Jump to content

CASEY: Rd 10 vs Frankston 


KC from Casey

Recommended Posts

Demons fans, next week at the game cheer hard and loud for Adam Tomlinson. Hasn’t dropped his head, continued to work hard and deserves his shot. We need guys like him being professional and giving it their all regardless of what level they are playing. I have a lot of admiration for players like him and Mitch Brown.

  • Like 29
  • Love 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Siren sounds and it’s 9 games in a row to the Casey Demons.

Casey Demons 2.1.13 8.4.52 8.6.54 10.6.66

Frankston 2.1.13 3.3.21 4.7.31 6.12.48

Goals 

Casey Demons Ellison 3 M Brown 2 Grey Laurie Neocleous J.Smith Woewodin 

Frankston Burton McLaughlin 2 Fordham Lambert

Best

Casey Demons Grey Munro Tomlinson Ellison Baker Turner D Smith Brown

Frankston Stoddart Freeman Mynott Murphy Fordham Riley

Statistics 

Oskar Baker 13 kicks 7 handballs 20 disposals 2 marks 1 tackle 63 dream team points
Riley Baldi 6 kicks 9 handballs 15 disposals 4 marks 7 tackles 74 dream team points 
Mitch Brown 2 goals 2 behinds 9 kicks 3 handballs 12 disposals 5 marks 3 tackles 71 dream team points
Matt Buntine 6 kicks 1 handball 7 disposals 4 marks 4 tackles 49 dream team points
Tyler Edwards 3 kicks 2 handballs disposals 2 marks 1 tackle 20 dream team points
Corey Ellison 3 goals 1 behind 10 kicks 4 handballs 14 disposals 7 marks 1 tackle 2 hit outs 81 dream team points
George Grey 1 goals 13 kicks 6 handballs 19 disposals 2 marks 7 tackles 95 dream team points
Michael Hibberd 6 kicks 5 handballs 11 disposals 3 marks 5 tackles 54dream team points
Ryan Koo 6 kicks 3 handballs 9 disposals 4 marks 1 tackle 34 dream team points
Bailey Laurie 1 goal 3 kicks 6 handballs 9 disposals 3 tackles 36 dream team points
Judd McVee 12 kicks 2 handballs 14 disposals 3 marks 2 tackles 55 dream team points
Andy Moniz-Wakefield 3 kicks 6 handballs 9 disposals 1 mark 2 tackles 29 dream team points
Bryce Milford 2 kicks 1 handballs 3 disposals 4 tackles 5 hit outs 30 dream team points
James Munro 5 kicks 17 handballs 22 disposals 2 marks 14 tackles 102 dream team points
Harvey Neocleous 1 goal 1 kicks 3 handballs 4 disposals 2 tackles 23 dream team points
Fraser Rosman 6 kicks 3 handballs 9 disposals 4 marks 3 tackles 39 dream team points
Deakyn Smith 12 kicks 7 handballs 19 disposals 5 marks 5 tackles 80 dream team points
Josh Smith 1 goals 5 kicks 5 handballs 10 disposals 3 marks 3 tackles 25 hit outs 78 dream team points
Roan Steele 5 kicks 5 handballs 10 disposals 3 marks 3 tackles 43 dream team points
Adam Tomlinson 21 kicks 7 handballs 28 disposals 8 marks 3 tackles 114 dream team points
Daniel Turner 9 kicks 5 handballs 14 disposals 7 marks 1 tackles 62 dream team points
Mitch White 8 kicks 4 handballs 12 disposals 4 marks 11 tackles 80 dream team points
Taj Woewodin 1 goal 8 kicks 8 handballs 16 disposals 4 marks 2 tackles 66 dream team points

  • Thanks 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

Demons fans, next week at the game cheer hard and loud for Adam Tomlinson. Hasn’t dropped his head, continued to work hard and deserves his shot. We need guys like him being professional and giving it their all regardless of what level they are playing. I have a lot of admiration for players like him and Mitch Brown.

He is a good club man 

And IMVHO Mitch Brown should replace Weed next week.  I had thought that JVR could have been a chance but missed this week with “illness”. 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 minutes ago, KC from Casey said:

Siren sounds and it’s 9 games in a row to the Casey Demons.

Casey Demons 2.1.13 8.4.52 8.6.54 10.6.66

Frankston 2.1.13 3.3.21 4.7.31 6.12.48

Goals 

Casey Demons Ellison 3 M Brown 2 Grey Laurie Neocleous J.Smith Woewodin 

Frankston Burton McLaughlin 2 Fordham Lambert

Disposals Tomlinson 28 Munro 22 Baker 20 Grey D Smith 19

KC what position does Ellison play and did Brown do enough to play against the Swans next week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, KC from Casey said:

Turner playing well but he’s only just come back in the last few weeks. Would that be enough to get into the Melbourne team? I’m not sure.

