• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 04 vs West Coast

Demonland

6 hours ago, old dee said:

Why do channel 7 think this the way to go? I don’t know of one person who enjoys it. Pure [censored].

Two words. 1. Sydney.  2. Theatre.   The nuff nuffs in Sydney call the shots.

3 hours ago, demon3165 said:

There is footy IQ and there footy IQ so answer this, is he on the same level in that department of players, Judd, Cousins, Pendlebury, Martin, hell can go back to Greg Williams etc, no, his strength is see ball get ball and pass it on, simple football, when he tries to to do anything else it comes undone, I will take his strength of his ability to fit the sides need, what he did in late 21 and the second half was do what Oliver used to do get ball and dish it off now that Oliver works a lot outside now, he does not need to be the one to do that, again stick to your strength not your weakness.

Reading Cousins and IQ in the same sentence makes me scratch my head

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, demon3165 said:

I understand it better than you mate, because I don't watch it with red and blue eyes.

No you do not. What opposition Player wants to line up against Viney?

Of course he makes the odd mistake. His area of the ground is RED HOT

You expect every possession and delivery to be perfect and when it isn’t you crack it 

Grow up Sunshine 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MT64 said:

Two words. 1. Sydney.  2. Theatre.   The nuff nuffs in Sydney call the shots.

Well I have gone elsewhere, surely the game is enough. It is a great game it does not need this blokey calling nonsense.

Edited by old dee
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, old dee said:

Well I have gone elsewhere, surely the games is enough. It is a great game it does not need this blokey calling nonsense.

OD...          i'm afraid to tell you that when our game is on fta you get the ch 7 commentary feed on kayo

so around 17 out of 23 and every final is ch 7

• Vomit 1

19 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

OD...          i'm afraid to tell you that when our game is on fta you get the ch 7 commentary feed on kayo

so around 17 out of 23 and every final is ch 7

I realise that DJ, I just got tired of missing games live and there area a number of other sports that I will watch e.g. F1, NBL, and NBA finals coming up. When Brian is on I will do like I normally do, turn off the sound.  I will also get to day games so that reduces the chances of watching Brian.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 2

For those questioning Brayshaw do a re-think

He's being used in a fail-safe role a kick behind the play in a clean-up role. In defence not on the ball.

16 possessions yesterday and not one clanger.  Repelled a lot of WC forward forays

He in fact used the ball very well when he got it and it wasn't his fault that he didn't have that many opportunities.  He wasn't needed much due to West Coast being so poor

He's played well all year in that role and the coaching staff wouldn't be expecting a stack of possessions

• Like 16
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

10 minutes ago, old dee said:

I realise that DJ, I just got tired of missing games live and there area a number of other sports that I will watch e.g. F1, NBL, and NBA finals coming up. When Brian is on I will do like I normally do, turn off the sound.  I will also get to day games so that reduces the chances of watching Brian.

The irony is that foxtel pays 60-70% of the broadcasting fee but gets such a lousy deal from ch7.

You have to wonder if the anti siphoning rules are really working these days

5 hours ago, Macca said:

He was our choice, we picked him.  And then he arrived at a dysfunctional club where development was poor.  We paraded him around like he was a prized colt at the Magic Millions.  What were we thinking? 

Fast forward to the now and we develop our prospects properly and Jason Taylor had got the midas touch

And we don't need Taylor being poached (we poached him from the Pies)

In terms of best recruiters, his record is right up there with the best if not the best

As for our depth, I honestly never thought we could do as well as we're doing.  We are leading the way in terms of list building

Just imagine if we continue to list build properly for the next 10 years?  No more bottoming out or rebuilding from scratch

Finals and top 4 ongoing every season

I love our recruiting, but our absolute elite players aside from Max were top 5 picks in their draft year (Clarry and Trac) or in trade form (Lever and May).

Take Clarry and Trac out of our midfield and we're not a top 8 team.

This is usually how it works and why eventually the fork in the road comes. Do you keep topping up with FAs or do you bottom out and go back for the elite top end talent?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, hardtack said:

Note that the back of the padding lines up precisely with the back of the goal line… it was NOT a goal.

Are you sure about that? Doesn't look it to me

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daisycutter said:

yes, but it also doesn't define the "goal line" in any detail (padding or otherwise)

but it's the afl you know

But in everything (out of bounds or a score etc) the ball has to be beyond the line - not the post or padding

• Like 1

96B2410D-775B-4C1C-AEB3-F0985AD7A19F.jpeg.6fd994cc106ace615a5e60d83e46356a.jpeg

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but do we know why Tracc made this gesture?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, A F said:

I love our recruiting, but our absolute elite players aside from Max were top 5 picks in their draft year (Clarry and Trac) or in trade form (Lever and May).

