GAMEDAY: Rd 17 vs Geelong

Look Geelong are going to come out hard straightaway. They would be so annoyed the way we just steamrolled them and humilated them last year. 

We have to be switched on right from the start. 

Petty and May are going to have huge jobs tonight. 

Tonight will be the perfect time for our forward line to just suddenly click. 

To the Melbourne fans going down there well done, there is no way I could have gone down there tonight, god knows what time Id get home and have to get up so early for work. I know you will be drowned out but barrack hard as possible. 

And the thing that really annoys me is we still have to play down there. We are the reigning premiers. I would have thought this year we'd deserve to miss those trips. We should have earnt the right to play at pour ground for a home game. 

Lets hope this is the last time we play there. 

• Like 3

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

I see in the little paper Geelong are still banging on about the "virus" that "swept through" the team prior to the Preliminary Final and how they wanted to ask the AFL to postpone the match.

'It's not an excuse mind you Melbourne were very good.'

I want to smash this team like never before.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, SPC said:

Not a great day to get Covid and the worlds worst headache 

Thank goodness you have had 39 boosters. Imagine how bad it would be otherwise...

Get well soon

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

I see in the little paper Geelong are still banging on about the "virus" that "swept through" the team prior to the Preliminary Final and how they wanted to ask the AFL to postpone the match.

I hope our team believes Geelong was rife with illness prior to the Prelim. To think otherwise might be construed as complacency.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Agree, the virus thing, simply pathetic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPC said:

Not a great day to get Covid and the worlds worst headache 

That’s no good. Stay in bed and Panadol 4 hourly. Good luck 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Demonland changed the title to GAMEDAY: Rd 17 vs Geelong

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Based on The AGE, AFL and some Fox tipsters we are the underdogs.

We'll show 'em!

Dees by 3-5 goals.

It was the same on RSN this morning. Geelong this, Geelong that...........

We got 'em.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

The football gods should reward this hubris and complacent lack of self-reflection with years of defeats to the Demons.

• Like 2

Odd football fact

Melbourne now have more 100 game players in tonights teams (14 to 13)

Not surprisingly, Geeolong are leading in the over 30's (10 to 4)

Geelong average nearly 50 games per player more than Melbourne.

It is the first of those points that give me hope for some years to come

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Anyone know what numbered clowns in yellow flouro we've got tonight?

Looking forward to beating all 25 of them.

Go Dees

Probably better than most weeks. Meredith and Findlay very experienced.  Power is a rookie.

Justin Power (4), Simon Meredith (21), Robert Findlay (23)
Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Thanks 2

Will be watching this one from home tonight. Not worried at all. Doesn't mean we'll win but I'm comfortable in the fact that we're every bit as good as them win or lose and will beat them when it really matters in September. 

• Like 3

Another lovely warm   morning in downtown Hua Hin  and I'm just about to break my fast at one of the many local eateries.

The good news is that the mamasan of a nearby Sports Bar assured me that showing the AFL is "no problem for me", so I'll be watching the Dees win a tough one.

I reckon it will be close  up to 3/4 time with Melbourne pulling away 20 points.

• Like 2

The media are really talking up the cats in this one

I don't get it. They've beaten no-one recently other than the Tiges. They are 1 year older. they've added Stengle who's been excellent but he ain't going to make up for the overall geriatric profile of this team

We will strangle the life out of these cats and show the world that Geelong are not contenders

Looking forward to it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dees189227 said:

Look Geelong are going to come out hard straightaway. They would be so annoyed the way we just steamrolled them and humilated them last year. 

We have to be switched on right from the start. 

Petty and May are going to have huge jobs tonight. 

Tonight will be the perfect time for our forward line to just suddenly click. 

To the Melbourne fans going down there well done, there is no way I could have gone down there tonight, god knows what time Id get home and have to get up so early for work. I know you will be drowned out but barrack hard as possible. 

And the thing that really annoys me is we still have to play down there. We are the reigning premiers. I would have thought this year we'd deserve to miss those trips. We should have earnt the right to play at pour ground for a home game. 

Lets hope this is the last time we play there. 

Can't make it either, just too tough. Godspeed to everyone going!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

Certainly talking a lot about 'the virus that wasn't an excuse'. This will end up being the new Freed From Desire. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the midfield is where it will be won. If we allow them to get a 4-5 goal run on out of the middle it will be a struggle.

Hopefully we learned frm Rd 23. Th ePrelim suggests that we did but I think the midfield is now their weakest link.

No Stewart and no Koladashkneesupmotherbrown is a decent help as well

Edited by jnrmac
  • Haha 1