No chance I would have thought, but gee the boy is good. Beautiful reader of the flight, backs himself, terrific marking hands and thoughtful disposal. I presume he was playing the loose intercept defender (impossible to tell on the livestream, KC thoughts?) because he seemed impassable down there. Needless to say, Tommo several levels above the whole thing. Straight in, and as Goody said, he just needed to play football, that is get minutes. Is one of the elite endurance athletes at the club, so he’ll be cherry ripe. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

from the bits and bobs i saw, tomlinson and turner pretty solid down back, baker's workrate is afl-level (and kicking is qafl-level), woewodin and deakyn smith look likely types, both amz and laurie pretty quiet, and an afl club should use a mid-season draft selection on corey ellison

be interesting to see who returns next week, cos other than tomlinson and to a lesser extent turner no one really put their claims on a role in the afl side

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My takes ...

  • Tommo BOG and comes in to the seniors next week
  • Hibbo will need more time before he's considered
  • Mitch Brown crashes packs and atm if Tom Mc doesn't get up I'd say he's a good chance of a game (perhaps even if?)
  • We really have to look at Cory Ellison - perhaps a Rookie spot next year?

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tomlinson very good but still has moments where he seems tentative on his legs.

Turner had some excellent moments, he reads it well and bodies up nicely. Doesn’t really get high in the air to pluck marks or spoil over the top which is something he might have to add to excel at afl level.

Deakin Smith continues to do some great things but undo them with poor use at times. Love his aggression and movement.

Laurie has the biggest backside a Dees player has had since Trengove. Unlike Trengove he doesn’t use it to win the pill in tight. He’s a long way off 

Taj is a solid performer at this level who would be loved by his team mates. 

George Grey continues to do more as a midfielder, one to watch 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really not sure what caused the dramatic fall off in intensity from Casey in that last half, could barely get the ball past the centre wing in that last quarter, every time Frankston kicked a minor score, Tomlinson would run his required distance and bomb it to an outnumbered Mitch Brown, only for it to come straight back the other way, was extremely frustrating.

Tommo was clearly the pick of the Dees, found plenty of it, read the play well and worked within his limitations to find others.

Hibberd will no doubt have 2 or 3 qtrs of VFL next week looked well short of a gallop, then likely a full VFL game, there's no way or need for them to rush him. Same with Salem you'd expect at least 1 VFL hitout next week against Sydney in the curtain raiser.

Bakers workrate was immense, it mystifies me how we've had Melksham planted on a wing the last two weeks in the seniors when Baker plays the wing role perfectly, I guess it was to get Milkshake to his 200 and he'll be straight back down to this level next week.

A lot of our senior listed players are 'goers' at this level still, Laurie was only average today whereas I have seen him play a lot better games a month ago, Deakyn Smith has flashes of class followed by going missing for 20 minutes, same with the newer guys McVee and Woewodin Jnr, although his smother was magnificent.

Daniel Turner is the one for me, he's still too underdone given his long layoff from that foot injury, but he has all the traits we require in a young key position player, it was good to see they gave him a taste at the top level against Carlton in that pre-season game, so they obviously can see that potential like Casey watchers have. I don't think he'll get a game at senior level this year but look forward to seeing him in the seniors next year.

Brown similarly to Baker has an endless workrate, he continually presents at this level, and could be considered as Weideman was again abysmal at senior level.

Elllison as has been mentioned was the standout of the Casey listed players, he looks like he could play if he gets drafted next week, hopefully for our sake he doesn't and we get to watch him develop for the rest of the year for Casey.

A workmanlike win in the end after that 2nd quarter dominance.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mo64 said:

Frankston are the Dolphins. Williamstown are the Seagulls.

Missed the 1st qtr. The tackling and smothering by the Dees has been fantastic. One particular smother by Woey was incredible, and led to a goal.

Mitch Brown doing what is expected by our key forwards, and is leading up and hitting the packs. 

Hibbo looks like he needs the run. Tommo stills worries me cause he gets caught out of position at times.

Best for Dees has been Casey players Munro and Grey. Pretty even contribution by Melbourne listed players.

And we all know who the cockroaches are. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DemonDave said:

Really not sure what caused the dramatic fall off in intensity from Casey in that last half, could barely get the ball past the centre wing in that last quarter, every time Frankston kicked a minor score, Tomlinson would run his required distance and bomb it to an outnumbered Mitch Brown, only for it to come straight back the other way, was extremely frustrating.

