• Podcast:  

• Podcast: 2022 Season Review & Trade Wrap 

CHANGES: Rd 20 vs Fremantle

Lever in

rivers out

not like for like but that’s ok - will force us to change some things up a lil bit 

• Shocked 1

In: Bowey, Lever

Out: Salem, Tomlinson

Chandler the sub

Salem has been a liability since he's come back from injury maybe a game in the 2's won't do him any harm.

Last chance to win the flag here. If we can't beat Freo then we can kiss the flag goodbye will struggle to make the top 4. MUST win game.

• Like 1

Apart from Lever and Brown in (goody didn't seem overly confident on Brown) I'm not sure what we do here.

Think we need two tall forwards but wouldn't surprise to see Weideman out despite kicking 3 if Brown is good to go.

Would like to see Hunt back in the team.

Changes are becoming less relevant, we need to get back to doing what we do.

Lever in, Tommo out. 

After seeing Chandler today I'd love to see him get a shot but not going to put any bets on it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SPC said:

One of Gawn or Jackson out

Jackson please looks like he no longer care=s

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In: Lever, Bowey, Chandler

Out: Tomlinson, Salem, Melksham

I accept Salem wont happen but it should, he is the shadow of last years version. More likely Jordon is managed, Gus to wing and Bowey in if a third change, 

Edited by Lil_red_fire_engine

Salem is playing without confidence and therefore most his kicks are high long bombs, this is becoming habitual and now even his passed have to much air.

Jackson has been playing a bit part role for weeks, but that is what a kid his age should be doing.

We are still losing the clearances, which again cost us.

Lever back in is a no brainer, will strengthen backline immensely and help the rebound game (offendence). Our system rely's on two tall forwards (not including a resting ruckman),  Fritsch and pressure.  Melskam doesn't fit this model so BBB for him, I'd also be tempted to swing Petty forward for Weids, with Tomilson to hold his spot or maybe Turner.

Bowey for Salem is also close.

Edited by Ungarieboy

IN: Lever, BB, Chandler

OUT:  Tomlinson, Weid, Melksham 

another one id like but wont happen is Jaskson for JVR,  but if they haven't put JVR in yet i can't see it happening now

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, layzie said:

Changes are becoming less relevant, we need to get back to doing what we do.

Lever in, Tommo out. 

After seeing Chandler today I'd love to see him get a shot but not going to put any bets on it.

Id like to reward Chandler too but who would he come in for? I feel it's Pickett, ANB or Spargo he is competing with:

Pickett kicked 6 last week and 2 last night. He is inconsistent but he has absolute star quality and is so dangerous, he threatens to take every game apart. I can't see him being dropped.

ANB plays a high coverage, high pressure, link up half forward role. I don't know if Chandler has that sort of endurance or aerobic capacity?

Spargo feels to me like he has been down on form, but I'm not sure if that is just because he is averaging less goals per game? He is actually up on score involvements, goal assists, inside 50s, disposals and marks than previous seasons. I think he is playing higher up the ground than before which is continuing to less goals. That isn't where Chandler will play.

Melksham is most likely as he is the last in the team and didn't provide the obvious defensive efforts last night that he did last week. But he had 9 score involvements from 9 disposals, including kicking 2.1 and a goal assist. That isn't a bad return for a fringe player taking his chances.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, SPC said:

One of Gawn or Jackson out

Capital idea, old spice!

Indeed! Let's drop our 5 time All Australian, 2 time best and fairest, premiership winning captain returning from an injury requiring a one month recovery after he was beaten by the opposition ruck despite playing a good game himself by most metrics.

Maxy suiting up for Casey for a hit out on a cold and sh***y day in suburbia surely won't cause any resentment with him or basically the entire club, will it? 🙄

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

1 hour ago, drysdale demon said:

They both won and both lost, I see giggling gerty liked your post.

Because its funny trying to watch you weasel your way through this thread making absolute zero sense as always. You made yourself look very silly with my sarcasm comment and tried to dig your way out. 

"They both won and both lost" when trying to justify a draw.. enough said.

Edited by dazzledavey36

Haven’t had the pleasure of seeing the full game but where I’d be thinking for changes:

1. Chandler had a ripper in the VFL whilst in the seniors we laid 0 tackles inside 50. 

2. Lever returns if fit. 

3. From Goodwin’s presser I’m not confident Brown will be ready next week. 

4. This will be our second consecutive 6-day break and long flight between games. We got overrun this week. Anyone who isn’t fully fit shouldn’t be playing. So if Jordon has a knee concern, don’t risk him, and bring back Hunt or Bowey and move Gus to the wing. 

• Like 1

Don’t reckon we can keep carrying Spargo each week. Doesn’t score and now his pressure and tackling has dropped off. 

maybe he needs to freshen up at Casey 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Time to throw the switch. In the absence of TMac, our lack of big man contesting/marking inside fwd 50 is hurting us big time. Neither Weid (who admittedly made the most of his opportunities last night) or BBB (on one leg) are able to go toe-to-toe with big defenders in marking contests to at least give a contest and bring ball to ground - or even mark a few. Gawn can't be there all the time and Jackson in down on form or fitness. With Tomlinson back in the side and pretty solid, and Lever likely to return, its time to throw Petty forward to add some overhead capacity, and a bit of mongrel - remembering he went forward early in his career (against Dogs ironically) with some success. Chandler is banging down the door often this year, and although a different player to the largely defensive Spargo, deserves a crack at his spot to add some goal kicking and overhead ability (for his size). While Harmes had an ordinary one last night, he has been very good at times this year, and often adds some midfield bite when the usuals aren't getting it done. Melksham stays in for me - conceding he doesn't get a lot of it, his intelligent, skillful kicking adds some much needed composure to the fwd line, and he can usually be accountable for a defender. Would like to get Hunt back in for some dash but realistically a bit hard to see who makes way. If Jordan is managed (as suggested elsewhere) that might be the in - remembering he can play forward or back so gives good coverage also, I would make that change. We really need a bit more run and carry out of defence at the moment to unsettle the opposition - Langers is being sat on lately and can't be expected to do all that every week.

Edited by Robbie22
ommission
  • Like 2

Lever for Tomlinson; Bowey for Jordon (knee or rested); van Rooyen for Sparrow. Brayshaw back to wing. 

FB: Lever, May, Salem

HB: Rivers, Petty, Bowey

C: Brayshaw, Viney, Langdon

HF: Spargo, van Rooyen, Pickett

FF: Neal-Bullen, Weideman, Fristch

FOLL: Gawn, Petracca, Oliver

I/C: Hibberd, Harmes, Jackson, Melksham

SUB: Chandler

Edited by Gouga
Spelling.