GAMEDAY: Rd 06 vs Richmond

Whispering_Jack

As we're the away side, this is the one game a year where we're in the other change rooms and our cheer squad will be at the Ponsford end.

Will that disrupt our usual routines?

(tongue in cheek here...)

Anyway that aside, we're due to lose a game. It's going to happen soon. If not this week then I can easily see us losing to Hawthorn or St Kilda in the coming fortnight. No Lever, Salem or Viney, and something of an "experiment" running Brown and Weideman for the first time. Will it be tonight? Honestly, whilst it shouldn't be (even with those three missing we're much better than Richmond this year), I won't be surprised.

We have three grandchildren playing at the half time game tonight (from two families).

they don’t find out until they get to the ground which team they’re playing for.

they’re under strict instructions if it’s the Tiges  they are to throw the game

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Crompton's the man said:

We have three grandchildren playing at the half time game tonight (from two families).

they don’t find out until they get to the ground which team they’re playing for.

they’re under strict instructions if it’s the Tiges  they are to throw the game

Hope they have fun!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

No ready for big wins to be forgotten of for at least the next three years......then it will probably be something else.

24 minutes ago, Dee-lusional said:

just re-watched last years game. Would be happy with a similar result.

Interesting that the tone of the commentary was one of surprise for how well the Dee's played.

They kept mentioning it was the start of something! WTH! we were already 5-0 

Strange to see Lingers in short sleeves. I didn't remember that ever happening.

I recall thinking that the Richmond win was a real turning point ... we held them to 6.12 for the match and that might have been why so many were so enamoured with our performance

Not sure they were ever in the game after we held them goalless in the 2nd quarter

So scoring freely is one thing but stifling scoring appeals more to those who regard that as being really important (or more important)

And the Tigers were sitting 5th on the ladder going into that round 6 game against us ... they were also the reigning Premiers

Edited by Macca
  • Like 3

Is there a more predictable and useless throway like than "due for a loss"? 

It's the worst saying. 

Based on our form and Richmond's form, we're not due for anything but another win. And that's all you can go by. 

Edited by JimmyGadson
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

They threw everything they had at us in the first 15 minutes of last year's game. We absorbed it all then ran away from them. It felt like a passing of the torch.

As long as Jake Bowey stays in the team we can't lose! Go Dees

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, Demon4Life said:

They threw everything they had at us in the first 15 minutes of last year's game. We absorbed it all then ran away from them. It felt like a passing of the torch.

As long as Jake Bowey stays in the team we can't lose! Go Dees

So true. Going in last year there seemed to be so much buzz around that the reigning premiers were going to give us a reality check. I was $h!tting myself in the first 10 mins or so, but wow it was a special game when we got past their failed attempt to seize the ascendancy early in the first. Triumphing on Jonesy’s 300th, ruining Dusty's 250th, and Trac getting the medal as a portent to his ultimate Norm Smith success.

Edited by gs77
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Pickitt said:

Hey all new here looking forward to the game tonight

Hi Pickitt! 👋 

I joined exactly a year ago, so I feel qualified enough to give you this advice: if/when we lose, don’t, I repeat, DON’T come on here. You’ll forget everything that’s good in the world. 🙃

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, gs77 said:

So true. Going in last year there seemed to be so much buzz around that the reigning premiers were going to give us a reality check. I was $h!tting myself in the first 10 mins or so, but wow it was a special game when we got past their failed attempt to seize the ascendancy early in the first. Triumphing on Jonesy’s 300th, ruining Dusty's 250th, and Trac getting the medal as a portent to his ultimate Norm Smith success.

I still think Salem was meant to get it last year. He will be missed on the big occasion tonight.

• Like 5

I’m so excited about tonight’s game. My favourite game of the year ( finals not counted). It’s my first live game this year.

Not living in Melbourne now, I have come to town for the weekend, saw a show last night, been to the LUME exhibition this morning and about to have a high tea with my daughter.

A great win tonight will be the icing on the cake for me.

Go Dees ❤️💙

• Like 9
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, jane02 said:

I’m so excited about tonight’s game. My favourite game of the year ( finals not counted). It’s my first live game this year.

Not living in Melbourne now, I have come to town for the weekend, saw a show last night, been to the LUME exhibition this morning and about to have a high tea with my daughter.

A great win tonight will be the icing on the cake for me.

Go Dees ❤️💙

Enjoy the day and the win tonight Jane!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

Thanks Nurse WWW, I will do just that, thank you for your concern and advice!!! But, after 5 PM then, the water may be diluted with an all in one, clinically proven mouth cleanser, palate reconditioner and throat relaxer exiler.... In other words, it will be all ahead full with some GLUG GLUGS!!😇

I'm calling BS picket!

You'll be snapping a cap well before 5.00 !!!!! The sun's already over the yardarm !!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I'm calling BS picket!

You'll be snapping a cap well before 5.00 !!!!! The sun's already over the yardarm !!!

watching the 2s had to have a heart starter .tom could be in the 2s for awhile

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I reckon this will be a close one - for about 15 minutes.

It's pretty good to be our shoes at the moment. Two of the best defenders going around are out of  our side yet we can bring in quality like Petty and Smith and still have Tommo waiting for a shot. I can't see geriatric Jack doing much damage and Lynch is a frontrunner.

Without their main man Dusty they lack both fire power and muscle.

Really keen to watch Dunstan in the middle and also Sparrow with extra responsibility.

Hope Weid and BBB don't run into each other but I reckon Kozzie will thrive on the big stage and  clean up.

Dees 30+

In a moment of rare generosity I've given The Manor's domestic staff the weekend off! I even shouted them a camping site (non powered) in the hills.

I imagine they've well and truly pitched their tents by now!

All staff to be gifted a large turnip as Christmas bonus??

• Haha 1

Would just love to see Demons go wild from the 1st qtr and slaughter the Tigers!

However willing to accept any win, after years in the wilderness.

The 3rd quarter last week highlighted our top end capability and would be brilliant to see it on display a little more often pre the finals! Who better to wallop than the Tiggers!!

• Like 2

I just hope tonight goes as I wish for it to go every week. We kick straight, win and no injuries. 

Also I hope I have no annoying Richmond supporters around me like I seem to have every year. I remember last year people in front of kept saying when Viney got the ball watch out for Sydney Stack, like it was a good hit but really not the best bump up there. Anyway we won so they left early. 

• Like 1