turn of speed, precision set ps and pin piont disposal, might become our best ball user and Wow has he got some X FACTOR
DISCO TURNER...probably the best I have seen him in match sims, deft movements, a turn of speed and makes very sound decisions
JACK BILLINGS ..another LOCK for ROUND 1 just uses it so well, makes excellent position and his decision making was fantastic
SHANE MC ADAM, took not 1 not 2 but 3 MARKS OF THE DAY,will complement Fritta magnificently, just knows where to position himself, very very dangerous arond goal and will be an absolute SURPRISE packet
ED LANGDON... HAD IT ON A STRING , Elusive, quick, precise and typical Langdon run all day
ANDY MONIZ-WAKEFIELD..Again I mention him and although quieter later was heavily involved of the back flank, wing and anywhere else, CAN PLAY
SPARGY PANTS.. The Salt and Pepper man was in everything, played very well and bobed up all day
TAJ WOEWODIN..A lot to like, gets involved is fearless and sets up the play very very well. One to definately keep an eye on
KYNAN BROWN..Just NEVER GIVES IN, just gives and Gives with second and third efforts, good skill set and elusiveness
SHACHE ATTACKY Did some very good things took some marks, was very competetive with Max and although overshadowed, I can ALMOST see him playing round 1 based on today

ONE WORD SUMMATIONS
MAX, Outstanding
KOSSY Freakish
TOMLINSON Belongs
VINES Beast
MAY Fearless
LEVER Methodical
TRACC Superstar

A lot going right, very high standard game and one which should give the selectors plenty to think about in the coming weeks.
Cheers PF 

Thanks PF!

Did you see the May incident and any concerns?

• Like 1

Picket thanks

now given your locks for round 1

what is your expectation as to who plays and their position 

can hardly wait

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Thanks PF!

Did you see the May incident and any concerns?

If it was the one just before half time yes, and he got up and continued playing. If it was later in last quarter I didn't see it!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Song by Deep Purple
  •  

Ride the rainbow
Crack the sky
The DEES ARE A coming
Time to die
Got to keep running
Stormbringer coming
Oh, yeah, yeah
Ride the rainbow
Crack the sky
Stormbringer coming
Time to die
Got to keep running
THOSE DEES ARE coming
Hmm-mmm, oh-oh, yeah
No point running

NO SHOWS/ REHAB 

MATCH SIMULATION NOTES
WINDSOR ...an abslute LOCK for round one, really surprised me with his turn of speed, precision set ps and pin piont disposal, might become our best ball user and Wow has he got some X FACTOR
DISCO TURNER...probably the best I have seen him in match sims, deft movements, a turn of speed and makes very sound decisions
JACK BILLINGS ..another LOCK for ROUND 1 just uses it so well, makes excellent position and his decision making was fantastic
SHANE MC ADAM, took not 1 not 2 but 3 MARKS OF THE DAY,will complement Fritta magnificently, just knows where to position himself, very very dangerous arond goal and will be an absolute SURPRISE packet
ED LANGDON... HAD IT ON A STRING , Elusive, quick, precise and typical Langdon run all day
ANDY MONIZ-WAKEFIELD..Again I mention him and although quieter later was heavily involved of the back flank, wing and anywhere else, CAN PLAY
SPARGY PANTS.. The Salt and Pepper man was in everything, played very well and bobed up all day
TAJ WOEWODIN..A lot to like, gets involved is fearless and sets up the play very very well. One to definately keep an eye on
KYNAN BROWN..Just NEVER GIVES IN, just gives and Gives with second and third efforts, good skill set and elusiveness
SHACHE ATTACKY Did some very good things took some marks, was very competetive with Max and although overshadowed, I can ALMOST see him playing round 1 based on today

ONE WORD SUMMATIONS
MAX, Outstanding
KOSSY Freakish
TOMLINSON Belongs
VINES Beast
MAY Fearless
LEVER Methodical
TRACC Superstar

Cheers PF 

Best training review I've read.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, picket fence said:

WINDSOR ... an abslute LOCK for round one, really surprised me with his turn of speed, precision set ps and pin piont disposal, might become our best ball user and Wow has he got some X FACTOR

I could get mildly excited based on that review.

Could he be the Will Ashcroft of 2024?

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thinking 1

35 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Song by Deep Purple
  •  

Ride the rainbow
Crack the sky
The DEES ARE A coming
Time to die
Got to keep running
Stormbringer coming
Oh, yeah, yeah
Ride the rainbow
Crack the sky
Stormbringer coming
Time to die
Got to keep running
THOSE DEES ARE coming
Hmm-mmm, oh-oh, yeah
No point running

NO SHOWS/ REHAB 

MATCH SIMULATION NOTES

ONE WORD SUMMATIONS
MAX, Outstanding
KOSSY Freakish
TOMLINSON Belongs
VINES Beast
MAY Fearless
LEVER Methodical
TRACC Superstar

Cheers PF 

How did Howes and Bowey go?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

I could get mildly excited based on that review.

