• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Demonland

6 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

MELBOURNE defender Christian Salem has been fined for striking Collingwood forward Harvey Harrison during the King's Birthday blockbuster.

Salem can accept a $3,000 sanction with an early plea for striking Harrison, with the incident graded as careless conduct, medium impact and body contact.

That loser Michael Christian could resist naming one Demon after HIS old team were shown up so poorly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 2
  • Vomit 2

7 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

How many one finger salutes can you spot after Fritta put us in front?

183DFD25-D583-441E-B703-D72A6D41B479.thumb.jpeg.afb27a816f20c616065f65af19a1d07f.jpeg

It would be 4 but Fittas head is blocking the kid behind him 🤣

Call of the day goes to the bloke behind me who kept ragging on Fritsch saying he got all his goals cheap out the back - after I left him know he kicked 6 goals in a GF he went a bit quiet.

2nd call of the day when all the Collingwood supporters were leaving in droves around me with 3 minutes left "Centrelink must have just opened, off they all go" yes I like to think I have the comedic wit of Carlin, Hicks and Chappelle rolled into one 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, old55 said:

No I share your concern. Those turnovers and poor matching goals against were not good. I'm pretty sure @DeeSpencer agrees.

With the current back 7 and even Bowey out of it there's no place for him there.

He needs to play mid/wing and gives us depth and rotations there.

He's an important cultural influence which is underated and he has the flexibility to plug a defensive or midfield injury hole  in game.

Is he better than Harmes and JJ? Just.

1 hour ago, Macca said:

Go back and watch the game again ... you had his errors in your head so it wouldn't have mattered how well he played afterwards

I thought he was terrific after a dodgy start

So at least I'm acknowledging the errors ... you won't acknowledge his good play (properly)

There's the difference.  I'm being fair and you aren't being fair

I don't think my post above is unfair at all.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Dee Zephyr said:

I honestly cannot tell if people are serious or joking anymore when I read stuff like this. 
I’d like to phone a friend please. 

I am so glad I read your response. It was beginning to do my head in. Can’t work out if people are trying to get a lend of us or not. Bizarre!

19 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

After having players rubbed out 3-4 weeks in a row we will gladly take a 3k fine this week. 

We've learned our lesson that MC is not to be trifled with!

Mmmm trifle🍧

23 minutes ago, old55 said:

I don't think my post above is unfair at all.

Saying Brayshaw is only just in front of Harmes & Jordon is unfair though.  And quite laughable

He is a miles better player than those 2 and in front of about another 10 players in the team

Spargo, ANB, Kozzie, Tomlinson, Smith, JVR, Hibberd, McVee, Chandler & Sparrow are all behind Brayshaw in the pecking order

The club seems to think so too as it was only recently that he was signed to a lucrative long term deal

Outright 5th in the Demonland award and that's with a heavy bias against the bloke

And he'd be doing very well in the B & F

It's like he has to play a standout A grade game to get any credit (just 2 weeks ago that happened)

Post too long for you? Bad luck

Edited by Macca
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’ve been getting texts from friends (mainly neutrals) saying how impressively loud we were. I thought as much during the match but didn’t know if that was just from where I sit. Our DA WhatsApp is going nuts today with everyone claiming the same thing. I mean, who’da thunk we could ever hope to drown out Collingwood supporters?! Melbourne fans absolutely brought the noise, it’s something of which we should all be proud af.

Incidentally, Mrs Frittata left her seat to grab something to eat and didn’t see Fritta’s first goal. Of course I was de facto mum and waved his giant head like a fan possessed. She was kicking herself for missing it so for his subsequent goals she ramped it up a notch or 10. I reckon she alone accounted for a huge chunk of the noise. 🤣

Also incidentally, that’s the meekest we’ve ever seen their cheer squad. They were lacklustre compared to usual and weren’t a bigger spectacle than us as is usually the case.

Fun Fact: Ooze’s niece is a Magpie Army member. Was chatting to her in the race and she said how he’s super happy with how we’re going. And that was BEFORE we beat them. ❤️💙

At the end of the sports report on Channel 7 news last night, Tim Watson said he'd been to loads of big games at the MCG but had never heard it louder than what it was yesterday. Deafening.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Goody said post match they have 4 days off then back to it.

Our players really got the rough end of the stick again with this pseudo bye. 

Why couldn't we play Geelong on Saturday night FFS?

It's absolute garbage, we play Thursday night Collingwood play the Sunday so an extra 3 days rest 🤬

I seriously don't understand how they can get away with this with the EBA? Shouldn't the AFLPA ensure at least a 12 day break over the bye? Even the further 10 day break after the Cats game is offset by the game being in NT including the community work we do prior to that - obviously this is a club organised thing but I'm sure the AFL isn't unhappy with us doing this. I know the fixture would be a nightmare to organise but come on, asking for a proper bye shouldn't be too much.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

4 hours ago, dees189227 said:

When I saw Jack run off with that shoulder injury I thought if he's off we're done. 

Then suddenly he is back on the field. He was just awesome yesterday even when he was involved in that final play where he got the ball forward 

One of the benefits of sitting in the AFL members - I didn't even know he'd gone off until I watched the replay 🤣 (but I also didn't know Moore had gone off and down into the rooms so swing's and roundabouts)

4 hours ago, Mel Bourne said:

Yeah he’s not exactly on my Xmas card list. But in this instance Trac seems to have put his hand up for being at fault. 

