GAMEDAY: Rd 21 vs Collingwood

Whispering_Jack

7 minutes ago, DEE fence said:

I am more nervous than if the Purge was about to start. Silly really as by any metric we should flatten them. I guess my fear is this thread should it be a close game.

BTW big shout out to everyone going, super jealous, make some noise.

You can argue about the quality of their wins and who they have played, but one metric where they are ahead is winning form. Ten on the trot is better than what we've achieved in the same period.

Watching this one with my Collingwood supporting mate who wouldn't be able to name half of their team, but that won't stop him from giving it to me if they win.  Please win Dees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One thing you'll notice tonight is how insufferable the Collingwood supporter base are towards the umpires. By far the worst of all clubs.

All it will take is one marginal free kick go against them or not paid to them in the first quarter and they'll all be out of their seats and booing the umpires for the rest of the game as if they've already cost them the game.

Last week against Port, they booed and hurled abuse to the umpires in the AFL members both at half time and full time (despite actually winning the game) because they couldn't get over the fact that Ginnevan didn't get paid a free in the first 5 minutes of the game.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

One thing you'll notice tonight is how insufferable the Collingwood supporter base are towards the umpires. By far the worst of all clubs.

All it will take is one marginal free kick go against them or not paid to them in the first quarter and they'll all be out of their seats and booing the umpires for the rest of the game as if they've already cost them the game.

Last week against Port, they booed and hurled abuse to the umpires in the AFL members both at half time and full time (despite actually winning the game) because they couldn't get over the fact that Ginnevan didn't get paid a free in the first 5 minutes of the game.

They will get plenty of them tonight.

I'll be real flat if we lose tonight. We'll still be marching into finals regardless, but they've had the wood over us in recent years, beating us in 5 of the past 7 encounters. We owe them a belting.

I'll also fear for my safety leaving the ground regardless of the outcome. Pies fans are a different species and a good case study for sub-human lifeforms.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I was at the Pies-Bombers game where Elliot won it with the after the siren kick.  I was right in front of the umpire's race.  The Collingwood supporters paused their wild celebrations to boo the umpires for the entire time they walked off, even though they just won.  Classy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

On the subject of booing: it’s likely Langers will attract more than his fair share tonight. Maybe only for the first quarter or part thereof, since average Collingwood supporter = attention span of a moth. 
I hope they boo him loudly and often as that’d mean he’s getting a lot of the ball. 
That said, we (DA) will try our damndest to drown them out. Hopefully all Dees peeps join in!

#LotsaLoveForEd

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Last time we played them we were in a "form" slump.

No May, Lever hobbling and Petty off the ground when they got a run-on. Business end of the season, those three playing and we are turning the corner.

Collingwood supporters are up and about however they have had an easy run home and only just beaten sides on the bottom.

Port by 6pts at home

Ess by 4

Crows by 5

North by 7

Suns by 5

Giants at home by 11

That tells me they are super overrated and hanging by a thread. 

Dees win.

• Like 7

I'm convinced that our stunningly well performing offensive structure will make this game a foregone conclusion by half time.

Fireworks from centre clearances will revive memories of bang bang bang.

Spargo could kick 6 plus give Fritsch a few.

Then Demonland will worry all week as to whether we have peaked too soon and demand a week of loading

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

Spring is in the air, we are ‘on song’ and face Collingwood in a ‘blockbuster’ at the ‘G’. How good is that?  Shades of the 1950s and 60s for my generation of Dees supporters.

Our team defence will suffocate the life out of their game plan, and reduce the noise of their fans to a whimper by early in the last quarter.  The ‘magpie army’ will look like a multitude of black and white ants as they trail out of the ground post siren, while the ‘G’ reverberates to the throng of the Grand Old Flag.

Dees by a comfortable 8 goals.

Edited by Deeoldfart
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, SFebes said:

Last time we played them we were in a "form" slump.

No May, Lever hobbling and Petty off the ground when they got a run-on. Business end of the season, those three playing and we are turning the corner.

Collingwood supporters are up and about however they have had an easy run home and only just beaten sides on the bottom.

Port by 6pts at home

Ess by 4

Crows by 5

North by 7

Suns by 5

Giants at home by 11

That tells me they are super overrated and hanging by a thread. 

Dees win.

Turner after starting well, was off concussed early in the second quarter.

• Like 7