Could he be the Will Ashcroft of 2024?

I would hope so but not holding my breath. Ashcroft dominated junior footy which you cannot say the same about Windsor. First year breakout players are incredibly rare and having that type of expectation is bound to result in disappointment. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

WINDSOR ... an absolute LOCK for round one

so, if Windsor is a lock (and that's exciting for selection, and I look forward to seeing if he gets a run in the preseason matches to start) which wing position does he take then? Hunter if his niggles persist I suppose?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

JACK BILLINGS … another LOCK for ROUND 1 just uses it so well, makes excellent position and his decision making was fantastic

TAJ WOEWODIN ... A lot to like, gets involved is fearless and sets up the play very very well. One to definately keep an eye on

I thought these 4 guys had quiet match simulations last Friday, good to see positive signs today. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, picket fence said:

If it was the one just before half time yes, and he got up and continued playing. If it was later in last quarter I didn't see it!

It was during the last quarter, I didn't actually see exactly what happened I just saw him coming off the ground. Hopefully it's nothing to serious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smiFFy said:

so, if Windsor is a lock (and that's exciting for selection, and I look forward to seeing if he gets a run in the preseason matches to start) which wing position does he take then? Hunter if his niggles persist I suppose?

If Hunter misses and Windsor were to play round zero, I could see Brayshaw (thanks to his versatility) and Windsor sharing/rotating on one of the wings. When Windsor's on the wing, Brayshaw spends time in the centre or on the bench. I would imagine Windsor would get low minutes and then be subbed off if he isn't dominating.

I couldn't see Windsor having a full game on the wing based on what I saw last Friday, and probably not a game full stop. Having said that, Laurie played the final praccy game against Richmond, looked miles off the pace, but was selected for round 1 last year.

Billings could also be an option to play minutes on Hunter's vacant wing.

• Like 5

• Demonland changed the title to PRESEASON TRAINING: Friday 2nd February 2024
1 hour ago, picket fence said:

NO SHOWS/ REHAB 

MATCH SIMULATION NOTES

ONE WORD SUMMATIONS
MAX, Outstanding
KOSSY Freakish
TOMLINSON Belongs
VINES Beast
MAY Fearless
LEVER Methodical
TRACC Superstar

Cheers PF 

Many thnaks for your great work on here.PF.

I'm interested to hear not your starting 22 yet, but the 'locks' and who you think conversely are at risk of missing out as a result of these newcomers.

Thanks in anticipation

• Like 2

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

To be honest didnt notice Bowser or Sparrow, but Howes was there!

You’ve yet to highlight JVR all summer in any training reports Picket, is this because his name’s not  Ben Brown or has he actually not been getting near it much in sims? Would be nice to hear he’s kicking goals and taking marks 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

Song by Deep Purple
  •  

Ride the rainbow
Crack the sky
The DEES ARE A coming
Time to die
Got to keep running
Stormbringer coming
Oh, yeah, yeah
Ride the rainbow
Crack the sky
Stormbringer coming
Time to die
Got to keep running
THOSE DEES ARE coming
Hmm-mmm, oh-oh, yeah
No point running

NO SHOWS/ REHAB 

MATCH SIMULATION NOTES

ONE WORD SUMMATIONS
MAX, Outstanding
KOSSY Freakish
TOMLINSON Belongs
VINES Beast
MAY Fearless
LEVER Methodical
TRACC Superstar

Cheers PF 

Thought this was a "Lazy" report, oh hang on wrong Album...Thanks for the update PF

• Like 1

Thanks WCW for your relayed report very entertaining and picket fence for venturing out to slithersville, very upbeat and informative. Sounds like Windsor is rewarding our recruitment team for their confidence in taking him at No. 7. A lot of knowledgeable posters on this site have been calling out for some outside pace and silky skills to improve our I50 delivery, The Duke, Bowser, Spargs, Billing’s, Kozzie and maybe McAdam can improve this weakness in our game plan.

• Like 4

I headed down to Casey for a few hours this morning whilst I was “out seeing a client” 😉.  It was hard to tell who was who on occasion as a lot of them didn't have numbers on the jumpers and were wearing caps. So go easy if I botch a few things here. I’ll do my best to share my observations.

I arrived around 9.40 and the drills were underway. Clarry was running at a solid pace for most of the session and according to the man himself he thinks he is a “couple of weeks away” from joining the main group.

Will Verrall did quite a solid amount of running along the boundary with Clarry and didn’t look far off.

Viney wasn’t participating in the drills when I first arrived but joined shortly after and played through the entire match sim later in the session. Whatever he limped off with the other day clearly is no issue. Fullarton also jogged for about an hour and didn’t seem to be uncomfortable but was at minimal pace. Salem was hanging around near the interchange bench for a while during match sim, but he did not train at all to my knowledge.