Tommo was clearly the pick of the Dees, found plenty of it, read the play well and worked within his limitations to find others.

Hibberd will no doubt have 2 or 3 qtrs of VFL next week looked well short of a gallop, then likely a full VFL game, there's no way or need for them to rush him. Same with Salem you'd expect at least 1 VFL hitout next week against Sydney in the curtain raiser.

Bakers workrate was immense, it mystifies me how we've had Melksham planted on a wing the last two weeks in the seniors when Baker plays the wing role perfectly, I guess it was to get Milkshake to his 200 and he'll be straight back down to this level next week.

A lot of our senior listed players are 'goers' at this level still, Laurie was only average today whereas I have seen him play a lot better games a month ago, Deakyn Smith has flashes of class followed by going missing for 20 minutes, same with the newer guys McVee and Woewodin Jnr, although his smother was magnificent.

Daniel Turner is the one for me, he's still too underdone given his long layoff from that foot injury, but he has all the traits we require in a young key position player, it was good to see they gave him a taste at the top level against Carlton in that pre-season game, so they obviously can see that potential like Casey watchers have. I don't think he'll get a game at senior level this year but look forward to seeing him in the seniors next year.

Brown similarly to Baker has an endless workrate, he continually presents at this level, and could be considered as Weideman was again abysmal at senior level.

Elllison as has been mentioned was the standout of the Casey listed players, he looks like he could play if he gets drafted next week, hopefully for our sake he doesn't and we get to watch him develop for the rest of the year for Casey.

A workmanlike win in the end after that 2nd quarter dominance.

Could be wrong but thought they played an extra around the ball from about half way through the second and also got their clearance, switch and hit up game going.   Used the whole ground really well and worked hard to lock it in their 50.

I really like the looks of Dolphin's Connor Riley

1 hour ago, DemonDave said:

Really not sure what caused the dramatic fall off in intensity from Casey in that last half, could barely get the ball past the centre wing in that last quarter, every time Frankston kicked a minor score, Tomlinson would run his required distance and bomb it to an outnumbered Mitch Brown, only for it to come straight back the other way, was extremely frustrating.

Tommo was clearly the pick of the Dees, found plenty of it, read the play well and worked within his limitations to find others.

Hibberd will no doubt have 2 or 3 qtrs of VFL next week looked well short of a gallop, then likely a full VFL game, there's no way or need for them to rush him. Same with Salem you'd expect at least 1 VFL hitout next week against Sydney in the curtain raiser.

Bakers workrate was immense, it mystifies me how we've had Melksham planted on a wing the last two weeks in the seniors when Baker plays the wing role perfectly, I guess it was to get Milkshake to his 200 and he'll be straight back down to this level next week.

A lot of our senior listed players are 'goers' at this level still, Laurie was only average today whereas I have seen him play a lot better games a month ago, Deakyn Smith has flashes of class followed by going missing for 20 minutes, same with the newer guys McVee and Woewodin Jnr, although his smother was magnificent.

Daniel Turner is the one for me, he's still too underdone given his long layoff from that foot injury, but he has all the traits we require in a young key position player, it was good to see they gave him a taste at the top level against Carlton in that pre-season game, so they obviously can see that potential like Casey watchers have. I don't think he'll get a game at senior level this year but look forward to seeing him in the seniors next year.

Brown similarly to Baker has an endless workrate, he continually presents at this level, and could be considered as Weideman was again abysmal at senior level.

Elllison as has been mentioned was the standout of the Casey listed players, he looks like he could play if he gets drafted next week, hopefully for our sake he doesn't and we get to watch him develop for the rest of the year for Casey.

A workmanlike win in the end after that 2nd quarter dominance.

I could be wrong but thought they played an extra around the ball from about half way through the second and also got their clearance, switch and hit up game going.   Used the whole ground really well and worked hard to lock it in their 50.

I really like the looks of Dolphin's Connor Riley

2 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Tomlinson very good but still has moments where he seems tentative on his legs.

Turner had some excellent moments, he reads it well and bodies up nicely. Doesn’t really get high in the air to pluck marks or spoil over the top which is something he might have to add to excel at afl level.

Deakin Smith continues to do some great things but undo them with poor use at times. Love his aggression and movement.

Laurie has the biggest backside a Dees player has had since Trengove. Unlike Trengove he doesn’t use it to win the pill in tight. He’s a long way off 

Taj is a solid performer at this level who would be loved by his team mates. 

George Grey continues to do more as a midfielder, one to watch 

 

Agree re Tomo assessment but most likely straight in for Maysie

Laurie continues to show patches but still isn't at the level IMHO.  

2 hours ago, Big Col said:

My takes ...

