Steven May Hospitalised

Dannyz

3 hours ago, dees189227 said:

Well the pies fans aren't to sympathetic. 

Just glad he's alright. Anaphylaxis is very serious. 

I’m surprised there wasn’t a horde of them outside the venue doing the long Collingwood chant as he was being loaded into the ambo, struggling to breath. 🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, WinterofDiscontent said:

"We're better than them" "Play out brand, we've got them covered" "We know we're a better side" is the exact sort of messaging that would be used internally in every single game they go out to play. In the week leading up to it, pre game, during quarter breaks, the works. Calling it immature, arrogant or spoilt shows an enormous lack of understanding about the psychology required to will yourself to contest after contest, and how important trusting your teammates to best their opponents is. Without that mindset, you're on a hiding to nothing, and every contest becomes about luck because you're not there utterly convinced that you can beat your man. 

He never once made an excuse in saying what he said. It was almost the exact opposite - that it was hard and he hating watching the Pies go on and win the flag because he knows we're better. That's an admission of failure that's now burning, not an excuse. 

Apologies, it wasn't an excuse. 

It was just poorly articulated from a senior leader to a public audience which is obviously going to get out. 

It just seems really childish and irks me. You can't say you're better than a team that just won the flag and you lost to them in the quarter final. It just doesn't make sense! 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

48 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Right, so it burns - internalise it, keep it in a closed space

I'm not a fan of the rant

Not being a fan of the rant is hugely different from declaring it immature, spoilt, arrogant and claiming it was an excuse. But see how easy it is to maybe go a bit over the top in an answer and maybe get carried away using language that isn't necessarily reflective of your whole thoughts on a situation? 

7 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I highly doubt May hasn't had shellfish before, so I'm curious from a scientific point of view as to how he had an allergic reaction this time. I didn't know it was possible to have an allergic reaction to something one has previously not been allergic to.

It most definitely is possible and does happen. I know several people who’ve had a one-off reaction to specific food. In one case it was from the humble tomato. Had never happened before, has never happened since. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

Apologies, it wasn't an excuse. 

It was just poorly articulated from a senior leader to a public audience which is obviously going to get out. 

It just seems really childish and irks me. You can't say you're better than a team that just won the flag and you lost to them in the quarter final. It just doesn't make sense! 

i thought it was bloody brilliant and turned me from miserable to fired up for next year. that unfiltered passion will sign up new members 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, DubDee said:

i thought it was bloody brilliant and turned me from miserable to fired up for next year. that unfiltered passion will sign up new members 

100% Dub. This is the most buoyant I’ve felt since Maynard was let off, which was the lowest point in my time as a Dees supporter. I’ve been desperately hoping for a catalyst ever since, and Maysie’s raw and heartfelt comments are proving to be a kickstart to that end. I only wish there was more of this brutally honest expression from players. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

100% Dub. This is the most buoyant I’ve felt since Maynard was let off, which was the lowest point in my time as a Dees supporter. I’ve been desperately hoping for a catalyst ever since, and Maysie’s raw and heartfelt comments are proving to be a kickstart to that end. I only wish there was more of this brutally honest expression from players. 

us irish appreciate a bit of feckin cursin too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DubDee said:

us irish appreciate a bit of feckin cursin too!

It’s in our DNA.

My hipster sons reckon I make Gordon Ramsay sound like Mary Poppins. I just tell them to GAGF. 😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Demonsone said:

Not a huge fan of what he said … sure say we can match it with the best etc but don’t give the filth opportunity to come back as they are plastering thus all over social media & the pies are going to town on him & the club 

They should be going to town. 

We lost

Straight sets twice

Hard look in mirror time if you ask me

• Like 2

He wont be getting any "get well soon" cards from the Pies.

Good. I'm glad May stuck it up Collingwood regardless of whether he was right or not.

Tired of people who insist on being civil and polite all the time. We're talking about Collingwood who chanted while Brayshaw lay unconcious.

Get under their skin at every opportunity. The Filth will boo Brayshaw in the KB game mext year. I hope May keeps annoying them .

• Like 3
  • Clap 2

2 hours ago, WinterofDiscontent said:

Not being a fan of the rant is hugely different from declaring it immature, spoilt, arrogant and claiming it was an excuse. But see how easy it is to maybe go a bit over the top in an answer and maybe get carried away using language that isn't necessarily reflective of your whole thoughts on a situation? 

You and I both know that actions speak louder than words

That first tackle, that first bump, that first intercept mark has infinitely more clout than 'We shoulda....'

2 hours ago, DubDee said:

Same for me. [censored] Collingwood and their snowflake supporters. 

• Like 3
  • Clap 2

11 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

You and I both know that actions speak louder than words

That first tackle, that first bump, that first intercept mark has infinitely more clout than 'We shoulda....'

Indeed it does. Hence why I'm not remotely bothered by the thoughts and words of a bloke 12 red wines in who spoke candidly. I don't think it's evidence of anything and needs no further examination. 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

On a serious note, May's comments are indicative of what is wrong with the MFC at the moment.

Stop complaining, whinging and behaving like spoilt brats.

We are looking like the 2004 Port Adelaide side who should have had a dynasty, but didn't, because they were sooky arrogant frogs.

Edited by Stretch Johnson
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, DubDee said:

Me too i liked it. For those that say we gave the Pies a target on our backs, i would respond saying that they have a much bigger target on theirs:

1. Being the premiership team, they will become the hunted

2. Maynardgate

If we let them take hold of the narrative and make it about May's comments rather than the above, then we "fire-in-the-belly" to add to the list.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WinterofDiscontent said:

Indeed it does. Hence why I'm not remotely bothered by the thoughts and words of a bloke 12 red wines in who spoke candidly. I don't think it's evidence of anything and needs no further examination. 

I'm not examining - please stop with the assumption

I said that my preference would be to keep this matter 'in-house' - he can say, and did say, 12 red wines of commentary

I, too, am not remotely bothered

Fin

Edited by jumbo returns

Do you secretly think May means we were the better team but our forward line couldn't kick straight and the mids kept kicking them out on the full or shanking them.

He is probably frustrated the backline went ok but watching miss after miss annoyed him, because it annoyed me.

Unfortunately there's not to much you can come back to pies fans with. 

They're the ones that won the gf on the G & the fans got to see them do that. They're the ones that are celebrating & soaking it up.

Lets face it, if roles were reversed & Maynard or degoey said that about Melbourne we'd be all over it.

We just have to suck it up & realise we've stuffed it up 2 years in a row & come back better next year 

• Like 1