I didn’t see Petty, Bowey, BB, Hunter, Melky, or Smith at all. They may have been on the far side of the ground from me or inside on the bikes, but as far as I can tell none of them participated today. Jefferson participated in a few drills, but I didn’t notice him after the first 20 minutes. There were about 30 mins or so of ball movement drills before the good stuff started!

Match Sim was made up of 3, 20 minutes “quarters” and there was AFL Umpires there to officiate.  The teams started off with what seemed to be a mix of the best 22 and depth players on both sides, with the starting backs lined up on the starting fwds.  Having said that the blue team was clearly stronger through the middle, even with Gawny and a few others on team white.  

After the first 2 “quarters” there was a changeup in teams and the blue team was stacked with our likely best 22. Interestingly ANB, Billings and Thommo all lined up in for the white team. Some interesting inclusions on team blue included Windsor on the wing and Howes and Macca playing down back. Macca looks fit and held his own today. Thommo and Disco might be stuck in Casey for a while longer it seems, although both did some nice things. Our key defensive depth looks great…. The key forwards on the other hand look very thin. Roo was quiet today but is a great focal point when moving the ball forward. However as good as he is as a target, we really need another Key Fwd to step up or it might be much of the same in 2024.

There seemed to be a focus on scoring quickly and coming from behind in this period, The white team were given a 30 odd point lead for the blues to hunt down, which they did comfortably.  At one point during match sim Laurie received the ball during a center square stoppage and blasted it forward in a hurry. Chappy then yelled out, “Connect Bill, Connect!”  I liked this as it shows they are working on a major issue we have had for the past 2 seasons. A work in progress but at least a sign they are addressing it. I was pleasantly surprised with our game style today, I thought the ball movement looked much faster then previous years and they used the corridor quite often too, this had mixed results but that's to be expected. 

Although Blue dominated the session, I must say there were some good signs from our younger brigade and depth players. All the draftees took part in the match Sim and showed signs of what they could become. Really liked Kolts energy and attitude, a future leader in the making IMO. Kynan had some very nice moments and looks like an absolute work horse, just goes, and goes. And Windsor…. Ill get back to this lad.

Taj lined up in quite a few CBAs and did some nice things when faced up against our starting Mids, He really stood out to me today, as did Laurie. Positive signs aside, Gawn, Track, Viney & Gus were our starring 4 for blue at this point, and they looked  levels above the opposition. Overall, the standard was to good watch and I left with optimism for the season and our future with our youngins all showing a bit. Just some notes on individuals:

ANB - Undoubtably starting 22, he was BOG for white by a country mile IMO. Great player for our young players to watch and learn from.

Kosi – Everything he touches turns to gold. He really stands out with everything he does. He does stuff that no one else on the list can.

Track - looks to be in extremely good nick and was just a powerful beast all day.

Viney - Seemed completely unhindered to me and at times untouchable. Kicked a very nice goal during match Sim.

Gus – Looks to be fine after his big knock. Played a mix of halfback and midfield. I really like the look of him in the guts and should stay there until Clarry is back IMO. Track, Oliver, Viney, Gus should be our priority mids in 2024. Elite!

Windsor – I will be shocked if he doesn’t play round 1. It’s the first time I have seen him play live in any form and he looks like a ripper. Used the ball well, ran hard to give and receive, competed better than expected in the contest and just looked like he belongs.  I may have just caught him on a good day and his consistency might not be there yet, but I am a fan already. A shoe in to take Hunter’s role, just a matter of when.

Sparrow – I know some on here are big Tommy fans, but from what I saw today he is in danger of losing his spot to one of the young and hungry up and comers if he doesn’t improve.  He just seems to have stagnated. Taj, Kynan, Kolt, Lauire could all push him out if he is not careful.

Schache – Never been a fan of this bloke, however I must admit he impressed me today. Got bullied a tad in the ruck Vs Gawn but that’s to be expected. He shouldn’t have to go up against many starting rucks at AFL level and from what I saw today he may well be our backup ruck/fwd this year.  He had a great moment when he competed in the ruck with Gawn, smothered an attempted clearance kick then followed up with a big tackle locking it in. The boys and coaches loved it!

Laurie – Thought he was a mile off the pace in his AFL games last year but looks to have stepped it up bigtime. He found a lot of the ball and looked clean, calm, and effective.

Howes – Not sure if he will play down back in the AFL but during the drills and match sim he had moments that made you take notice. The kid can play, just not sure how he gets a look in.

McAdam – Took a few BIG marks, one on poor old Gawnys back. He must be getting sick of that! McAdam will add to our forward line potency for sure. He didn’t get a huge amount of it but he was impactful. Looks the goods.

Spargo – Looks super fit and was his creative self. Big fan!

Lever – Loved his voice and leadership, I still think he will be our captain one day.

Gawn – Dominated the ruck and was never out marked as expected. Today did highlight how badly we need to ruck depth ASAP though.

Anyhow, it was a great morning, and I am excited for the season to start!

I’ll do my best to answer Any questions you lot may have!

GO DEES!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 15
  • Clap 1