Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What are they saying at Glenferrie Road

DeelightfulPlay

Buckle up, crash helmets on, let's dive through... only 4 pages of content?  Guess Hawk fans aren't the most enthusiastic at the moment!

Those who are posting seem keen for a win against us 

It'll be a big challenge, the Dee's have the best midfield and the best ruck in the comp. Walking away breakeven out of the middle would be a massive win in my book.

I sense another win incoming.  If we get this, it will be the first time we've won 3 games in a row since July 2022.
Setting us up to potentially win 4 in a row (in a single season) for the first time since August 2018. (We won our last 3 in 2019 and first game in 2020)

Worst top 4 in my lifetime.  We’re a big chance again this week.  GO HAWKS.

I reckon we win this one

Response:  By plenty.

Get the feeling we may now play 4 talls. Interesting times.  Also reckon our midfield is keen to take this scalp on the way out.

Response: Beating 3 out of the top 4 will give a lot of confidence going into next season.

If the reports from the Box Hill game are correct and Brocky couldn't be bothered then we can't reward that behaviour with a game in the 1s just in the hope it might keep a promising player at our club especially against a team like Melbourne.

Some discussion about players and the like

Lever and May (and Gawn) are very hard to get past. We always seem to kick it straight to them.  If the game plan is to bomb long to 4 talls... we will get slaughtered.

We need fast, precise ball movement. Use the angles. Keep possession.

Ryan should come in for Lewis. We know Lewis is a no brainer..........

Lewis to play high up the ground at CHF roaming at will as lever doesn't like leaving D50 to take intercept marks so have kozi doubling back to lever when in transition. I really like to see that set up and it works best with Ryan more than Denver

Re Lewis being out for injury:  This bloke is made of tissue paper

Someone has been reading Demonland...

Hopefully with our new look midfield we don’t spend all game kicking it straight to Gawn. Or the dees just play Grundy as well. He seems to do a fine job nullifying Gawn just by being out there.

My fave (for the vocab use)

Ryan has had the flu for 5 days now. Doesn't augur well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

Buckle up, crash helmets on, let's dive through... only 4 pages of content?  Guess Hawk fans aren't the most enthusiastic at the moment!

Those who are posting seem keen for a win against us 

It'll be a big challenge, the Dee's have the best midfield and the best ruck in the comp. Walking away breakeven out of the middle would be a massive win in my book.

I sense another win incoming.  If we get this, it will be the first time we've won 3 games in a row since July 2022.
Setting us up to potentially win 4 in a row (in a single season) for the first time since August 2018. (We won our last 3 in 2019 and first game in 2020)

Worst top 4 in my lifetime.  We’re a big chance again this week.  GO HAWKS.

I reckon we win this one

Response:  By plenty.

Get the feeling we may now play 4 talls. Interesting times.  Also reckon our midfield is keen to take this scalp on the way out.

Response: Beating 3 out of the top 4 will give a lot of confidence going into next season.

If the reports from the Box Hill game are correct and Brocky couldn't be bothered then we can't reward that behaviour with a game in the 1s just in the hope it might keep a promising player at our club especially against a team like Melbourne.

Some discussion about players and the like

Lever and May (and Gawn) are very hard to get past. We always seem to kick it straight to them.  If the game plan is to bomb long to 4 talls... we will get slaughtered.

We need fast, precise ball movement. Use the angles. Keep possession.

Ryan should come in for Lewis. We know Lewis is a no brainer..........

Lewis to play high up the ground at CHF roaming at will as lever doesn't like leaving D50 to take intercept marks so have kozi doubling back to lever when in transition. I really like to see that set up and it works best with Ryan more than Denver

Re Lewis being out for injury:  This bloke is made of tissue paper

Someone has been reading Demonland...

Hopefully with our new look midfield we don’t spend all game kicking it straight to Gawn. Or the dees just play Grundy as well. He seems to do a fine job nullifying Gawn just by being out there.

My fave (for the vocab use)

Ryan has had the flu for 5 days now. Doesn't augur well.

I read this…

It'll be a big challenge, the Dee's have the best midfield and the best ruck in the comp. Walking away breakeven out of the middle would be a massive win in my book.

…and kinda felt sorry for them.

But then I read this…

Worst top 4 in my lifetime.  We’re a big chance again this week.  GO HAWKS.

… aaaaand not feeling sorry for them anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I read this…

It'll be a big challenge, the Dee's have the best midfield and the best ruck in the comp. Walking away breakeven out of the middle would be a massive win in my book.

But then I read this…

Deliberately arranged for the bait and switch... it increases in order of Hawkish confidence 😂  except for the accidental inclusion of the one about Brocky, that should be below

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

Deliberately arranged for the bait and switch... it increases in order of Hawkish confidence 😂  except for the accidental inclusion of the one about Brocky, that should be below

Yep, Brocky with his bad case of CBF. We don’t tolerate players like that at our magnificent club. 🥰

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I read this…

But then I read this…

Never feel sorry for them. We still owe them some soul crushing finals defeats and about 500 points worth of floggings.

There’s a long list of clubs we need to be grinding into dust any chance we get (Pies, Bombers, Cats, Blues) but the Hawks are right up there. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Clap 3

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

And to think this game was supposed to be out end of season percentage booster...

Suddenly you've got supporters of the third worst club in the AFL supremely confident of knocking off a 14-7 side

This season has lost the plot 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Statement game from the MFC, not just because it would be winning a game we're expected to win, but i expect us to be absolutely ruthless all over the ground and really grind the Hawks into the dirt. we'll be looking for a win that sends a message and reflects a team hitting absolute top form.

