Welcome to Demonland Lachie Hunter

adonski

Hopefully Hunter can stabilise his life away from football and get back to playing his best football. That'd be a win for him, and a win for us. He's an elite runner, a smart runner who gets to dangerous positions, strong overhead and a nice kick. If he is playing near his best footy he will really help our ball movement. Good luck, Lachie.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Demonland said:

Not sure about his style play from these highlights. 

kicks front and centre of the goals in the forward line. When kicking to the forward pocket it’s to a leading forward. Who marks and kick for goal

kicks goals from the boundary line. Can kick 40 meters unlike Spano (not a HFF option)

looks drunk on the field. I think I saw him look at the big screen at a group 1 result at Flemington, and looked distracted. I’m thinking the delusions (visual and auditory) were taking control with all of the above

WASTED trade

Edited by Demonsterative
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Vomit 1

26 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

An absolute steal at a third round pick… people in elite environments can be wound up tightly and who knows what else they have going on in their lives. Very happy to welcome Hunter to the club with a clean slate. 

Alleluia, some sanity from da west!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, binman said:

Cool that he has his own signature tune, though Aldous got the lyrics wrong a bit. 

'He's a Hunter, and a good man, be brave when he brings nothing home', should have been:

"He's a Hunter, and a good man, be brave when he brings no goals at home'

An Aldous Harding mention in an AFL thread. 

What a time to be alive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Everyone is talking about his off field dramas so I went and googled, the DUI and Code 12 were poor no doubt, but hardly in the class of De Goey, Stringer, Stengle recidivists. I for trust our crew to bring him into the fold, and his delivery into 50 could rewrite our conversion rates.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, BoBo said:

An Aldous Harding mention in an AFL thread. 

What a time to be alive.

I just got home from seeing agnes obel at the best venue for sound i have been to - the recital centre.

Brilliant gig.

And am seeing Aldous Harding there Friday week.

Can't wait 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, DEE fence said:

Everyone is talking about his off field dramas so I went and googled, the DUI and Code 12 were poor no doubt, but hardly in the class of De Goey, Stringer, Stengle recidivists. I for trust our crew to bring him into the fold, and his delivery into 50 could rewrite our conversion rates.

It is the things not on the public record that made Hunter a problem child at WBD.  Think 'rat pack' behaviours.  Think culture.  Think the persistent reasons Dunkley kept asking for a trade.

Anyway, he is ours now.  We have done our due diligence and the club thinks they can reahab him.  So hopefully he lives to mfc standards and doesn't distract anyone.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

It is the things not on the public record that made Hunter a problem child at WBD.  Think 'rat pack' behaviours.  Think culture.  Think the persistent reasons Dunkley kept asking for a trade.

Anyway, he is ours now.  We have done our due diligence and the club thinks they can reahab him.  So hopefully he lives to mfc standards and doesn't distract anyone.

Was happy to hear his manager acknowledge he's made mistakes in the past. Hopefully he's committed to good culture and good football and both parties will reap the benefits. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roy11 said:

Was happy to hear his manager acknowledge he's made mistakes in the past. Hopefully he's committed to good culture and good football and both parties will reap the benefits. 

It's buyer beware no doubt but really hoping he can benefit from a fresh start.

Edited by layzie

11 hours ago, rpfc said:

For ND~50 this is a no brainer.

28 is a prime time for any footballer and he has a great left boot.

On the broadcast wing and given a chip out from one of the forwards.

Immediately we are better.

And 25- 30 is usually the years when blokes start to grow up and show some maturity

• Like 1

Got the following insight from a mate who is a lifelong Bulldogs supporter.

“Hunter is a gun winger (left footer) and premiership player (he has heaps of finals experience and 2 grannies under his belt). Bevo stuffed him around putting him on a half forward flank with only partial success so Hunter fell out of favour with Bevo. A couple of minor off field indiscretions and Hunter was banished to the VFL until we had so many injuries Bevo was forced to bring him back. 
If played on the wing he will give you heaps of gut running, marks, tackling and elite delivery to leading forwards… and Bulldogs are paying part of Hunter’s salary!!!”

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, binman said:

I just got home from seeing agnes obel at the best venue for sound i have been to - the recital centre.

Brilliant gig.

Can't wait 

Agree that the Recital Centre is an awesome venue. Saw War and Treaty there and the sound was amazing. 

Back on topic,  Hunter with a fresh start and a clean slate with the desire to earn respect from his new team mates has a heap of upside for us. His best is very good and him getting anywhere near that would be a huge win for us. Looking forward to seeing him on the G in Dee's colours. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, binman said:

Brilliant gig.

Can't wait 

You’re speaking my language Binman. Aventine is a great album. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 3:26 PM, dazzledavey36 said:

I think more so that we were front runners basically for his service and were willing to pay the 200k. I believe St Kikda chased him as well.

Oh no!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, roy11 said:

Enough said. Let's let him get on with it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jontee said:

And 25- 30 is usually the years when blokes start to grow up and show some maturity

Rights of passage are different, these days. Such maturation, 'adult' thinking and behaviours with appropriate foci usually occur much later for youth and young men today than such developments did in earlier years and timeframes. There were limited options, choices, distractions in a simpler world; those 'excesses' were vastly limited in comparison to the options that now exist.

With broader options and greater freedoms of choice, young men today - and this developmental concept is generalised, only - pass into adulthood having experienced the excitements of this world well beyond the excitements of a previous world. Fitting that many 'good times' into one lifespan that is already rather urgent, takes just a few more years of experiential and explorative effort.

The advent of the concepts of 'rights of passage' has changed, yet is not new. Look at the social expectations and allegedly limited experiences imposed on your father's generation, and that of your grandfather, in comparison. Look at your own sons and how different their experiences and social expectations have been in comparison to your formative life's journey. 

In the end it reads as a battle between frivolity and towing the line set by immediate authority and opportunity. 

Perhaps, Hunter has just been another variant of the model, as we all were at some point. Let him play footy and adjust to its demands when opportunity arises.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

'Footywire' which is usually fairly accurate is showing a two year contract for Hunter.

This is the same as the remaining term he had at WBD

I'll update the Contracts Thread for Hunter.  If anyone sees any other info on his contract please let me know.

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2022 at 7:49 AM, Lucifers Hero said:

Have heard the exact same. Alcohol can absolutely destroy someone's life so I really hope we can surround him with good people, good therapists and he is willing to get help - if he can change and thrive he will be a huge asset. Sometimes a change of environment and then an opportunity to start fresh can give someone the ability to change who they are. I just hope he's willing to put in the effort off field to impact his ability to contribute to the club.

• Like 4
  • Love 1