Take Clarry and Trac out of our midfield and we're not a top 8 team.

This is usually how it works and why eventually the fork in the road comes. Do you keep topping up with FAs or do you bottom out and go back for the elite top end talent?

Drafting = Recruiting in terms of picking the right sort of player and then the biggie ... development

So it's all encompassing AF 

The big question is if we remain strong how do we get hold of elite young draftees? 

Remembering that we traded up to get Clarrie and LJ and even though we lost Luke, we quickly did some sharp recruiting to replace him (Grundy) ... and if Freo bottom out or have a lousy year we'll get a pick in the top 8 at least (trade up again from that pick?)

Plus the 2 other picks from Freo which Taylor will no doubt use wisely (does he miss?) 

There's a lot to be excited about and we have every right to be confident looking ahead

Edited by Macca
  • Like 5

More on Brayshaw

If a 70% DE (Disposal Efficiency) rating is at least a pass mark then Gus is killing it right now

R1 - 95%

R2 - 63%

R3 - 84%

R4 - 88%

So what is the issue?

I'd argue there isn't one

Get off the bloke's back, he's playing a tremendous team role that needs to be appreciated

• Like 13
  • Clap 5

5 minutes ago, Macca said:

Drafting = Recruiting in terms of picking the right sort of player and then the biggie ... development

So it's all encompassing AF 

The big question is if we remain strong how do we get hold of elite young draftees? 

Remembering that we traded up to get Clarrie and LJ and even though we lost Luke, we quickly did some sharp recruiting to replace him (Grundy) ... and if Freo bottom out or have a lousy year we'll get a pick in the top 8 at least (trade up again from that pick?)

Plus the 2 other picks from Freo which Taylor will no doubt use wisely (does he miss?) 

There's a lot to be excited about and we have every right to be confident looking ahead

Where did we finish in order to get LJ though? 17th. That's what I mean. The elite of the elite are usually top 5 picked. Unless you have some low finishes (bottoming out), you need 2-3 strong hands in the top 20 to lay the foundations.

Don't get me wrong here. I've loved our list build, I'm just being realistic about what we'll need to do to go again without bottoming out. Unless of course we get lucky like Geelong and a Dangerfield and Cameron fall in our laps via FA.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

96B2410D-775B-4C1C-AEB3-F0985AD7A19F.jpeg.6fd994cc106ace615a5e60d83e46356a.jpeg

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but do we know why Tracc made this gesture?

He’s saying that he is hungry and that you should keep feeding him.

Yum yum.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, A F said:

Where did we finish in order to get LJ though? 17th. That's what I mean. The elite of the elite are usually top 5 picked. Unless you have some low finishes (bottoming out), you need 2-3 strong hands in the top 20 to lay the foundations.

Don't get me wrong here. I've loved our list build, I'm just being realistic about what we'll need to do to go again without bottoming out. Unless of course we get lucky like Geelong and a Dangerfield and Cameron fall in our laps via FA.

You're right, it won't be easy but we are now in a strong trading position with our existing talent

If a decent player wants to go because of lack of opportunities, other clubs have to pay with draft picks and/or talent that we want back in return

A strong list is worth more than just what happens out on the field

LJ is a good example ... Grundy came cheap as a replacement and he's a miles better player.  Plus, we received 1 first rounders & 2 x second round picks

That could end up being a bonanza if all the cards fall right with Jason Taylor continuing to identify young talent in the way he has done previously

Edited by Macca
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Macca said:

For those questioning Brayshaw do a re-think

He's being used in a fail-safe role a kick behind the play in a clean-up role. In defence not on the ball.

16 possessions yesterday and not one clanger.  Repelled a lot of WC forward forays

He in fact used the ball very well when he got it and it wasn't his fault that he didn't have that many opportunities.  He wasn't needed much due to West Coast being so poor

He's played well all year in that role and the coaching staff wouldn't be expecting a stack of possessions

well said. I wonder why some don't get that and count possesions. He blocks holes and they aen't going to kick it to him but make them go wider. 

I also wonder if they keep him out of the midfield due to his concussion issues. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, Bay Riffin said:

well said. I wonder why some don't get that and count possesions. He blocks holes and they aen't going to kick it to him but make them go wider.

He'd be a coaches dream in terms of all the selfless roles he can play and does play

We've got plenty of other playmakers to do what Brayshaw once did

As you said, how others who criticise him can't see all that is baffling

• Like 2