• Like 2

Hawks should be thinking about winning their first four games not their last four, when it certainly does not mean anywhere near as much.........err what could have been eh.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, layzie said:

I really like City Oval at Box Hill. Good ground 

Agreed.  I use to play juniors on that ground sometimes.

The Mustangs were really good our club, which although it wasn't a rep side per se, but they provided some in-kind support such as occational use of City Oval and we wore their jumper.  Pity they got swallowed up by the Hawks, but it's probably a reasonable outcome for footy in the area given the sucess they've had since, converse to the  realitive lack there of in the VFA era.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I read this…

But then I read this…

They're awfully cocky for a bottom 4 team, aren't they?

I had to laugh last year when a Hawthorn-barracking relative told me "You Melbourne supporters have become arrogant since winning the Premiership".  I've put up with 40 years of his arrogance!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, rpfc said:

They deserve a flogging and we need to open the wallet, loosen the shackles, release the floodgates, and every other cliche. Kick 5 goals a quarter at least and beat them by 8 goals

Yep...need to do that

We'll get a 20 pt win and be happy.

We just never seem capable of these "needful" things

Im happy with a successful,  njury free day.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

I had to laugh last year when a Hawthorn-barracking relative told me "You Melbourne supporters have become arrogant since winning the Premiership".  I've put up with 40 years of his arrogance!

I actually have Hawthorn to thank for discovering the Demon Army, Kat. Well, in particular, one belligerent, foul-mouthed, obnoxious pig of a Hawks supporter. I actually feared for my safety that day, and I live in St Albans so that’s saying something! You already know the story but yeah, if it wasn’t for him abusing me to the point of leaving at halftime in tears, to him yelling out (in front of his poor kids, no less) “if ya can’t [censored] handle it, [censored] off outta here, princess!” I wouldn’t have been taken by an awesome security guy to sit behind the goals where I’d “feel safe” as he put it, even though I shouldn’t have been allowed in that bay.

That’s the thanks done n dusted, now let’s go out there on Sunday and systematically dismantle them!

This princess will be singing our song as a dedication to that one knuckle-dragging Neanderthal 🤣❤️💙

• Like 6
  • Love 4

Oh... i do have a particular dislike of Hawthorn... that event at Dallas Brooks..... and that day in 1988..   i only remember the first half a everything blurred in amber disbelief thereafter...   but i never take playing these [censored] n poos lightly.

Go Dees...  just win.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Oh... i do have a particular dislike of Hawthorn... that event at Dallas Brooks..... and that day in 1988..   i only remember the first half a everything blurred in amber disbelief thereafter...   but i never take playing these [censored] n poos lightly.

Go Dees...  just win.  

I attribute evidence of child abuse to those days in late 80s, some of those stories I've shared in Demonland before.  

1987, Preliminary Final.  I was at my grandparents while my parents were in Queensland.  We were listening to the game on the radio, and when that Gary Buckenara goal happened, my grandfather started teasing me, causing me to run to Mum's childhood bedroom, slam the door, and throw myself on the bed in howls of tears, while I listened to my grandmother tell Pa off for making me upset.

1988, Grand Final.  My Dad, brother and I were the only Melbourne supporters in a sea of Hawthorn supporters in our extended family on my mum's side.  Some bright spark, I think it was my uncle (the most arrogant of arrogant Hawks supporters) decided we should all go to Glenferrie Oval.  I was 17, so already good at mastering the art of teenage surliness.  My cousin kept playing "Happy Team at Hawthorn" on his tape player.  Smoke billowed out of my brother's ears, while I contemplated throwing that thing on the train tracks.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

They still have the arrogance built up from sucessful 80s - 2010 era and a sense of entitlement that they are on a rebuild trajectory that will get them back to that place in just another few years.

I'd love to see them have another decade or two of mediocrity,  where they bobble about between 12th - 9th and then make finals a few times perhaps, but only manage to finish in the 5th - 8th range and get knocked out in elimination, semi and prelim finals without ever really getting close to a flag to give there fans a reality check on what it's like to be a real football supporter.

Their "You Melbourne supporters have become arrogant" remark is just the start of their on the outside looking in journey that they are not use to and don't like the feel of.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

They still have the arrogance built up from sucessful 80s - 2010 era and a sense of entitlement that they are on a rebuild trajectory that will get them back to that place in just another few years.

I'd love to see them have another decade or two of mediocrity,  where they bobble about between 12th - 9th and then make finals a few times perhaps, but only manage to finish in the 5th - 8th range and get knocked out in elimination, semi and prelim finals without ever really getting close to a flag to give there fans a reality check on what it's like to be a real football supporter.

Their "You Melbourne supporters have become arrogant" remark is just the start of their on the outside looking in journey that they are not use to and don't like the feel of.

You're spot on.  Plus I don't think we were arrogant after 2021, most of us spent last year in total shock it actually happened!

Funnily enough I had a look at the Big Footy forum on Hawks just now, they have an entire thread boasting about how arrogant they are.  Which goes for 149 pages.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

bedroom, slam the door, and throw myself on the bed in howls of tears,

I did this when the Bont put them up by 19pts in the GF and I was a tad older than teenage. 😭😭😭

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Smokey said:

“Worst top 4” is an oxymoron.

The top 4 can’t be good or bad, they are just the top 4. 

And in fact, that statement would make them a member of the "worst bottom 4" by extension.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1