  • Tommo BOG and comes in to the seniors next week
  • Hibbo will need more time before he's considered
  • Mitch Brown crashes packs and atm if Tom Mc doesn't get up I'd say he's a good chance of a game (perhaps even if?)
  • We really have to look at Cory Ellison - perhaps a Rookie spot next year?

 

Hibbo will only need one more solid 3 to 4 quarter match i reckon & should be ready.

Mitch should come straight in for Weid.  His forward craft (mostly air but also quite mobile at ground level) and goal kicking is significantly at a higher level along with his goal awareness.  Gets to plenty of aerial contests and brings the ball to ground a fair bit.

Ellison is def worth considering.   Just gets to the right places and works his butt off to ensure he impacts.  Hits in pretty hard and pretty accurate set shot up to 40/45 out.  Has some moves and good awareness of who's around.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Hibberd looked a bit overweight which is as expected considering the recurring calf injuries would have impacted his ability to do much running over the past few months.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Ellison has really impressed me.

I've been a big wrap on this kid since watching him this year but Andy Moniz Wakefield has got huge upside. His so clean below his knees and rarely fumbles. 

His kicking skills are very very neat.

A long way to go but couldn't agree more... Moniz could be a jet!!  Something special about this one

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DemonDave said:

 

Really not sure what caused the dramatic fall off in intensity from Casey in that last half, could barely get the ball past the centre wing in that last quarter,

 

Fitness and experience I reckon was the main factor. Casey pretty much used the same 4 on ballers, including White and Grey (who should be half forwards) and Baldi who’s depth down back usually. Big Smith did well in the ruck but tired and started badly mistiming his jumps and Milford wasn’t much of a back up.

Buntine went down back once Hibbo was done for the day which took away the 3rd wing. And then the small forwards (both afl and VFL listed) all haven’t played much. Long bomb kick outs rely on the mids and half forwards winning the contests once it hits the ground and our guys seemed pretty spent.

Possibly some of the AFL listed guys weren’t 100% as well. 

Frankston look light on for depth but their midfield has some afl experience and maturity. They got well on top in that area. Was actually nice to see the crowd get fired up 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    FROZEN by Whispering Jack

    Who would have thought?    Collingwood had a depleted side with several star players out injured, Max Gawn was in stellar form, Christian Petracca at the top of his game and Simon Goodwin was about to pull off a masterstroke in setting Alex Neal-Bullen onto him to do a fantastic job in subduing the Magpies' best player. Goody had his charges primed to respond robustly to the challenge of turning around their disappointing performance against Fremantle in Alice Springs. And if not that, t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 7

    TURNAROUND by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons won their first game at home this year in the traditional King’s Birthday Weekend clash with Collingwood VFL on Sunday in a dramatic turnaround on recent form that breathed new life into the beleaguered club’s season. The Demons led from the start to record a 52-point victory. It was their highest score and biggest winning margin by far for the 2024 season. Under cloudy but calm conditions for Casey Fields, the home side, wearing the old Springvale guernsey as a mark of res

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PREGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

    After two disappointing back to back losses the Demons have the bye in Round 14 and then face perennial cellar dweller North Melbourne at the MCG on Saturday night in Round 15. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 190

    PODCAST: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 11th June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Magpies in the Round 13 on Kings Birthday. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. L

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 36

    VOTES: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

    Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Magpies. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 41

    POSTGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

    Once again inaccuracy and inefficiency going inside 50 rears it's ugly head as the Demons suffered their second loss on the trot and their fourth loss in five games as they go down to the Pies by 38 points on Kings Birthday at the MCG.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 415

    GAMEDAY: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

    It's Game Day and the Demons are once again faced with a classic 8 point game against a traditional rival on King's Birthday at the MCG. A famous victory will see them reclaim a place in the Top 8 whereas a loss will be another blow for their finals credentials.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 941

    BOILED LOLLIES by The Oracle

    In the space of a month Melbourne has gone from chocolates to boiled lollies in terms of its standing as a candidate for the AFL premiership.  The club faces its moment of truth against a badly bruised up Collingwood at the MCG. A win will give it some respite but even then, it won’t be regarded particularly well being against an opponent carrying the burden of an injured playing list. A loss would be a disaster. The Demons have gone from a six/two win/loss ratio and a strong percentag

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 3

    CLEAN HANDS by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons headed into town and up Sydney Road to take on the lowly Coburg Lions who have been perennial VFL easy beats and sitting on one win for the season. Last year, Casey beat them in a practice match when resting their AFL listed players. That’s how bad they were. Nobody respected them on Saturday and clearly not the Demons who came to the game with 22 players (ten MFC), but whether they came out to play is another matter because for the most part, their intensity was lacking an

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...