Liam Henry

dazzledavey36

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

out one side of his mouth - freo believe henry will be at a vic club in 2024; to the dees to be kozzy's forward line buddy

out the other side of his mouth - pickett back to freo to play alongside henry...who is apparently going to be at a vic club in 2024..

classique ralphy

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Henry’s yet to play any role at afl level with success and hasn’t looked up for the physicality.

He’s still young and might improve but he’s far from a priority at the moment. His best trait might be his kicking and he might end up a half back rather than a wing or forward. 

Also I’m all for being pragmatic, if Henry does make Pickett stay then maybe it’s worth it, but it’s a little insulting to Kossie to suggest he’d make a decision purely based on bringing in a friend. 

Seems to be more common with Indigenous players too. No one was saying we should trade for Trey Ruscoe to get Jacko to stay 

• Like 5

He is worth more than LJ and after paying overs for LJ, I just can’t see Freo doing the same thing for Kozzy - particularly when they have other youngsters who’ll be demanding some of that pie. 

Power have nothing to trade with as a future first ain’t going to do it. 

Would he go to WC or Adelaide? 

Hopefully just posturing and he’ll sign before season starts. 

Made up dribble is what I say.I do believe with Byron back in WA , Kossi May go back there, but, later on.I think he will sign either a two/3 year contract to stay before round 1- I hope I am wrong and signs for 6/7.

13 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

out one side of his mouth - freo believe henry will be at a vic club in 2024; to the dees to be kozzy's forward line buddy

out the other side of his mouth - pickett back to freo to play alongside henry...who is apparently going to be at a vic club in 2024..

classique ralphy

Pure Ralphy 

4E323BAD-CAB0-49C1-A4A2-A717C97E26F3.png

Edited by Dee Viney Intervention
  • Haha 3

There was some mention during the trade period last year that Henry might become part of the Luke Jackson trade but it came to nothing. You would think if the Kozzie-Henry friendship meant as much as is being implied in this “news” then the club would surely have tried a bit harder to get Henry across at the time. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, jayceebee31 said:

Made up dribble is what I say.I do believe with Byron back in WA , Kossi May go back there, but, later on.I think he will sign either a two/3 year contract to stay before round 1- I hope I am wrong and signs for 6/7.

At this stage, 3 more years plus this year, being the next four years, would be fantastic news.

1 hour ago, Whispering_Jack said:

There was some mention during the trade period last year that Henry might become part of the Luke Jackson trade but it came to nothing. You would think if the Kozzie-Henry friendship meant as much as is being implied in this “news” then the club would surely have tried a bit harder to get Henry across at the time. 

I hope the knee is better WJ. 

• Like 1

Rivers is Jackson's best mate and that didn't stop him from leaving. So this notion of bringing Henry to make Kozzi stay is fugazi. If i was him I would be weighing up playing finals consistently over the next 5 years and becoming a star player ala "Cyril" that could possibly play in several more Premierships or go to lesser club in West Coast or Adelaide who are years away from contending for a Premiership. Freo and Port simply don't have the picks to get Kozzi unless they throw in a Young/Serong or a Dursmaa/Georgiades which they simply won't do. 

But, seriously, we already have Fremantle's first and second round picks for 2023, don't we?

They've got some later exchanged picks from North but are basically out of the top-20 picks.

Getting Liam Henry to the Demons is certainly worth considering. Not delivered much yet but the Freo goalkicking group includes Frederick, Walters & Schultz who combined for about 90 goals between them, as well as plenty of other lighter-bodied speedy types rotating through.

Given that I'm convinced a dedicated fast small defender is something we should be looking for anyway, the suggestion that he could make the positional switch seems sound to me. He's also a pretty good run-and-bounce option to give us another way out of our half-back swamp.

• 4 months later...