• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 23 vs Geelong

Demonland

4 minutes ago, Deebymistake said:

No, I think at least 50,000 of us were doing that exact same stance at that exact same moment.  Not many fully invested supporters would have remained in their chair while Gawn took that kick!

When he was lining up after the siren against Geelong in 2018, I went and locked myself in the bathroom and cupped my ears (the flying Billy Stretch shot against North in Tasmania was even worse, I flew off my couch, ran down the hall, out the front door, and half way down the street). Last night I calmly watched as he slotted it through, and reacted with a grin alone (until the exuberant celebration of the boys). That stuff had destiny written all over it. Never ever in doubt - you could even see it on Max's face. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I am still so emotional about last night. That’s the best win I’ve ever seen. I can’t get over how much the boys care for each other.

I also can’t get over the game Clayton played. He is the best player I’ve seen play for our club and I bloody love the bloke. He willed himself to keep winning the ball. I am so proud of my club. Can’t wait to wear my Dees gear to the pub this afternoon.

Go Dees!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

LOL at the thought of Dr D having spent the entire match typing up as much vitriolic bile as is conceivable, with thumb hovering over “submit reply” button waiting for the siren, only to have Maxy rain on his parade. 😆

He’s at home right now trying to figure out how many salary cap and drug infringements we need to drop out of the top 4 from here. 🤣

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Skuit said:

That stuff had destiny written all over it. Never ever in doubt - you could even see it on Max's face.

Yep - the close up of his face when the siren went as he initially began his run up.

Could have been apathy, could have been nonchalance, probably a vibe of destiny. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Deebymistake said:

No, I think at least 50,000 of us were doing that exact same stance at that exact same moment.  Not many fully invested supporters would have remained in their chair while Gawn took that kick!

Yeah but the bending crouch down felt like when players turn their head sideways to see the ball go through on a set shot when I was doing it. A quirky mannerism that doesn’t make a lot of sense but everyone else did it so I’m happy to be normal!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The heart beats true said:

For those of you wondering if watching the full replay is worth it. It is. 

Couple of take aways from the second time around:

Kozzie looked on, and was very agile around stoppage.

Lever was ridiculously good.

Oliver is the player you want when the chips are down.

Max was exceptional after half time.

Tom Sparrow is a great mark for his size. Needs to work on his foot skills.

Brown did what he needed to do. Spargo the same.

Tmac and May will be better for the run.

The big takeaway - Standing up in tackles is the way through a teams defence at stoppage. It’s frustrating to watch players get caught with the ball, but clearly both sides know to take the heat and draw players in so you can get them on the outside. I think this is why Viney is viewed as integral to our game plan.

I'd add the replay showed that we were on top in that second, until about half way throught it.

They started to get on top in clearnces and contested ball, but even after they got a goal in front our pressure was right up there.

Then it was four minutes of madness where we couldn't stop them winning it straight out of the centre- and they had so much space goal side of the bounce.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

LOL at the thought of Dr D having spent the entire match typing up as much vitriolic bile as is conceivable, with thumb hovering over “submit reply” button waiting for the siren, only to have Maxy rain on his parade. 😆

Oh yeah good call, is there a Dr in the house???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

He’s at home right now trying to figure out how many salary cap and drug infringements we need to drop out of the top 4 from here. 🤣

It's a bit of a shame. I was becoming quite fond of the third person 'don't ever question Dr D, Dr D will be proven right, nobody has any idea of how smart I, I mean Dr D, really is. You mark Dr D's words. A prophet Dr D is'. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Yeah...gee where is Dr D today or anywhere in the post match?

Seriously ....will take Geelong 3-5 years to get over that one.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

Viney was back to his manic best. He's got his faults but the bloke would run through a brick wall in big games. Some amazing smothers and chasing.

I love Kozzies work and just watching him play but bloody hell Spargo is underrated.

Two goals in the last QTR. He's our smallest player and he tackles like a man posessed. I remember kids like that at school. They were small and they would hit you like a freight train. Charlie has a point to prove. He's not flash but he's as hard as nails and super smart.

Best win ever! The lid is off and I'm going to embrace the next four weeks as something to really cherish with this team.

Go Dees and thanks to everyone on Demonland for their company.

I was dreaming about what could happen in 4 weeks while sweeping the yard today. And Spargo came to mind. He's so understated, he could kick a goal like that after the siren to win the Granny and he still wouldn't celebrate. Would walk up and receive his premiership medal and just give a wave.

Love him

• Like 2

@Lord Nev i was wrong about smith's role and you were right.

Not even a hint of playing the hunt overlap run role. Ad you suggested he still ran off a bit  but really played as a key tall defender.

Took Rohan, Cameron and even danger at times. Played them all pretty tight too.

He makes me nervous one on one, but to be fair didn't lose many contests.

Beat danger brilliantly on one occasion when he found himself isolated on him (that hit forward along the ground).

He has some toe and physically look different from a couple of years back.

Its an interesting move actually because all the contenders have at least three genuine talle in their forward line, including us.

Smith taking one of them means lever can play his intercept role. 

Edited by binman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, A F said:

Agree with most of this but felt Trac struggled most of the night, as did May.

Gus played a great defensive game though IMO. I hope he gets internal accolades, which I'm sure he will.

I still think Smith has completely thrown out our defensive synergy. Geelong's first goal was caused because he clattered into a team mate. He does it too often. I worry that we've left it too late to be bringing in a guy that hasn't played enough footy next to our current back 6. Let's hope it doesn't cost us.

Trac and May had poor first halves but I thought both of them lifted in the second half, May in particular, who had looked at sea a number of times under high balls.

I agree re: Smith. He's much loved on here but I can't stand players going up when they shouldn't and whilst most of our list has fixed this part of their game over the last 3 years, Smith's first act last night was to spoil Petty and give Geelong a goal.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, BDA said:

Just looked at the last 2 mins again. I've lost count how many times i've watched it today. It will never get old

I started reading the news. Got depressed. Switched on the mini replays on Kayo. Mood fixed! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It's so incredibly petty, but I love watching the Geelong players' reaction to Gawn's mark.

Stanley tries to blame everyone else when he blatantly couldn't be arsed covering Gawn (or anyone else).

Hawkins pulls his "oh crap" face.

O'Connor asks his teammates the question. Rohan gets angry.

Someone (might have been Rohan) yells "f*cking man up!" at his own teammates.

So petty but so, so enjoyable.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 8