• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Finals 2021

Demonland

38 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Can you imagine playing a home grand final against Port in Adelaide. FMD. 

It’s a sick joke if you ask me.

A potential 17-4-1  season and we don’t host a game at our beloved MCG throughout the finals, and then face Port at AO in the grand final for a cherry on the sundae.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

A potential 17-4-1  season and we don’t host a game at our beloved MCG throughout the finals, and then face Port at AO in the grand final for a cherry on the sundae.

Bring it on

Would rather see us win the flag in front of 50k feral Port supporters than in front of 60k west aussies out for a day on the grog.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Put it this way. What would you prefer. Fly into Adelaide morning of the game and sit in the cricket pithces and dream of being Dennis Lillee or have to fly into perth and put up with several days of hotel quaranting in mcgowanville ? Dennis Lillee thankyou very much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Demonland said:

I saw that Tom Browne segment at half time. /

He was asked, "Do you think Adelaide have a case to host the grand final or would Perth still be in pole position despite the easier travel to Adelaide and the presence of Port as a contender?"

I swear that man is some kind of malfunctioning android. There should be a twitter account dedicated to determining if the passes the Turing Test.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Whats sad is Port have beaten 4 top 8 sides vs 8 by the Dees yet they could finish higher, afl fixture hey

18 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

I saw that Tom Browne segment at half time. /

He was asked, "Do you think Adelaide have a case to host the grand final or would Perth still be in pole position despite the easier travel to Adelaide and the presence of Port as a contender?"

I swear that man is some kind of malfunctioning android. There should be a twitter account dedicated to determining if the passes the Turing Test.

He asked Luke Beverage the first question of the presser via Zoom, Beverage wasn’t impressed with the question and responded with a question back to Tom.

Tom was nowhere to be heard and clearly skirted the question.

5 hours ago, Demonsone said:

Whats sad is Port have beaten 4 top 8 sides vs 8 by the Dees yet they could finish higher, afl fixture hey

Umm, we lost to Coll and Adel and drew with Haw so we kind of fixtured ourselves there…

tom hardy raised eyebrow GIF

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I guess it’s how interstate teams feel having to play a Grand Final at the MCG.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If the GF is played in Adelaide so be it. Port are very beatable. They would have to deal with the pressure of expectation in front of their own fans and the home crowd energy can work against them as well. Go behind and the anxiety from the crowd can inhibit their performance

Perhaps we could crowdfund a plan to get as many Crows supporters as possible into the game for free. They hate Port and would cheer us on I’m sure.

Plus, we are a better team anyways. And Georgiadis is out (I feel for the kid, very good young player)

Strong umpires essential though. Can’t be having any hometown favouritism ruining the game

Btw some examples of home teams losing major soccer finals

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/07/09/england-beware-major-finals-home/

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

And I don't care what anyone says, Port  are the worst 2nd place team in many seasons. 

And last night 1 goal in a half against one of the poorer defences.   

Cats (although without Stewart is a complication), Lions and Dees will deal with them.

Just now, BDA said:

Perhaps we could crowdfund a plan to get as many Crows supporters as possible into the game for free. They hate Port and would cheer us on I’m sure.

Absolutely they will. My son and i went to the Dees vs Port game in Adelaide in 1998. Dees won kicking  13 goals to 7 after 1/4 time and putting us into the 8 in Danihers first season.

My son wore his Dees jumper at the airport going home that afternoon and was asked by multiple Adelaide residents who won and were rapt when he told them the Dees had.

Adelaide truly hate Port. It will be a help for us in this scenario. 

Probaly even be happy for ex- favourite son Jake Lever.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Bring it on

Would rather see us win the flag in front of 50k feral Port supporters than in front of 60k west aussies out for a day on the grog.

Without the Eagles being involved you won’t get that , you will actually get football lovers

What rpfc would do - if we win - take the Lions down to Tassie for a packed house that would have more Dees and old Lions fans.

If we lose, we are off to Adelaide for the right to play a Prelim probably in Adelaide…

On 8/18/2021 at 8:37 PM, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Who’s to say it will even be this year? We might give it everything we’ve got but Bontempelli or Hawkins or even bloody Charlie Dixon gets a hold of us in a prelim.

There’s still some brilliant teams in contention, we don’t have the finals experience of others and we might not quite be the final product yet.

A premier has to get it perfect for 3 games in the September pressure cooker. Time will tell if that’s us.

And that’s the hardest part, the alternative scenario. This situation would have been hard enough without all the extra stuff. It’s just so much to digest. 

1 hour ago, rpfc said:

What rpfc would do - if we win - take the Lions down to Tassie for a packed house that would have more Dees and old Lions fans.

If we lose, we are off to Adelaide for the right to play a Prelim probably in Adelaide…

I love the idea of playing in Tassie. I just worry that the ground conditions there are not ideal. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

I won’t be surprised to see Sydney or GWS paying in a prelim.

How much would they have to pay?🙂

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

I think both 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 will be played in Adelaide next week and maybe even a 3rd game.

If Melbourne and Geelong win next week I reckon both will go straight to WA to quarantine for prelims.  The other teams will either stay in Adelaide or head to Brisbane and quarantine for the semi finals and prelims If they win.

Geelong won't recover from that lose. absolute confidence crusher. I predict a straight sets exit

Doggies form has deserted them. I reckon they'll lose their elim final

GWS or Sydney to win through to a prelim with the Lions

No bye a huge advantage for us and Port. And Port with home advantage a great chance to make the GF. We'll win through as well

Port and Dees GF i reckon

Sydney worry me the most. They will challenge us the most with their contested footy. They have a lot of talent across the board. Very good ruckman. Excellent mids. Buddy. The coach I rate the most in the AFL (except Clarko). 
They are the one side I really don’t want to meet in finals. 

• Like 1