I'm holding judgement on that 'till I hear tracc confirm he was the one who was in the wrong.

Cox is a [censored].

• Like 8

7 hours ago, A F said:

McRae's post match loss against Geelong (?) or Sydney (?) in the finals last year was far from humble. He showed his hand. Goody is never a poor sport, McRae... well, he's had most of it his own way, and the one time it wasn't he cracked...

His feel good factor is starting to wear off.

Once other teams start going to school on his team and the pressure and strain get the better of him, you will really see his true colours come to the fore.

Does anyone believe him that he held up a picture of Grundy and told his players that "we love this bloke."

Edited by YesitwasaWin4theAges

Yeah sorry but if you hear any Collingwood fan blaming the loss on not having De Goey or any other injuries then tell them to get in the sea. 

They've had a brilliant system approach all year and won a ton of games with an injury list from another post code and next man up mentality. Sometimes you need to strip through the BS and have someone like me tell you the facts uncut and uncensored. 

There are no sorer losers than Collingwood fans. Apologies to the 3% who are actually good fans but the majority of your supporter base is full of it with enough bile to fill Sydney harbour 3 times over. It's not even close.

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, A F said:

Come on mate.

Both Daicos boys are as good as, if not better, than Sidebottom by foot, and Pendles was also turning it over under our pressure and defensive structure.

If we bring what we brought yesterday with goal kicking accuracy, we won't be beaten by Collingwood, no matter who they put on the park.

Accuracy is our big problem - it cost us against them last year and could've cost us again yesterday (but thankfully didn't). Their ins will help but so will ours out of all their outs yesterday it's Elliott that worries me the most because he is an elite forward - he is small but plays more like Fritsch than a crumber.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, layzie said:

I've never listened to the Fox Footy podcast before but gee there are some healthy concessions being handed out to Collingwood on it today including a 5 minute segment on how the flu can play a part and even Covid! 

We might have got them at a good time but I think Collingwood got us at a good time too.

It was Collingwood's Grand Final, that's why they choked.

COLLLLLLIIIIIIIIWOBBLES

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, YearOfTheDees said:

MELBOURNE defender Christian Salem has been fined for striking Collingwood forward Harvey Harrison during the King's Birthday blockbuster.

Salem can accept a $3,000 sanction with an early plea for striking Harrison, with the incident graded as careless conduct, medium impact and body contact.

1 hour ago, SPC said:

That was an arm swung to tackle. Absolute crock 

Yeah like when Chol did the same to Bowey and belted him in the head and got...umm hang on a minute 🤔🤡

• Like 11

19 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

You’re not the only one! Probs best to only ever do that when we’re 10 goals up with a minute left on the clock. 🤣

Being a massive soccer fan I find this a bit weird. Chanting doesn't mean the game's over. You just do it to support the team. We should do it when we're behind!!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, layzie said:

Some things never change and never should change. 

I know it's tempting fate even to mention it, but if we do play them in the GF I hope some enterprising lad or lass (paging @WalkingCivilWar@) creates a giant "7-1" banner to unfurl once the game is iced. IYKYK.

image.gif.7ba273787bfec637c877882c9f877a40.gif

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

On 6/12/2023 at 6:42 PM, old dee said:

Kossie played to his best! I don't think so.

Hunter's first half kicking down the flank left quite a bit to be desired ... he was supposed to be lethal at that talent ... but he gave The Filth many central corridor starts as a consequence of 'rushing' to clear rather than exploiting the attack potentials. 

19 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

He lives for the big games.

If we meet Pies in a grand final, I really hope he puts Cox on his [censored]. Would be worth the suspension for the laughs. 

" .....puts Cox on his [censored}...."  Why should coccyx be censored?

19 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

A couple of statistical shout-outs:

• Petracca had a game high 37 pressure acts, 20 of which were in the back half. Like last week, in Oliver's absence he has stepped up defensively. Incredible work for someone who is dominant in the forward half
  • After Viney's 4, our next best forward 50 ground ball get player was JVR (along with Fritsch). He was also our 6th highest pressure act player. This is why he keeps playing. He is doing defensive things that TMac and Brown can't do

I think it is easy to overlook JVR's off ball contributions, especially for those who rate players on basic stats.  He works his butt off and is finally being recognised.

10 hours ago, layzie said:

Finally a birthday not ruined by yesterday's game. 

layzie - are you the King or the Queen?  🎂 

9 hours ago, MrFreeze said:

There is just so much to love from this game. Salem's positioning, defensive work and kicking was awesome but how about the real deal leg speed he is showing too, at one point he out hustled the very fast and talented Bobby Hill to break away from a stoppage at d50, loved it.

I also wonder if we can find a balance which included Fritta, Smith and Petty forward. Smith's chase down tackles and pressure was awesome and Petty will make us even stronger in the air. But you can't have it all, more than likely we go with the extra mid to replace the small which may force Smith out of the side.

MrFreeze - you failed to mention JVR in that forward set up.  So we need to fit in JVR, Frittata, and Petty and / or Smith.  Maybe we need only two of the smalls Kozzie, Chandler, Spargo.    Smith and Frittata play a hybrid style.  It would probably put an end to the regular "resting" of Max and Brandy deep forward, which could be a hidden bonus.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1