Mitch Georgiades

Demonland

Josh Jenkins believes the Demons should aggressively target Port Adelaide forward Mitch Georgiades.

“The best presenters in the AFL is what they tell me,” he said on AFL Trade Radio’s Trade Mornings.

“If you meet with the Dees as a player, you will be swept off your feet, I’ve heard that a few times.

“I’ve thrown up this guy before, and you have to sway him to leave his club, and the club aren’t going to be keen for him to leave.

“And you’re going to have to sway him from jumping on a plane from Adelaide to Perth and get him on one from Adelaide to Melbourne.

“Mitch Georgiades, go and present to him, convince him to take the meeting and say, ‘We’ve got big Max Gawn for first use, we’ve got ‘Clarry’ (Clayton Oliver) and we’ve got Christian (Petracca), we will get you that many opportunities to get your hands on the cherry it’s not funny’.

“Tom McDonald can go in and do the second rucking, Georgiades will still be a number two in terms of size next to (Ben) Brown or McDonald.

“I’ve got massive upside hopes for Georgiades, I think he can turn into one of not big marking forwards, but one of the better marking forwards in the game.

“He’s only 192cm, he’s not genuine key forward size, but he can jump on packs, in packs, over packs, he can stand on heads.

“What he can do, he can take a grab and he’s only going to get better and better, he generates a lot of shots on goal for a young forward.

“Melbourne, you don’t necessarily don’t have to spend the whole million on him, but first page, $750k. I have great faith that the young man will quickly be worth $750k.”

• Like 2
  • Thinking 2

3 minutes ago, Demonland said:

And yet you did. You've been Click Baited.

I didn't know not to open it until I opened it!   😉

Then saw the 'hypothetical' and who wrote it!  They are getting desperate at Trade Radio!

Edited by Lucifers Hero

I think with Fritsch and JVR our priorities will be for a genuine 195cm+ tall with the reach for contested marks/deterring 200cm super athletic defenders rather than Georgiades. Or a forward/ruck to take over from Gawn.

Fritsch hadn't proven himself as one of the games better goal kickers and JVR was years away when we wanted Georgiades in the draft.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Not against the idea as he'd still be a good marking option that generates scoring opportunities. No actual evidence he's looking to move clubs though.
I don't think he's exactly the type of marking forward we need though. We need a King brother/Mckay/Cameron type 200cm target that won't get outmarked and can reliably hit the scoreboard. Ben Brown doesn't have long left and is already struggling. We don't have another one on the list unless god forbid they plan to play Gawn forward close to 100% and hope for the best with his kicking!

Edited by Lord Travis
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, DubDee said:

The $750 is ridiculous. No way we pay that for a bloke that kicked 23.24 this year.

Has potential. Could be good could be average

i imagine we are talking to any and all decent forwards

Who would you say is really gettable, this year or next? E.g. Naughton is not

You have a fake million dollars, what do you spend it on? Mitch Georgiadis? No.

Instead i’d spend the fake million on a time machine, go back to 1986, move the Hawkins family to Alice Springs, wait for Tom’s arrival in 1988, keep him away from everyone, and pick him up for nothing through our academy. Bang! 15 years of a gun forward.

If you’re going to get theoretical why not get weirdly, deeply theoretical?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

Instead i’d spend the fake million on a time machine, go back to 1986, move the Hawkins family to Alice Springs, wait for Tom’s arrival in 1988, keep him away from everyone, and pick him up for nothing through our academy. Bang! 15 years of a gun forward.

Your time machine was warped. You needed to program it 20 years earlier before Tom's father Jack was zoned to Geelong. Jumping Jack Hawkins was a very good footballer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

Phonebooth invitation GIF on GIFER - by Ballanrad

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Your time machine was warped. You needed to program it 20 years earlier before Tom's father Jack was zoned to Geelong. Jumping Jack Hawkins was a very good footballer.

Ok, so I need to set aside 10k for consulting fees for the dates on the time machine. Good note. 👍